Jon Witterick stepping down from GOODF

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

daveBeeston
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Jon Witterick stepping down from GOODF

Post by daveBeeston »

Come on guys and gals lets not let this thread descend into another Quatloos members vs Tuco argument.

Lets keep the thread on topic and not derail it for petty arguments and personal grievances with each other.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

longdog wrote:
Tuco wrote:Have a read of this before you start preaching to me about obligations. I'd get in fast though-Admin usually delete links to scams carried out by Government agencies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ayers.html
"Don't believe me? Read The Daily Mail!!"

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Actually Lightening, it isn't a Daily Mail report. It is a review of a very well constructed documentary carried out by Channel 4's "Dispatches". Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a recording of the actual show.

But hey-Why should you break the habit of a lifetime and get something right eh? Let's brush it under the carpet and pretend it didn't happen, like with the selling of agreements.
Bungle told me that she worked at the CAB
She lied
Henti
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Henti »

I don't think it is Tuco, so much as what he represents.

It's not just members on here either.

Now he seems to be arguing that one supposedly uncontionable action , excuses another.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Tuco wrote: Actually Lightening, it isn't a Daily Mail report. It is a review of a very well constructed documentary carried out by Channel 4's "Dispatches". Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a recording of the actual show.

But hey-Why should you break the habit of a lifetime and get something right eh? Let's brush it under the carpet and pretend it didn't happen, like with the selling of agreements.
Ah right... Because it's a review of a TV programme it's immune to the Daily Mail's usual right-wing agenda... OK. :haha:

Who are you going to cite next? Rense? Whale.to?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

As for your question, no I would not like anyone to provide accommodation foc to a scumbag who was trying it on. I have told you before, my stance is to help the little person. I have no sympathy if the occasional Tom Crawford comes along and shafts the big boys. Unlike the little person, the big boys can afford it
Double standards.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Right knock it off, this is going way off topic.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Bones

Post by Bones »

I have been giving this some thought.

I wonder if John sold GOODF to someone and the crowdfunding was a cash grab by the new owner. Afterall it was not John or any other known name that set up the crowd funding page.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

daveBeeston wrote:Come on guys and gals lets not let this thread descend into another Quatloos members vs Tuco argument.

Lets keep the thread on topic and not derail it for petty arguments and personal grievances with each other.
And the way to make sure that Tuco does not derail yet another thread is to IGNORE HIM.

He was a prolific poster on Getoutofdebtfree for a long time with the username of Butterfingers. This thread from just two years back demonstrates that he has a nasty attitude and a desire to start arguments. He hasn't changed (see pages 2 and 3).

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... GjtwLGcaCQ

PS: Like most posts associated with Butterfingers, this one was not stored on anyone's computer. It was found easily by way of a simple google search using these words: Getoutofdebtfree...Butterfingers...Lord Denning....Letissier
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Bones

Post by Bones »

And back to John.........
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

SoLongCeylon wrote:They did it! :D
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/getoutofde ... -expansion

says the Crowdfunder site. Well not quite the £30,000 but they did get £2365 from 134 of their 65,000 members.

Good effort everyone. The Goodf website is now safe for a few months until Colon trashes it.

So Witterfuck, what is your next move? How about crawling back underneath the rock from whence you came?
After the GOODF Crowdfunder failure (an average donation of just £17 each), Witterick then went on to greater success with a new Crowdfunding appeal for his local social club. The donations were much more generous (average of £64 each).

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/studland-social-club
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Bungle wrote:And the way to make sure that Tuco does not derail yet another thread is to IGNORE HIM.
Amen.

Too bad it must be enforced.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume