The goodf members are jumping ship

https://plus.google.com/communities/115 ... 1908231841

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Post by letissier14 »

True to form and showing no transparency at all, Colon is busy deleting posts over on goodf, which are about him and his sell out. And still not a word from him on how much he knows or how much he got paid. Take from that what you will.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

letissier14 wrote:True to form and showing no transparency at all, Colon is busy deleting posts over on goodf, which are about him and his sell out. And still not a word from him on how much he knows or how much he got paid. Take from that what you will.
One hopes before Colon consigns them to cyber history someone else consigns them to their "screenshot" folder.

Pure conjecture but i reckon the pony tailed one has milked the cash cow and is off into the sunset. The natives he leaves behind are going to want an explanation.............
https://youtu.be/gACCCmFKP80
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

notorial dissent wrote:You just don't spend money on a mailing list of people who have no money, are incredibly cheap, and spend their lives trying to get out of paying for things. It just defies reason.
Unless you're a downmarket debt elimination company. Then it makes perfect sense. "Cheap, no money, and trying to get out of paying for things" is your ideal customer. (And let's add "gullible" to that.)

Awhile back, you and I had a discussion about Peter of England's customer list. We agreed that a qualified, up-to-date list of galaxy-class morons would be valuable to marketers. I think that's exactly what's happened here. Whoever bought GOODF probably just wanted their list of members. Mergers and acquisitions happen for this reason all the time. The website isn't worth squat, but a list of potential customers so perfectly suited to their product, and a preexisting platform for reaching them, certainly has value.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/jon-witterick

Why was Jon Witterick a contributor for the Gaurdian I wonder?

The members of GOODF should take heed that their loving "founder" was a member of the mainstream media.

The anti-establishment idiots should take note of that.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

[Jon Witterick] is currently working on launching Debt Free TV - an online television channel.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

JimUk1 wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/profile/jon-witterick

The members of GOODF should take heed that their loving "founder" was a member of the mainstream media.

It was when the Guardian ran a feature called "Comment is Free", it led to a lot of people who really shouldn't be given attention, getting attention. The most famous example was "Commonly known as Dom", or Dominic Lohan, who was given space during the Occupy protest at St. Pauls.

Witterick wasn't really a contributor, in that he was unlikely to be paid and as far as I am aware only wrote one column which was debunked.
Warning may contain traces of nut
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

PeanutGallery wrote:
JimUk1 wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/profile/jon-witterick

It was when the Guardian ran a feature called "Comment is Free", it led to a lot of people who really shouldn't be given attention, getting attention. The most famous example was "Commonly known as Dom", or Dominic Lohan, who was given space during the Occupy protest at St. Pauls.

Witterick wasn't really a contributor, in that he was unlikely to be paid and as far as I am aware only wrote one column which was debunked.
Ah, the refuge of the liberal without a clue. I remember the OL.

It certainly makes me wonder tho Peanut Gallery, who decided to give him a platform to spout this utter tosh?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Colon is busy playing the victim in all this.. posting that he has been trying to contact the new owners about the missing freeman threads.

However, as demonstrated today Colon still has full moderator control of the forum as he has also been busy deleting posts and threads that speak out against him.

He has deceived all of the members of GOODF about the sale and the fund raising. Yet those idiots are still acting like he is a hero
getoutofdebtfools
Pirate
Pirate

Post by getoutofdebtfools »

When logging in to GOODF there is a tab next to My Details which says My Debt. Has this always been there or is it a new addition by the IVA touting owners?

The fields to complete are:

Amount of Debt:
Amount of Creditors:
Primary source of debt:
Employment Status:
Home Owner:
SUBMIT

Quality info for the new owners I guess. The misselling of IVAs and Debt Management Plans is rife in my opinion.
Oh the irony of the Get Out Of Debt Free website :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now owned by a debt management company :brickwall: Bye bye Ceylon :haha:
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

It wasn't there when I was a member.
Pox

Post by Pox »

getoutofdebtfools wrote:When logging in to GOODF there is a tab next to My Details which says My Debt. Has this always been there or is it a new addition by the IVA touting owners?

The fields to complete are:

Amount of Debt:
Amount of Creditors:
Primary source of debt:
Employment Status:
Home Owner:
SUBMIT

Quality info for the new owners I guess. The misselling of IVAs and Debt Management Plans is rife in my opinion.
Definitely new - or less than 6 months old, to be more precise :wink:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

TheNewSaint wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:You just don't spend money on a mailing list of people who have no money, are incredibly cheap, and spend their lives trying to get out of paying for things. It just defies reason.
Unless you're a downmarket debt elimination company. Then it makes perfect sense. "Cheap, no money, and trying to get out of paying for things" is your ideal customer. (And let's add "gullible" to that.)

Awhile back, you and I had a discussion about Peter of England's customer list. We agreed that a qualified, up-to-date list of galaxy-class morons would be valuable to marketers. I think that's exactly what's happened here. Whoever bought GOODF probably just wanted their list of members. Mergers and acquisitions happen for this reason all the time. The website isn't worth squat, but a list of potential customers so perfectly suited to their product, and a preexisting platform for reaching them, certainly has value.
Quite true, PoE's sucker list would be valuable, at least in the short term, and for all the reasons we discussed.

I can also see that it does look like that is what the "new owners" seem to think they are doing. With the new set up questions that becomes painfully obvious, except probably to the inmates, although I do think many of them have tumbled to it inadvertently or otherwise. The difference, as I see it, is that PoE's sucker list at least had a bit of spare cash to blow on some silly bobble, PoE, but my impression, maybe mistaken, is that the majority of the Goofy's are stone broke, if not actually bankrupt, layabouts(some not all) who don't and won't pay for anything and are perpetually trying to get out of paying anything and everything they do owe. At this point their lives would seem to revolve around trying to get out of paying for their utilities, their council tax, TV license, and their car licensing and insurance assuming they still have one, as well as the odd ticket they inevitably collect. Doesn't speak of much of a life, or of much of the old ready as they say. This does not speak of a demographic that could or would pay for debt counseling. If they wouldn't pay for a lawyer to help them when they were made bankrupt, why would they do so now?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

In my view, this isn't the end of GOODF or Ceylon.

The new owners bought the site in November, but haven't bothered to remove static information that is clearly wrong and likely to create more trouble, such as the copyright nonsense.

Nor have they bothered about the incorrect legal advice given on the forums.

And why would they? To them, Ceylon and Tiggy and the rest are useful idiots who give false hope. This draws suckers in. When the bad advice fails, some suckers will turn to more conventional "solutions" (I use the word loosely). Spend £10 to get out of a £100 debt? Spend £1000 to get out of a £10,000 debt? I'm sure some will be successfully tempted.

I should add: some GOOFies spend hundreds of pounds on applications to courts to tell debtors to go away. Some can do this for free, but some do pay.
longdog

Post by longdog »

littleFred wrote:
Nor have they bothered about the incorrect legal advice given on the forums.
Which is pretty much every single thread.

They could delete the whole of the A4V, copyright and promissory note sections wholesale if they were interested in giving only good advice as all three are based on theories that are unadulterated bullshit from start to finish. The fact that they haven't completely eviscerated the forum and purged it of not just bad, but catastrophically insane advice speaks volumes.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

notorial dissent wrote:The difference, as I see it, is that PoE's sucker list at least had a bit of spare cash to blow on some silly bobble, PoE, but my impression, maybe mistaken, is that the majority of the Goofy's are stone broke.
As I see it, the key difference between GOODF customers and WeRe Bank customers is their level of commitment. It's one thing to join a website, pay a few pounds, download some files, maybe even submit them in a minor court proceeding. WeRe Bank customers had to fork over a promissory note for 150,000 GBP. Anyone stupid enough to join WeRe Bank is a prime target for a better-constructed scam that is equally financially devastating.
notorial dissent wrote:At this point their lives would seem to revolve around trying to get out of paying for their utilities, their council tax, TV license, and their car licensing and insurance assuming they still have one, as well as the odd ticket they inevitably collect.
This is an excellent point. GOODF members aren't just trying to get out of existing debt, they're trying to avoid paying their ongoing responsibilities in life. No debt management plan can help them with that.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Even Faljay has been kept in the dark.
Re: SITE OWNERSHIP
Unread postby Faljay » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi All,

First of all as a moderator I was disappointed not to be informed the site was being sold, let alone when, and the first I knew of it was about a week ago.

That said, and only speaking for myself, I have not been pressured to do anything differently. I have not been told to do this, that or the other and have just carried on as normal.

Again, speaking for myself only. I will continue to do what I have always done and that is help, advise and give support to all members, regardless of their status or standing in the GOODF community. And I also will continue to speak my mind about anything and everything that I feel important.

So to all members, we the moderators, as far as I know, are and will continue as before.

However, I would be interested to know what changes have been made and those that are intending to be made by the new owners, and as a moderator I think it can only be helpful for us to know what the future of the forum is and how it may/will change.

Take Care.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

The newbie gives Faljay a piece of his mind:

Re: SITE OWNERSHIP
Postby player2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Very sad that you knew a week ago but was obviously sworn to secrecy.

Very sad that you are willing to continue as NORMAL for the capitalist pigs and be a useful idiot......THIS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING GOODF STOOD FOR IN THE BEGINING.

Very sad that the expose by Jon in "Nature of the cage" was just made for propaganda.....it seems.

Very sad that just because you pretend to be free and loving that the gullible cant see you are an agent.

Very sad that money talks and bullshit walks.....that's the real nature of the cage.

Very sad that there are deleted posts from every topic on this website.

very sad that there are members so desperate to cling to that which is regular to them.....even though its a scam......see POE.

Very sad but hey

take care
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Bungle wrote:The newbie gives Faljay a piece of his mind:

Very sad that money talks and bullshit walks.....
Ah... the first tentative signs of self awareness. The money has talked so lets wait and see if the bullshit really does walk.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Bones

Post by Bones »

longdog wrote: The money has talked so lets wait and see if the bullshit really does walk.
Just checked and Colon is still posting, so sadly it has not walked and is still there :mouthshut: