That's just down the road from me!
Bones
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by Bones »

The Daily Mail has done a follow up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hbour.html

"She denied having sold the cottage to a firm run by relatives, adding: 'It's ridiculous that all this has happened over 12 poxy roof tiles. People commit suicide over things like this.'"
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

'It's ridiculous that all this has happened over 12 poxy roof tiles
agreed yet you couldn't be bothered to rectify the situation initially that has let it get this far.

so is subtly threatening suicide and it would be everyone elses fault? why put that line in there at all? seems a little over dramatic. and she doesn't address the fact the company addresses were her parent's nor does the reporter ask for some reason.
Bones

Post by Bones »

For some reason, it is now at the top of the page on the Daily Mail website

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Bones wrote:The Daily Mail has done a follow up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hbour.html

"She denied having sold the cottage to a firm run by relatives, adding: 'It's ridiculous that all this has happened over 12 poxy roof tiles. People commit suicide over things like this.'"
I suspect her professional registration may be imperilled if she continues to attract attention via such articles. Even in a despicable rag like the Daily UKIP.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The comments on the DM article brings out the best and worst of British society. But the story has gone mainstream and more balanced journos than the dross at the Daily Heil will be giving this a coat of looking at.

I noticed too the denial of sale to a relative (a barefaced lie on the facts) followed by a barely concealed threat to commit suicide.

Sadly this case is now in free fall for Ms Patel. She, her family and other fellow defendants (as we will inevitably be calling them in the near future) have set in train something that is going to end very badly.

The DM were using some stock photos as they've missed the tasteful Grade 2 fuck-you stone now blocking the doorway.

A more responsible outfit like the MEN should get a grip of this and report it properly to avoid speculation and ill-informed comment: as I've said this is perverse entertainment at the moment but unless the matter is nipped it has the potential to turn into tragedy.

Another footle-inspired slow motion car crash happening in a very public arena.

Are you watching Dave Ward?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

exiledscouser wrote:Are you watching Dave Ward?
No, should I? Don't recognise the name, so clue appreciated if interesting. Thanks
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Hercule Parrot wrote:No, should I? Don't recognise the name, so clue appreciated if interesting. Thanks
The Baron David 'Dave' Ward HP, The Baron.

He's the brains behind this latest ruse apparently, he made a short-lived guest appearance as MD of one of the corporate vehicles used to sell on Casa Patel (Land and Property Protection Alliance Ltd) and must therefore share responsibility when this all goes tits up.

Land & PPA Ltd, incorporated 14th November 2016 passed into the ownership of a Mr. Patel of Stalybridge on the 29th of that month. The latter chap is in his mid 70s. so he's either a dad who had kids late in life or Ms Patel's grandfather. Which given the later use of "Tunkashila" might explain the situation.

One thing is certain, no guru ever in the history of Sov-Cit/Footle lunacy has taken responsibility for their advocacy and schemes when it blows up in the faces of those foolish enough to take their advice.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Interestingly a company called 'Rekha Patel Ltd' Care Of Patel Cottage, Simmondley Village, Glossop, United Kingdom, SK13 6LS was registered on 21 November 2016.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/1048 ... house-data
Bones

Post by Bones »

John Uskglass wrote:Interestingly a company called 'Rekha Patel Ltd' Care Of Patel Cottage, Simmondley Village, Glossop, United Kingdom, SK13 6LS was registered on 21 November 2016.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/1048 ... house-data
Very interesting that on the day it was registered, the appointment of the sole director was terminated
21 Nov 2016 Termination of appointment of Peter Anthony Valaitis as a director on 21 November 2016

Check out Mr Valaitis's history (date he became director of each company and the date he resigned) of 938 different companies

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi ... pointments
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Welcome to Q, John Uskglass. Good spot!

This would be a standard company formation agent, so I wouldn't read anything into the first director. But why does she want a company? What does she intend doing with it?
Bones

Post by Bones »

littleFred wrote:Welcome to Q, John Uskglass. Good spot!

This would be a standard company formation agent, so I wouldn't read anything into the first director. But why does she want a company? What does she intend doing with it?
It is a little strange that (I have only checked a random selection) he resigned as director on the same day each company was formed and no new directors have been appointed. He is also not recorded as ever being a director, of the three companies involved in the two sales of the cottage.

Thinking about it, I suppose they could have been set up as dormant companies for future use
Bones

Post by Bones »

Over on EFOTB she has put out a rally cry to the troops to make posts to support her and I presume deflect away from the truth

Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

The Daily Truth's report is poor journalism at best. Not only is the photo old (from last June), it omits the following (most of which is publicly available - sorry, I haven't worked out how to embed links on this forum):

1) It wasn't just about the thackstones, rare 250+ year-old features, not least because she ignored all the advice of local conservation officers & that given to her in the TV programme which included her purchase. This is a nearly 300 year-old Grade II listed property in a conservation area and should have been treated with respect. The change of the property's name does, IMHO, compound this indifference to due process. I have friends who bought a listed house and who spent considerable time & effort ensuring that they complied with their planning consent;

2) No notice of the original & intended works (her planning application dated 2011 was retrospective) was given to her neighbour, as she was legally required to do. The party wall was damaged when the cottage's floor was dug up to install underfloor heating. Given the age of the properties, there are no foundations in the current sense. The resulting crack requires monitoring for at least another 12 months;

3) Most of the outstanding GBP72,000 & rising debt was incurred by her repeated attempts to overturn the original court ruling that she was at fault. Ms Patel represented herself & employed barristers directly; she lost all the cases;

4) She defied the writ of possession, dated April 2016, by breaking back into the cottage last July; that makes her a squatter & in contempt of court;

5) The charges on the property aren't going to vanish; as others have said, the conveyances & transfers to limited companies are suspect and probably fraudulent. The first one may not, strictly, have been to friends and family, given the timeline of changes to director appointments / resignations, but that's beside the point.

As regards Rekha Patel Ltd, this currently has no directors, given that the company formation agent appointee has resigned. There needs, I believe, to be at least one for a company to be viable.

I see that the case has been referred to the Chancery Division for a ruling; no idea of the date for that. It'll be interesting to see if Ms Patel appears on the day. As she now believes that she's a tenant, she might think that she doesn't have to...
Last edited by Wakeman52 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Wakeman 54: Brilliant synopsis. What a pity the Daily Fail and the Sun online couldn't have written a factual report like this. Instead, they have lifted the story and pictures from various summer 2016 M.E.N, Youtube sources, and added a couple of new phone quotes from Rekha Patel without bothering to check the Land Registry, Companies House, the neighbour's side of the story, the police, the council and all the other parties. What happened to good old fashioned journalism?
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
longdog

Post by longdog »

He Who Knows wrote:What happened to good old fashioned journalism?
The Daily Heil and The Scum have never employed journalists worthy of the title.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Bones wrote:

It is a little strange that (I have only checked a random selection) he resigned as director on the same day each company was formed and no new directors have been appointed. He is also not recorded as ever being a director, of the three companies involved in the two sales of the cottage.

Thinking about it, I suppose they could have been set up as dormant companies for future use
reading posts like these reminds me of the scam thread that just recently started here about becoming company directors for no reason. perhaps this is the reason.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Wakeman52 wrote:I see that the case has been referred to the Chancery Division for a ruling
That can't be good news for Miss Patel.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Selling the house for £2 will have tax implications. Firstly, there would be no stamp duty paid on a £2 purchase but if the house was sold for its market value the stamp duty payable by the purchaser is as follows:

Source HMRC :
Freehold sales and transfers

Up to £125,000 Zero
The next £125,000 (the portion from £125,001 to £250,000) 2%
The next £675,000 (the portion from £250,001 to £925,000) 5%
The next £575,000 (the portion from £925,001 to £1.5 million) 10%
The remaining amount (the portion above £1.5 million) 12%

So, HMRC may get interested in whether this is an attempt to pay no Stamp Duty.

Also, by purchasing a property at £2 leaves the new buyer liable for a huge capital gain tax in the future when it is sold. Certainly much more than the Stamp Duty they have saved. I can see HMRC crawling all over this, especially as Miss Patel has spread this all over the national media. Smart Move, Lady.
getoutofdebtfools
Pirate
Pirate

Post by getoutofdebtfools »

Bones wrote:

He's clearly running a company formation service. Nothing illegal there. Essentially for a fixed price he'll set it up at Companies House and there are usually various options like registering for VAT and setting up Bank Accounts.

Here's one: https://www.theformationscompany.com/

EDIT: Just realised Bones covered that above :brickwall: :oops:
Oh the irony of the Get Out Of Debt Free website :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now owned by a debt management company :brickwall: Bye bye Ceylon :haha: