Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Guy Taylor - The Magna Carta Man of the UK

Post by notorial dissent »

It was put on the market, I don't know that it ever sold with the caveats on it. I certainly wouldn't want to buy a piece of property with possibly unexploded or unlocated bombs on it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

The Brown compound also had gigantic amounts of unpaid back taxes, which the town had shown no willingness to forgive. I wonder if this was to ensure that no one ever buys it, as the town can't possibly vouch for what might be in there.

They should sell the Brown property to one of those insufferable HGTV fixer-upper shows. "Using part of the Hipster Family's $125,000 remodeling budget, we'll remove this wall here and *kaboom*
notorial dissent

As I understand it, the parcel was originally valued fairly highly. There are numerous problems with the property. There is a huge unforgiven tax bill sitting against it that the county appears unwilling to forgive. There is possibly some/a lot/none unexploded and unlocated ordinance/bombs/boobytraps all over the property/in the house. The house itself is of dubious safety simply because Ed built it without benefit of following any of the rules or codes, so safety there would be a major and serious, possibly life threatening, concern. The only practical and safe approach would be to simply bulldoze the entire plot and start over, and then there would still be the tax bill on top of what the demo would cost. So no bargain really at any price, including free.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Arthur Rubin wrote:I was thinking of Ed Brown (or Ed: Brown;), but that's not right. His house was seized by the IRS around 2007, but only shown to prospective buyers in 2015 because of the booby-traps (not Jessica Rabbit's)....
Those were the good old days, when violent insurrectionists were dealt with firmly. A sad comparison to how the Bundyistas have been allowed to carry on. Brief details from wikipedia -

Elaine Brown was sentenced to 35 years, and Edward Brown was sentenced to 37 years.

Danny Riley was sentenced to 36 years, after having been convicted of helping to supply the Browns, and of stockpiling weapons and threatening law enforcement officials. Also convicted in other trials were Jason Gerhard (sentenced to twenty years ), Cirino Gonzalez (sentenced to eight years), and Robert Wolffe (sentenced to two and a half years).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_and_Elaine_Brown
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The Brown property sold - it was covered in this thread.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

I thought the last I'd heard they'd backed out of it upon reflection.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Ok, I would love to see some info on that, since I was quite surprised when someone bid on the property. In my experience, property with all the stigma and encumbrances would not be something that anyone would want to buy. My thought was that the city or county would have to come in and foreclose on their superpriority tax liens and sell it at auction, which would effectively wipe out all of the creditors - unless one of the lenders on the property stepped in to protect their note.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I have an update. In July 2016, the person who bought the properties at auction re-listed them for sale:

http://www.vnews.com/Former-Brown-prope ... in-3514208

I put full details into the Ed and Elaine Brown's property sold at auction thread, since it made more sense there. The short version is:
  • James Hollander, the buyer listed at the auction) went through with the purchase, and held the two properties for 9 months before re-listing.
  • The compound is believed to be safe now, as "federal agents appear to have removed any of the explosives."
  • The compound is in better condition than we speculated, calling it merely "unfinished."
  • Apparently someone else has bought the dental office, or was about to at the time of the story.
  • The town of Plainfield still wants its back taxes. The IRS paid only 31,000 of the 200,000 owed, claiming the rest was spent maintaining the property. The town disputes this, and is pursuing litigation.
notorial dissent

I can't imagine the legal ramifications of trying to sell something like that. It is one thing if you don't know about the issues and another entirely when you do. I just can't imagine that you could warrant the property as safe or habitable, and I would bet getting financing would be a stone cold b****. The gov't sold it as is, no warranties, as I recall, and as I remember they made no bones about the possibility of still unfound remaining explosives. I don't know what the law is there, but around here it is pretty stringent.
mac
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by mac »

Its all gone a bit quiet with Guy, his facebook page just repeats newspaper stuff that he is interested in, but which we can read anyway
Is he in clink, hiding, or has his stuff he learnt in jail been exhausted now
Anyone know his whereabouts
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

Can only go by recent pictures and suggest that maybe ill health, has kept him away from the Speakers Circuit.

Wishing Guy well and good health. He has been missed
Wanna balloon?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1pIPCVzs8o

This was published on March 16th 2017 by lawfulrebellion2012 and is possibly a repost from 2015. It shows bailiff and police at the country place featured in another video of a huge mass anti-bailiff mob scene, this time they are after a car and are bravely resisted by Guy Taylor and Leigh (Ravenscroft? he's a long way from home). Althpugh they talk about the triumph at the end, they mention that the police allowed the bailiff onto the land (not videoed) to see the car, I assume. I have a suspiction that it may have been not worth collecting.

So this is just a bit of a memory lane post.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

According to Danny Bamping, Guy Taylor has passed away.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... &source=48

RIP.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

He wasn't looking to well a few months back. I think it was a topic of conversation. Sad if true. He was a "Special" character.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

When I saw this thread bumped after so long I suspected this was the news. He didn't look well at all in one of his last videos over a year ago.

RIP indeed.

Some respectful FB comments so far. How long before the conspiracy theories start? Remember Patrick Cullinane's passing?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Time wounds all heels....

In this case, mortally.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

I've heard the same from a different source. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I received information some time back that he may have serious health issues but I wasn't going to speculate about it. This news isn't therefore the complete surprise it might be to some others. We haven't heard much from him because he did step back from his activities because of this illness.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

Inky Taylor? Dead? How long will it take me to get over this tragic news?...

So... What's everybody having for tea?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

My condolences to those who cared about him. An intense and clearly quite proud man who’s obstinacy and bitterness may well have contributed to his untimely death.

We all, after all, are here for a good time - not a long time.

RIP.