Marcel Bessette - The Peace Maker Society

Moderator: Burnaby49

Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Re: Marcel Bessette - The Peace Maker Society

Post by Tuba Cain »

Seems like a pleasant, even minded sort of a chap.

ETA: why is he wandering around giving $20 bills to kids? Seems like an odd way to make money; or, is this how one makes "alternative profits"?
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

"Now free to attend." "Email questions ($250-$2000 plus per email)" Wow! That's what he calls free! I'm wondering how he decides it's a $250 or a $2000 question.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Been a while since we've heard from Marcel. Lurking around lemonade stands is a weird direction for him to take although it was pretty certain that any direction he took would be weird. Just didn't expect children's lemonade stand weird.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote:Just didn't expect children's lemonade stand weird.
But of course. You surely recognize that lemonade stands are the last line of freedom for the sovrun man. Once the government gets their claws into the childrens' stands, it's game over.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Chaos »

kinda seeing why most sovruns have cps issues
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Chaos wrote:kinda seeing why most sovruns have cps issues
Felony possession of a firearm and previous interactions with CPS are "de rigueur".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Marcel's just a peace loving innocent wanting to spread happiness and good feelings. At least we get a picture of him;

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4073154
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

He even has a cat. How sweet! He just wants kids to pursue their dreams and become entrepreneurs who don't pay their taxes. :sarcastic:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

coffeekitten wrote:He even has a cat. How sweet! He just wants kids to pursue their dreams and become entrepreneurs who don't pay their taxes. :sarcastic:
Men with cats on their lap are never evil...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Sometimes, they're just kind of evil...more of a joke really.

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Hmmm. Three Bald men with Cats on their lap, wonder what else they may have in common :haha:

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

You mean besides the general creep factor???
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

So, goofball gives a bunch of kids money in what I'm going to assume was a ploy for attention. A successful one, at that.

Problem is, now the cops would like a word. We all know how well folks of this ilk get along with law enforcement.

Anyone want to give odds on whether he can turn this whole situation into actual jail time?
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I know it may be unPC or whatever of me and all, but if some strange, and strange looking, man gave my kids money, a lot of money from the sounds of it, I would be more than just a little concerned and suspicious, and I would probably have called the cops as well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Didn't I hear a pink Beaver say something about Canada taking very seriously, the promotion of de-taxing programs. Is Mr. Bessette coming closer here with this hanging out of cards, and the publicity of this article? I wasn't too say this course of action is beset with danger, but I won't.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

To start, the De-Taxers are dead. This was a cough, cough, movement in the 90's and early 2000s trying to find ways to avoid paying tax through inventive interpretation of the Income Tax Act and other legislation. They actually cooperated with each other. They had a website that served as a central clearing house for news and the discussion of ideas. They'd post their ideas, current projects, and failures there and they were candid about it. They'd analyzed why they failed but when something didn't work they moved on. When it became obvious that the CRA was aggressively targeting them and that they'd run out of ideas in any case most moved on.

What they were promoting was not tax evasion but tax avoidance. As a very generalized description evasion is where you hide your income from the CRA and avoidance is where you declare your income but try various schemes to avoid paying tax on it. The Poriskyites hid (or at least deliberately did not declare) their income which made it evasion.

So while we have, and will always have, tax gurus like Porisky or others flogging miracle ways to avoid tax they aren't De-Taxers, just opportunists with ideas for sale.

As far as Bessette goes he seems to be trying to promote way more than just tax schemes;
- You will now claim personal rights in law & legality so you can use both at once.

- You now get you or anyone, out of any legal debt you wish.

- You now use privacy so no strangers, including government, know what assets you have,
where you live, what you make.

- You now earn a non-taxable living. No More Income Tax.

- You will now be able to charge people money who violate you.

- You know to lien property on those who owe you money.

- You know to reserve All Rights in contracts in or out of legal system.

- You know how money, law, rights & healthy community work.

- You know how to prove fraud or validity in any contract.

- You know how to use banking administrative process, to defuse all legal debt.

- You gain access to The Unincorporated Economy. Visit website link for full details.
https://www.allrightsreserveduniversity.org/

However I doubt the CRA is paying a lot of attention. He's obviously just a loner on the fringes without any paid following. Porisky got stomped for two reasons, he promoted evasion rather than avoidance, and he'd built up a large, cross-Canada, formal, organized scheme with hundreds of paying customers. Bessette's just a loser with a website.

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Burnaby49 wrote:Bessette's just a loser with a website and a cat, so based on that, he will undoubtedly succeed in his evil plan to talk over Canada.
FIFY

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

NYGman wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:Bessette's just a loser with a website and a cat, so based on that, he will undoubtedly succeed in his evil plan to talk over Canada.
FIFY
Look, there are rules that have to be followed when you try to take over a country using a cat, even a small informal country like Canada. We're not cutting aspiring dictators any slack on this. If they want to take us over they have to do it right, we're worth at least a minimal effort. First off NO SMILING! AND A WHITE CAT! Mottled black and white cats don't get the job done. AND WEAR A GREY NEHRU JACKET! That's mandatory. Some goofy brown T-shirt and cutoffs just scream disinterest.

A throne-like chair isn't absolutely necessary but goes a long way towards showing the seriousness of your intent. It also helps to display yourself in a formal setting; it's not just chance that the examples shown are in large windowless rooms. So what's the best that Bessette has to offer? A spare bedroom (might even be his actual bedroom), a backyard view through a window, and a game he's playing displayed on his computer screen. Overall a shabby pathetic effort that's just an insult to Canadians. We deserve better than this. If you can't terrorize us don't bother wasting our time.

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

This is doing it right.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

An alternate approach but it works. Make Canada an offer we can't refuse.