Is this where Ex-Goofers have gone to play?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: Is this where Ex-Goofers have gone to play?

Post by littleFred »

There is a new logo: "GOOD" and "GET OUT OF DEBT" (no mention of "free").

And:
Important Message : the content in these forums is user generated and archived here for the benefit of the community. Please make your own decisions on the validity of any information on these boards, as with all forums and life itself there's good advice and bad advice. If you have issues with debt then please contact us via any of the links on this site.
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

I can still see the forum, up to 18th May, but reply and start new topic buttons gone.
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
Firthy2002
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Firthy2002 »

Yep forum is closed to new content, surprised they haven't just nuked it.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
katiHWB
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by katiHWB »

There's a banner at the top of the forum (https://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/index.php) that reads
Important Message : the content in these forums is user generated and archived here for the benefit of the community. Please make your own decisions on the validity of any information on these boards, as with all forums and life itself there's good advice and bad advice. If you have issues with debt then please contact us via any of the links on this site.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Meanwhile on the new Goofy, any guesses as to how long this member will be permitted to post common sense, in this case in among the expected gibberish advice on how to handle a speeding allegation ..
StrangerInAStrangeLand wrote:
assassin wrote wrote:
StrangerInAStrangeLand wrote:Whether you call it driving or travelling or proceeding in a certain direction is irrelevant. You were in charge of/operating a motor vehicle on a public road so you are bound by the Road Traffic Act. This "I wasn't driving" defence has a zero record of success in court. I think you also need to look up the meaning of "joinder". It doesn't mean what fmotl gurus on the web tell it means.
I think you need to look up the difference between driving and travelling, then understand the difference.
I am well aware of the difference. I also know fmotl type gurus play words games to convince their gullible followers that they can use motor vehicles(or automobiles, conveyances, ecclesiastical pursuit chariots etc) on a public road without a license, registration, tax or insurance. Problem is it has no effect when you get stopped by police. Just look at Dave Murphy, Ben Lowery etc etc who lost their vehicles (whatever they chose to call them).
Or perhaps you can cite one verifiable case where the "I'm not driving, I'm travelling" defence has ever worked. Just one, please.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Yes, citing results that show that the FOTL gibberish is not working is the quickest way of getting yourself banned from their website.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

The forum is complete. We've already had quack medicine, anti-vaccine, conspiracy theories, election rigging and chem trails, now you can add Flat Earth and Holocaust Denial.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

aesmith wrote:The forum is complete. We've already had quack medicine, anti-vaccine, conspiracy theories, election rigging and chem trails, now you can add Flat Earth and Holocaust Denial.
Not forgetting the London attacks false flag thread. Someone on there struggles with megabytes, kilobytes & so on...
I have recorded some BBC footage on my phone of possibly some of the worst crisis actors ever seen after the "terrorist incident" in Manchester. I would love to share it to see what everyone else thinks but when I try and upload it I get a message ..... Uploaded file is not valid: exceeded attachment maxsize (1000kB)

Any ideas anybody? It's a 160Mb file on mp4.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I have recorded some BBC footage on my phone of possibly some of the worst crisis actors ever seen after the "terrorist incident" in Manchester. I would love to share it to see what everyone else thinks but when I try and upload it I get a message ..... Uploaded file is not valid: exceeded attachment maxsize (1000kB)

Any ideas anybody? It's a 160Mb file on mp4.
Hopefully he'll mix his own medications too so should be good for a Darwin Award.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AiusLocutius
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by AiusLocutius »

aesmith wrote:The forum is complete. We've already had quack medicine, anti-vaccine, conspiracy theories, election rigging and chem trails, now you can add Flat Earth and Holocaust Denial.
Well I'm still waiting for Cylon to bang on about the benefits of drinking urine.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I don't think we've had any disciples of Velikovsky or Von Daniken.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I thought there was a Velikovsky follower here, in the deleted potpourri section.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

The ex-goofer site is strangely quiet about the Chrisy Morris show and the resulting fallout.
Wanna balloon?
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

This one's hilarious . His "friend" gets caught by Siemens for using pirated software in his company. They want him to cough up damages or buy a licenced copy. Wants to try the 3 letters :shock:

http://goodf.forumotion.com/t568-siemen ... eeded#3782
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

That dummy is in a world of hurt whether he's figured it out yet or not. Siemen's doesn't fool around, an they have him dead to right. That kind of software has a call home function to check for updates and things, and it also registers with the company servers for where it is, and when it shows up some place it isn't registered, it sends back all sorts of useful information for the company to track it. That type of VERY expensive software is usually registered/licensed to specific machine or network depending on the license you buy. Not having one is stupid and can get real expensive real fast.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

MaritalArtist wrote:This one's hilarious . His "friend" gets caught by Siemens for using pirated software in his company. They want him to cough up damages or buy a licenced copy. Wants to try the 3 letters :shock:

I think they are being very reasonable by offering to sell them a legitimate licence at market price. If they use the software for their business, then they should pay for it. They are using it to make a profit, but are denying profit to the company that developed the software they have been using for at least 6 months. I would say that is sufficient time to try out the software, and ensure it is fit for purpose. In Fact, Siemens offer a 45 day free trail for just that purpose.

So I hope they pay up, although it will be much more entertaining to watch them lose in court.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

MaritalArtist wrote:This one's hilarious . His "friend" gets caught by Siemens for using pirated software in his company. They want him to cough up damages or buy a licenced copy. Wants to try the 3 letters :shock:

Using cracked pirated software? Sounds like when I worked for British Aerospace again! Lol just an old joke.

Siemens are being very very reasonable, and as it has a reputation to uphold it was probably wise he/she didn't blab about it, but like all good friends they just want to show off how little they know about the world and are probably setting them on the path to the sack.

Usually businesses use a matrix to decide if an employee made a decision for the good of the business in a semi-deliberate violation or outright viloted law/policy for personal gain. Sounds like he did it for the good of the company and they recognised it, he's should just apologise and pay for the software.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yes, I think Siemen's is being incredibly reasonable. It really wasn't a smart move using pirated software to begin with and now they are really going to pay for it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

IANAL, but this looks like bs to me. Guy claiming a young woman went to the doctor, her mum disclosed she binge drinks at weekends. GP contacts DVLA and gets her licence revoked for 6 months. I know doctors have a duty to disclose confidential info to other agencies where it represents a threat to public health but is this even possible??

http://goodf.forumotion.com/t620-licence-revoked#4109
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

It would appear so, but I doubt if we're being told the whole story here.

http://www.motorists-lawyer.co.uk/conte ... ation.rhtm