The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicorn

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Crawfords Keep Looking For A Unicorn

Post by Hercule Parrot »

I wonder if any glimmering of reflection has yet touched TC's mind, as he sees nostalgic pictures of the home and life he once had? Does he remember posing for this photo, in happier times? Back when he owned a small but homely bungalow with a bit of garden and a garage, and he owed the bank a mere £40,000?

Does he perhaps regret not reaching a sensible settlement with B&B? Accepting a charge against the eventual value of the house, or selling his £140,000 house and buying a £100,000 home outright? Inviting his wealthy internet tycoon son to purchase a half-share of the property, as a tax-free investment? So many ways this could have been resolved.

Or, does he sit now with quiet pride, remembering the lengthy court battles and legal bills, how scores of bailiffs had to make repeat visits to evict him, and especially that the cost of all this was recovered from the sale of his home? Does it please him to have burned £100,000 in a Götterdämmerung of petulance, winning his place in the pantheon of stupid old men?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:I wonder if any glimmering of reflection has yet touched TC's mind, as he sees nostalgic pictures of the home and life he once had? Does he remember posing for this photo, in happier times? Back when he owned a small but homely bungalow with a bit of garden and a garage, and he owed the bank a mere £40,000?

Does he perhaps regret not reaching a sensible settlement with B&B? Accepting a charge against the eventual value of the house, or selling his £140,000 house and buying a £100,000 home outright? Inviting his wealthy internet tycoon son to purchase a half-share of the property, as a tax-free investment? So many ways this could have been resolved.

Or, does he sit now with quiet pride, remembering the lengthy court battles and legal bills, how scores of bailiffs had to make repeat visits to evict him, and especially that the cost of all this was recovered from the sale of his home? Does it please him to have burned £100,000 in a Götterdämmerung of petulance, winning his place in the pantheon of stupid old men?
You are forgetting 'money' is a tool of the oppressive.

So I'm sure when Craig (and co) has no equity in a few years time (not that I wish Tom Ill will) he will soon find that he was completely wrong, and that the average worker does get a bit of reward later in life, he will repent.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Or, does he sit now with quiet pride, remembering the lengthy court battles and legal bills, how scores of bailiffs had to make repeat visits to evict him, and especially that the cost of all this was recovered from the sale of his home
Or as it is more commonly known, the "it-wasn't-the-money-but-the-principle-of-the-thing" rationalization.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

The Observer wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:Or, does he sit now with quiet pride, remembering the lengthy court battles and legal bills, how scores of bailiffs had to make repeat visits to evict him, and especially that the cost of all this was recovered from the sale of his home
Or as it is more commonly known, the "it-wasn't-the-money-but-the-principle-of-the-thing" rationalization.
Or simply - cut off your nose to spite your face!
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

Didn't he also turn down the offer of crowdfunding from his supporters? At the peak of his popularity, before the facts became known, he may well have raised the £40k, or at least a hefty chunk of it.
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Hercule Parrot wrote:I wonder if any glimmering of reflection has yet touched TC's mind, as he sees nostalgic pictures of the home and life he once had?
No. he's far too dim even to remember he stopped paying the mortgage and that he received the "Unicorn" !!!1!!!!.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

JimUk1 wrote:So I'm sure when Craig (and co) has no equity in a few years time (not that I wish Tom Ill will) he will soon find that he was completely wrong, and that the average worker does get a bit of reward later in life, he will repent.
I don't wish Tom ill will either, but it's obvious that this battle has taken its toll. He looks much younger and healthier in that picture than he does now. I remember so many Amanda posts to the effect of "dad's really been researching his case hard, and is going to stick it to them in court tomorrow," only to be summarily swatted away time after time. I can't help but picture ol' Tom late at night by candlelight, poring through legal concepts he doesn't understand, and wouldn't matter to his case even if he did.

And some people are just too stupid to understand concepts like lost equity. At no point did anyone in the family demonstrate any understanding of what was at risk. Craig and Amanda seem to have inherited their father's ignorant, short-sighted, pig-headed personality. I doubt it will ever dawn on them what this misadventure cost them.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
aesmith wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:As for Amanda, I too think it is quite likely she hasn't a clue about mortgages and at best is going on the paid three times the amount borrowed bullshit Tom came out with at one point.
I agree, I think it's a figure someone plucked out of the air that's now being parroted as gospel. To pay three times the capital in 25 years would mean an average interest rate of 12%.
I was practicing law, in the early 80s, when an interest rate of 12% would have seemed cheap. I remember going over settlement sheets for real estate closings with clients; and they would often ask why their interest payments, over the term of the mortgage, were many times the principal amount being borrowed. I would explain that those interest payments added up; and were they not paying almost all interest, in their earliest mortgage payments, that figure would be even higher.
I think I'm in the unfortunate position of being able to "boast" of paying the highest interest rate of all of you. When my mortgage was renewed in the early 80's I was quoted a 21% interest rate. I actually made an arrangement with the creditor to have a series of one-month mortgages for the next six months. Every month I'd pay a fee for a new mortgage and it would be set at the then-current rate. I did this because I couldn't see interest rates getting any higher, the economy would collapse. If rates didn't drop nobody would be able to pay their debts. So I didn't want to lock in at rates I didn't think would be sustained. In six months they were well down and I went back to a regular mortgage.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Burnaby49 wrote:I think I'm in the unfortunate position of being able to "boast" of paying the highest interest rate of all of you. When my mortgage was renewed in the early 80's I was quoted a 21% interest rate. I actually made an arrangement with the creditor to have a series of one-month mortgages for the next six months. Every month I'd pay a fee for a new mortgage and it would be set at the then-current rate. I did this because I couldn't see interest rates getting any higher, the economy would collapse. If rates didn't drop nobody would be able to pay their debts. So I didn't want to lock in at rates I didn't think would be sustained. In six months they were well down and I went back to a regular mortgage.
We love your stories about life in the Weimar Republic, grandad....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:I think I'm in the unfortunate position of being able to "boast" of paying the highest interest rate of all of you. When my mortgage was renewed in the early 80's I was quoted a 21% interest rate. I actually made an arrangement with the creditor to have a series of one-month mortgages for the next six months. Every month I'd pay a fee for a new mortgage and it would be set at the then-current rate. I did this because I couldn't see interest rates getting any higher, the economy would collapse. If rates didn't drop nobody would be able to pay their debts. So I didn't want to lock in at rates I didn't think would be sustained. In six months they were well down and I went back to a regular mortgage.
We love your stories about life in the Weimar Republic, grandad....
Ol' grandad is attending the 50th anniversary of his high school graduation next week. There's been some attrition since the 25th, including the girl I took to grad.

Have I ever told you about how, way back, tomatoes tasted like tomatoes and strawberries tasted like strwberries?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Did the snozberries taste like snozberries?
:Axe:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Tom is getting to the point that all he needs now is the 10/6 price ticket in his hat brim.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Just in case you were wondering if the delusions had gone away:
https://www.facebook.com/craig.crawford ... 4726468375

-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

It's been two weeks since the trial of Andy pears for his actions during the Crawford eviction, but he is being very quite about it. Has any news emerged yet
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

He is involved in 3 cases currently (ok Tom!) and will shortly be bringing these criminals to justice, prosecution of the cops and bailiffs blah blah.....basically the delusion is still strong many years in-

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3325821814
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

"Every month we edge closer to winning"
:haha: :haha: :haha:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

every month we edge closer to obscurity....
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:"Every month we edge closer to winning"
What, the Total Loser and Fool of the year award? I think he's already got that locked up.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:"Every month we edge closer to winning"
Pink Floyd - Time - The Dark Side of the Moon wrote:And one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time. Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines.

Hanging on in quiet desperation, is the English way. The time is gone, the song is over. Thought I'd something more to say
Just felt appropriate
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

NYGman wrote:
Pink Floyd - Time - The Dark Side of the Moon wrote:And one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time. Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines.

Hanging on in quiet desperation, is the English way. The time is gone, the song is over. Thought I'd something more to say
Just felt appropriate
Oh I love that album. Loading on my mp3 thing now, for the drive to work. Thank you!

(Animals is very relevant again, in the Trump era. I imagine you've seen the recent Roger Waters performance? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLBtMz5OuY )