Sean David Morton at sea

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Sean David Morton at sea

Post by notorial dissent »

Not only legally incompetent but it would seem grammatically as well. Definitely floating on deNial.

I just knew after their antics during trial that we hadn't seen the last of the sovrun jibber jabber, and was wondering what the holdup was, and now I've not been disappointed. :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Does this make the official over/under 121 months?

How much better is the wife going to be, did using a real lawyer do her case any good?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

I'm going to guess over, based on Popehat's comment that this particular judge is not the guy you want to leave at the altar. Or whatever the equivalent would be -- wedding:sentencing hearing::altar:?

Haven't seen a sentencing memo for Melissa, but I think having a lawyer probably helped her. She's a lot less likely to draw the 2-point contumacy enhancement, at least. And I *would* have said the DOJ was less likely to request immediate custody upon sentencing, except that she went and posted online that she was planning to move to Utah and posted a GoFundMe asking for funds to do that!

She seems to have more supporters than he does. I've been in the chat room for his show the last few days, hoping he'd call in. Not many people really standing up for him, but lots of people worried about her. She supposedly has health issues, including seizures. I feel terrible doubting her word on that, but you know, con artists. She seems to have been an active part of the business, but a more sympathetic one.

That's my best bet for how SDM plays this out. Claims a debilitating health issue, tries for sympathy. Maybe will try to capitalize on his wife's alleged conditions instead.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Gannibal wrote:That's my best bet for how SDM plays this out. Claims a debilitating health issue, tries for sympathy. Maybe will try to capitalize on his wife's alleged conditions instead.
I just can't see it gaining any traction with the judge, after failing to appear for sentencing.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Now we know why he thought the Supreme Court had exclusive jurisdiction over his case pre-sentencing. His "notice of removal" was just docketed. In fact it's stamped 6/19 at 10:57 am, so he was filing it as his hearing was supposed to commence. Gutsy! Could have run into an AUSA who recognized him as he was leaving.

The "notice of removal" reads, in its entirety:
Notice of removal to the Supreme Court, the case # 15-006611-SVW [SEAN DAVID MORTON] is removed to Supreme Court for US District Court Central California for constitutional blasphemy and void.

I do not understand and I do not agree.
"Constitutional blasphemy" is the name of my 2 Live Crew cover band!
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

The Observer wrote:
Gannibal wrote:That's my best bet for how SDM plays this out. Claims a debilitating health issue, tries for sympathy. Maybe will try to capitalize on his wife's alleged conditions instead.
I just can't see it gaining any traction with the judge, after failing to appear for sentencing.
Oh yeah, his best shot is to turn himself in to minimize the damage. Blogged about it here:
https://violentmetaphors.com/2017/06/23 ... -a-lawyer/.
notorial dissent

Gannibal wrote:Now we know why he thought the Supreme Court had exclusive jurisdiction over his case pre-sentencing. His "notice of removal" was just docketed. In fact it's stamped 6/19 at 10:57 am, so he was filing it as his hearing was supposed to commence. Gutsy! Could have run into an AUSA who recognized him as he was leaving.

The "notice of removal" reads, in its entirety:
Notice of removal to the Supreme Court, the case # 15-006611-SVW [SEAN DAVID MORTON] is removed to Supreme Court for US District Court Central California for constitutional blasphemy and void.

I do not understand and I do not agree.
"Constitutional blasphemy" is the name of my 2 Live Crew cover band!
I will assume in his own inept incompetent way he meant he was appealing to the 9th Circuit, since there is NO "Supreme Court for US District Court Central California". It would have been moot at any rate as not ripe for hearing, but it is just mainly moot for cray cray.

When he does end up back in front of the judge it won't be pretty.

Considering that they both are looking at possible sentences of 600 plus months I wouldn't say the attorney did the Mrs much good, or that she will get any favors at sentencing. And after this I'm not betting on either of them getting any.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

He really did mean the Supreme Court--he explained on the air, in his brief call from the road, that his case was in their hands. Specifically a single (unnamed) justice he thought would be sympathetic. And there's a delivery receipt of some kind attached to the notice that refers to the packet as an "application to individual Justice," again without a name. (Also he already tried appealing to CA9, and as you say got bounced for lack of jurisdiction.)

The focus on a particular justice makes me wonder if he's read somewhere about the Justices' circuit assignments. I think it would be Kennedy for CA9, though, and no idea why he'd think Kennedy would be sympathetic. (But it's not like any of them would be, so it's all just a mystery.)
notorial dissent

Much less that "he" could or would do something about a case that hasn't even been completed yet. I would love to see the sovrunidjit babble that he sent though, I'm betting it is chock full of crunchy goodness. I'm sure some clerk was having a good laugh before getting ready to return it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: I would love to see the sovrunidjit babble that he sent though, I'm betting it is chock full of crunchy goodness crazy gibberish.
There, FIFY.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

That too.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

This appears to be Morton's last interview before he vanished: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCnGmMq4m6E

Doesn't say anything new, more of the same sovcit gibberish, but you can see how much stress he's under. Guy's still borderline manic, but visibly frustrated, flustered, and worn down.
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

The latest on Sean David Morton:

http://www.dinardaily.net/t65635-where- ... -17#315939

Yeah, I know, Dinar Daily, but where else can you find fresh news on Sean David Morton?

Anyway, even his wife Melissa hasn't seen him, doesn't know where he is, and doesn't care. He apparently asked her to write him a "letter of recommendation", whatever good that would do coming from someone convicted in the same scheme. She has returned to her original home of Utah, which should make finding her pretty easy. The fill-in hosts for his internet radio show seem to think that Melissa is innocent, and that the Feds will try to use her as a pawn to get Sean to turn himself in. Even more ludicrously, they think Sean would turn himself in to save her from prison. They also think Sean is too stupid and narcissistic to stay hidden for long.

NOTE: The linked article says "Sean David Morton’s regularly scheduled radio show on 6-20-2017", but based on the date of the post and other details, I'm pretty sure this is a typo of 7-20-17.
notorial dissent

I'd have to agree with the "too stupid and narcissistic" description, but he is on the lam, running from his troubles, now how quickly he'll get caught is anyone's guess, he's already lasted longer than I thought he would. I just didn't think he was smart enough to stay out of sight that long or well, or maybe they know where he is and are just biding their time to get a few more idiots for the jail barge. I don't think wifey is going to get a pass, and I think she'll go down for as long and hard as he does, and even longer if they can prove she was in on the disappearance. Neither of them strike me as being all that bright to begin with.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Do we know for a fact that Melissa moved to Utah? I think that would violate the terms of her release.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gannibal wrote:Do we know for a fact that Melissa moved to Utah? I think that would violate the terms of her release.
The link says "apparently" and "wants to", so maybe, maybe not.

Plus, you know, Dinar Daily.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Is Sean still MIA?
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

As far as I can tell, yes. Honestly I'm kind of impressed--I didn't think he'd make it nearly this long as a fugitive. Although I doubt there's an active manhunt for him.

I hope he's not imposing on some friend and converting them into an accomplice.
notorial dissent

My personal suspicion is that he's couch surfing with someone even dumber than he is. I really don't t think he's smart enough to get very far.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

notorial dissent wrote:My personal suspicion is that he's couch surfing with someone even dumber than he is. I really don't t think he's smart enough to get very far.
Someone dumber than he is?

OK, I'm struggling to grasp that concept.....

:)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet