"practical lawful dissent" fmotl advisory group

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "practical lawful dissent" fmotl advisory group

Post by John Uskglass »

.the risky bit is that there are no courts of law to get remedy within if he breaches the agreement
So by their own admission, the whole thing is just another pointless farrago. With the added bonus that they've put this out in a public group, which R4 will presumably be mining for examples of their daftness....
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

I guess this will be on "You & Yours". It will go much the same way as Peter of England's appearance, they'll let them spout their shit, challenge them on some points, then we'll hear from an expert who will explain why it's a load of shit.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Mr Jenkins presents a series called 'Out of the Ordinary'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08hjysv
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

John Uskglass wrote:Mr Jenkins presents a series called 'Out of the Ordinary'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08hjysv
From the program description ("stories from out of left field") and tags ("pseudoscience", "internet culture") it doesn't seem like the show would be sympathetic to the likes of the A61-holes.

Which makes it puzzling that the producer supposedly signed this agreement to portray them in a positive light. And maybe my journalistic ethics are outdated and/or not applicable to the UK, but this agreement, if it exists, is troubling on many levels.
King Lud
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by King Lud »

TheNewSaint wrote:Which makes it puzzling that the producer supposedly signed this agreement to portray them in a positive light. And maybe my journalistic ethics are outdated and/or not applicable to the UK, but this agreement, if it exists, is troubling on many levels.
Or perhaps he knows it's just a worthless scrap of paper with idle threats and genuine frontier gibberish. Sign it to shut them up and crack on with the programme.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

To round off the content the R4 produced is off to Kent tomorrow to interview Crabby.

In the style of Dads Army, "do you think that's awfully wise Captain Robinson?"
longdog

Post by longdog »

It seems that yet again the 'powerless' council and the 'powerless' bailiffs have committed treason by seizing Roy Begg's goods and chattels. I assume the pictures of the wrists means he got himself cuffed by the cops who can't do anything because it's a civil matter too...

Yet another victory against the powerless powers that be... :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Yesterday myself, Danial Daniel Daykin and Pauline Robinson met with Jolyon Jenkins a radio producer for BBC radio 4.

After he had accepted and signed an agreement that we had drawn up...

it has been explained to Jolyon that if he does the same then the movement can and will take legal action against him, which may not involve a trial by jury (until a later date) but the seizure of properties and a citizens arrest for sedition (possibly)....sedition is a very serious crime indeed.

We as a movement would have no option but to direct our action against him personally and the BBC in general....
I'm not sure what to believe here. Really not likely that a BBC journo would sign something like this (or be permitted to do so by the management). Jenkins is either some kind of gonzo reporter out on the edge, or the PLD's are inventing this for some reason. Look at us, we've got media interest!

If it's true, it could be utterly hilarious. Inevitably one or another of them will find offence in some aspect of any programme he makes, and if they do then try and arrest him there might be a series in it. Jolyon Jenkins reporting on life as a fugitive, in a safe house with Salman Rushdie..... :haha: :haha:
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Judging from other episodes of Out Of The Ordinary, I seriously doubt Joylon Jenkins intends to write a fawning paean to the Article 61 movement. Or that he'd be intimidated by David Robinson and his pack of losers.

This episode about Liberland (an attempted micronation in disputed territory on the Croatia/Serbia border) might be a good gauge for what we can expect. Jenkins asks his subjects open-ended questions, then lets them make fools of themselves. Best moment (starting at 9:30): during the "presidential address", the new Roy of Sealand implores his supporters "if you are able, come down and visit Liberland." He said this from a boat, while he was being blocked from visiting Liberland. You can hear someone chuckle immediately afterwards.

I also liked Jenkins' description of Liberland's national anthem as "Joan Baez channeling Ayn Rand."

So, yeah, this is going to be high comedy. What really cracks me up is that David Robinson is making the same mistake Chrisy Morris made less than a month ago: assuring people he had editorial input when he very much does not. Some people can't learn from history; these idiots can't even learn from current events.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The inescapable thing here is that given the chance, these idiots will make utter and complete fools of themselves with only minimum to no urging, they can't help themselves, and if they get the chance they will show themselves to be the fools they are. They just can't help themselves, and they really want validation.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I hope it is pointed out that David is a freeman on the land also. Despite his repeated protests, he has confirmed he started out his personal crusade as a freeman-

http://lawfulrebellion.info/author/buster/

And let's be honest the term isn't that broad, both believe the rule of law has being removed from the people via some government conspiracy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemen_on_the_land

Courts unlawfully detaining people? Common law taken from "us", corrupt judges and so on,

Sorry, Dave but you're (*thanks Siegfried) a freeman!
Last edited by JimUk1 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

You're a freeman! Your writing frequently muddles up these homophones.

Re-reading the 'Agreement' I don't think any reputable journalist would have a problem signing it, reporting interviews accurately and in context may not be exactly what these people want but it may be what they get. The bits about arrest and sedition are clearly nonsense, I suspect the chap has taken bigger risks than the prospect of a jury trial some time after the rule of Magna Carta is re-established.
Only condition 4 seems a bit doubtful, I cannot really see how the program can be broadcast without 'third party agents' hearing the interviews.

And what's with Danial Daniel anyway, as a name? Magic power?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Read Catch 49 sometime and become acquainted with Major Major Major.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

King Lud wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:Which makes it puzzling that the producer supposedly signed this agreement to portray them in a positive light. And maybe my journalistic ethics are outdated and/or not applicable to the UK, but this agreement, if it exists, is troubling on many levels.
Or perhaps he knows it's just a worthless scrap of paper with idle threats and genuine frontier gibberish. Sign it to shut them up and crack on with the programme.
I wonder if they have signed a standard-ish BBC disclaimer in return, giving the journalist final editing rights etc. etc. So if it ever came to court one side would have the A61 woo paperwork and the other have a standard BBC broadcast agreement. Or maybe he just crossed his fingers behind his back when he signed.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Re-reading the 'Agreement' I don't think any reputable journalist would have a problem signing it
I do. As I said on the Chrisy Morris thread, journalists don't make a habit of ceding editorial control to the people they interview. Certainly not when it's being demanded in such a snotty, condescending fashion as this. Most journalists I know would tell them where to shove their agreement and which hand to use.

I get what you're saying, though: this is all meaningless and unenforceable. #1, "correct context", is too subjective for a court to rule on, and falls under "honest comment" besides. #2, "don't call us freedmen", may be something Jenkins wasn't planning to do anyway. #3 is pretty much a bland mission statement, demanding the movement be treated as "peaceful and legal", which it mostly is. Calling the movement violent when it isn't would probably fall under libel anyway, rendering this unnecessary. #4 is poorly worded, but journalists generally don't give their hard work to other entities for free, and these recordings would have little value beyond this program anyway.

I still think reporters should decline all such agreements in principle, but I'll get off my soapbox about that.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

If it were me, the agreement itself would be one of the many things I'd be mocking.
:snicker:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The truly nice thing about this klown kollege is that they provide most all of the material any good journalist or comedy writer needs without actually having to do much research.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Burnaby49 wrote:Read Catch 49 sometime and become acquainted with Major Major Major.
Was Catch 49 the sequel to The Crying of Lot 22?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

jcolvin2 wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:Read Catch 49 sometime and become acquainted with Major Major Major.
Was Catch 49 the sequel to The Crying of Lot 22?
If Catch 49 was the sequel to anything it was Lolita with it's main protagonist and narrator Humbert Humbert.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I wonder if they have signed a standard-ish BBC disclaimer, giving the journalist final editing rights etc.
I found a "contributor consent form" here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/forms

As you suggest, it says the BBC may "edit, copy, adapt, or translate" as they see fit.