Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by exiledscouser »

From what little we know it appears that the plods have managed a low-key and unexpected arrest followed by the window-tinning squad as the house was once more taken.

What surprises me is her failure to live this out on social media. Maybe she's had the hard word from her employers- another repeat of last year and all the unwelcome publicity and you'll be given your cards, as they say.

Just maybe she's throwing in the towel. Unusual this.

Not a peep from Chrisy who might have used this to promote his latest narcissistic TV or interwebby venture. Perhaps not - best to avoid trumpeting a case of total failure.

Radio silence from the press on a matter of significant local interest- that's unusual too, always assuming the facts are as they seem to be.

It's very sad that someone is losing their home, however self-inflicted the cause. Rekha is joining the Crawfraud Club of success, yes through choices she herself made but aided, encouraged and maybe even goaded a little by ill informed swaggering SJW's.

I noted that Steve "Expert in SFA" Binch referred to Quatloos posters as SJW's without a hint of irony or self reflection. He too has gone uncharacteristically quiet; careful Steve, silence indicates acquiescence!
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

exiledscouser wrote:From what little we know it appears that the plods have managed a low-key and unexpected arrest followed by the window-tinning squad as the house was once more taken...
"Charged with obstructing enforcement officers executing a high court writ" suggests that there was another bailiff visit, presumably unannounced. Surprising that Wrecka didn't immediately jump on Facebook to summon Chrisy'll Fix It, but she had probably become over-confident of her own ability to flout authority without consequence. I'll guess that she went into the usual routine of obstruction and argument, and a pragmatic cop promptly arrested her. The shuttering contractor can then complete their work before any further obstruction, barricades or threats can be organised.

This needs to happen more often at resisted evictions - give them a few minutes to express their feelings and put their objections on record, and then "stand aside or be arrested". The prolonged, distressing and aggressive mob mayhem is totally unnecessary, and just feeds false hope that the inevitable can be stopped.

Anyway, back to the entertainment. What odds that she comes back with a Stihl saw and commits criminal damage before the end of the week? I'm still backing her to perform a Full Crawford. Come On Wrecka!

"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Hanover Cottage isn't on a main road. It's down a cul-de-sac, accessible from High Lane, Simmondley, close to the Hare & Hounds pub (a building with part also dating from the 18th C). I have been able to take a brief look at the property; it's the middle one of a terrace of 3 cottages. There is now a steel shutter door, in a fetching yellow, firmly bolted to the walls. A little rubble remains in front of the doorway. A couple of what appear to be court notices are attached to the windows on both sides.

My guess is that it will be auctioned as arranging visits for prospective buyers might be a little awkward. :-)

I know someone who lives nearby and they agree that the whole operation must have been very low-key, as they had heard the commotion of June 2016's eviction, but this time were totally unaware anything was going on. They also report that the only mention of racism has been by Ms Patel; just another card in her limited deck, perhaps.

I do hope that, whoever buys the place, they treat its 300-year old history & location in a conservation area only 200m from the Peak District National Park boundary, with some sympathy and consideration.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Wakeman52 wrote:Hanover Cottage isn't on a main road. It's down a cul-de-sac, accessible from High Lane, Simmondley
My Bing link wouldn't render on mobiles & zoomed out on PC's, here's a grab, hard to see if the thackstones are already gone.

On another note, this must have been hell for the neighbours.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Hell for the neighbours for sure. Her parting words to a neighbour on Tuesday evening when she came back for her car were: "I'll be back in a few days". There are 24 hour security guys still living in the cottage so she's asking for a prison sentence.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I doubt that it will occur to Princess Snowflake, but those 24 hr security types are adding, greatly, to the costs she is going to be liable for when the property ultimately gets sold.

On another note, she has managed to double and even triple down on the stupid and self destructive at every point so far, so I really don't expect her to change her MO now. I think too she most likely has a prison sentence in the offing on top of being homeless, unemployed and probably unemployable, and broke. There's just no cure for some kinds of stupid.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

The silence from the media is interesting, given how far and wide the 'Teacher Sells House For Two Quid' story went. Presumably 'Local Woman Not As Clever As She Thought - Now Broke & Homeless' isn't quite as sexy.

Problem is, of course, that the general public will be left with the impression that she got away with it. Which will encourage the next 'victim' to follow in her footsteps.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Or they are just clueless and missed the whole thing, and I'm sure she didn't publish to any great degree since I'm sure that somewhere down deep inside she knew it wasn't going to go her way.

I still have faith that she well eventually totally screw herself over. She just has this really self destructive aura about her.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

It has now made the local press

https://glossopchronicle.co.uk/2017/07/ ... -officers/
Two women charged with obstructing enforcement officers
Thursday 13th July 2017 08:07 News Simmondley Posted by Adam Higgins

Two women have been charged with obstructing enforcement officers in Simmondley.

Police said last night (Wednesday) that the women have been charged with obstructing enforcement officers executing a high court writ at a property in Simmondley Village.

Rekha Patel, 44, of Simmondley Village, Glossop, and Cheryl Leezack, 48, of Geraint Street, Liverpool, were arrested at around 10:20am on Tuesday, July 11 at the address.

They were later charged by officers and are due to appear at Stockport Magistrates Court next month.
Wanna balloon?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Comrade Sharik wrote:
Problem is, of course, that the general public will be left with the impression that she got away with it. Which will encourage the next 'victim' to follow in her footsteps.
When you Google this story the Q thread appears quite near the top so collectively we are providing a valuable commentary without spin, lies or sulky silence when it all goes wrong and the theories, application and inevitable results of freeman-based self appointed gurus are laid bare.

There is an old saying, applicable to Rekha's case in particular;

"professionals are expensive, amateurs doubly so".
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Comrade Sharik wrote:The silence from the media is interesting, given how far and wide the 'Teacher Sells House For Two Quid' story went. Presumably 'Local Woman Not As Clever As She Thought - Now Broke & Homeless' isn't quite as sexy.
Yes, especially from the Tameside Reporter which has been running stories that appear to have been written by Princess Rekha herself. (By which I mean not just biased, but incoherent.)

And that Glossop Chronicle piece is just the press release from the local police website, with no context added. It doesn't even point out that the "property in Simmondley Village" is Rekha's own home.

Perhaps a few emails to reporters who have covered this matter in the past might get a proper follow-up story written.
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

She should organise a rooftop protest that'll work.
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

The Tameside Reporter journalist is none other than one-time Coronation Street actor, Nigel Pivaro. For those of you over 45 you will know him as Terry Duckworth - Jack and Vera's wayward son. He seems to have switched careers...
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I thought stints on Coronation Street were like government jobs, guaranteed for life.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

He Who Knows wrote:The Tameside Reporter journalist is none other than one-time Coronation Street actor, Nigel Pivaro. For those of you over 45 you will know him as Terry Duckworth - Jack and Vera's wayward son. He seems to have switched careers...
Wow. A rare case of an actor who should quit their day job. His writing is atrocious. He seems not to have been taught the most basic techniques, like "inverted pyramid" and "punctuation." Which is fine if you're a naturally engaging writer, but he isn't. Quite the opposite. He writes like English is his third language, and he doesn't have a second one.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Wow. A rare case of an actor who should quit their day job. His writing is atrocious. He seems not to have been taught the most basic techniques, like "inverted pyramid" and "punctuation." Which is fine if you're a naturally engaging writer, but he isn't. Quite the opposite. He writes like English is his third language, and he doesn't have a second one.
According to Wikipedia, in 2009 he received an award from the Plain English Campaign for clear and accessible language in journalism.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Without referring back but from my memory of reading the entire RP thread, the Tameside articles, while not Pulitzer stuff, seemed reasonably clear and complete.
I do not think they merited special abuse.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Not a peep from Mr Morris, he probably considers her a spent resource no longer worth bothering with.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

mufc1959 wrote:According to Wikipedia, in 2009 he received an award from the Plain English Campaign for clear and accessible language in journalism.
Then the runner-up must have been Worzel Gummidge. Or the writer had a stroke since then. Seriously, try reading this mess. That's the first story that came up on Google.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Firthy2002 wrote:Not a peep from Mr Morris, he probably considers her a spent resource no longer worth bothering with.

at the very least he knows she has no money