Is this where Ex-Goofers have gone to play?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

PiccadillyCircus
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Re: Is this where Ex-Goofers have gone to play?

Post by PiccadillyCircus »

Burnaby

Did you claim up to £50, for the lost item?

Signed for letters do come with that level of compensation.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... l/a_id/319

Very annoying - I sent two of these type of letters one after the other earlier this years (both legal notices) and neither was ever seen again, so I tend to agree with other posters that this is not a dependable service.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

PiccadillyCircus wrote:Burnaby

Very annoying - I sent two of these type of letters one after the other earlier this years (both legal notices) and neither was ever seen again, so I tend to agree with other posters that this is not a dependable service.
No. I had that option but declined to pursue it. After I gained an understanding of how the Royal Mail worked, offering a tracking system that tracked nothing, utilizing a delivery system that gave up after the first try then essentially threw my mail away, I decided that trying to struggle through the bureaucracy for a trivial compensation was just a waste of my ever diminishing time (I'm 68, I don't have the youth and stamina to fight the Royal Mail). What they told me was that even though they had sent my parcel to a specific Royal Mail warehouse so it was still under their control and possession they had no way to track it, it was just one of millions, and they were not going to bother looking for it. If I wanted I could try and claim compensation. However I concluded that, given how little interest they had in actually delivering the parcel even though they'd found the correct address, getting compensation was probably as hopeless as my foolish understanding that the Royal Mail was in the business of actually delivering mail.

I have a suspicion that there is actually one function that the Royal Mail is very efficient at performing, setting up a compensation system for lost mail that eventually defeats anyone who tries to use it. They referred me to a form I had to fill out to start the process in motion and, after a quick review of it, I knew it was hopeless.

You have to keep in mind the nature of the lost article. My nephew has a new baby daughter. My wife made our new grand-niece two things, a hand-made quilt and a Christmas stocking. I personally delivered the quilt to my nephew last year. My wife mailed the stocking in time for last Xmas but it never arrived. So she made another one and that's what I mailed in London. I have a mental picture of the Royal Mail employees responding to any compensation claims I might make collapsing in orgasmic glee at the thought of the roadblocks they could put up for any compensation for an item of such indefinable value. No store receipts, no comparables, just my wife's time. My wife got very annoyed when I told her I was giving up. So I gave her the mailing receipt and told her she could pursue it. That ended that endeavour.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

That is the problem we face today, Idiots in the workplace. It is a big problem as those coming through the education system today seem to lack the ability to think.
I'd argue that its the fact that many 'customer contact' staff are prohibited from deviating from a script given to them by management. My experience is that most people want to be helpful, and are reasonably intelligent, but their workplaces are so monitored, and their employment so insecure, that they daren't risk going off message.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

PiccadillyCircus wrote:Burnaby

Some day one of the footles is going to start a scam where you send an empty box to an address that will never sign for it, then the sender files a claim for his £50!

Craig Crawford's Mail Me My Money!!!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
aesmith
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by aesmith »

Gregg wrote:Some day one of the footles is going to start a scam where you send an empty box to an address that will never sign for it, then the sender files a claim for his £50!
If an items not called for within however many days, or refused, it should get returned to sender. We've had a couple of those.
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

aesmith wrote:
Gregg wrote:Some day one of the footles is going to start a scam where you send an empty box to an address that will never sign for it, then the sender files a claim for his £50!
If an items not called for within however many days, or refused, it should get returned to sender. We've had a couple of those.
That only works if the sender puts their details on the parcel as well.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Footloose52 wrote:
aesmith wrote:
That only works if the sender puts their details on the parcel as well.
We had our home address clearly marked on both lost parcels. However it only works if the Royal Mail sees its function as delivering mail.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
King Lud
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by King Lud »

We've sent a lot of parcels out using this method and never once had one not delivered, go missing or returned to sender. Either we're incredibly lucky or Burnaby is a Jonah! :D
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

As soon as the topic drifts into dissatisfaction with DVLA and the Post Office, new members start appearing or de-lurking. A fine testimony to the phlegmatic British character.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Comrade Sharik wrote:I'd argue that its the fact that many 'customer contact' staff are prohibited from deviating from a script given to them by management. My experience is that most people want to be helpful, and are reasonably intelligent, but their workplaces are so monitored, and their employment so insecure, that they daren't risk going off message.
I agree. Proceduralisation, call scripts, decision trees, sign-off requirements, all designed to prevent the use of initiative and common sense.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
King Lud
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by King Lud »

Hercule Parrot wrote:As soon as the topic drifts into dissatisfaction with DVLA and the Post Office, new members start appearing or de-lurking. A fine testimony to the phlegmatic British character.
I delurked before this topic came up thank you very much. As for phlegmatic; I used to answer phones at HMRC. It was compulsory!
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

This'll end well. Some kind of fake bank account shenanigans to access your 'birth certificate trust' through PayPal. From what I know of PayPal, there will be consequences.

http://goodf.forumotion.com/t676-uk-peo ... -to-paypal
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

mufc1959 wrote:This'll end well. Some kind of fake bank account shenanigans to access your 'birth certificate trust' through PayPal. From what I know of PayPal, there will be consequences.

http://goodf.forumotion.com/t676-uk-peo ... -to-paypal
Looks like a more convoluted version of the ol' "type your ID number into an unrelated securities lookup" bit. I see that some of the posts reference a recent video from Ceylon, which someone says they watched to the 89-minute mark.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoaswayLhQU

This is all over the US Youtube related to this topic.

It appears that with some magic, you can get lucky with the sort code and account number of someone's account and link them to your PP account. The plan then is to withdraw money to PP and spend it. I have a feeling it may not be quite this simple.

It also works without the magic, just random numbers.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Things to love about his agenda list:
1) "THE MATRIX IS TRYING TO BLOCK PAY PAL FUNDS EXTRACTIONS FOR EVERYONE."
Yep, definitely. Agent Smith isn't really after Neo, he is just blocking every scammer's attempt to steal.
2) MY CHINA TRANSFER REQ for 1 TRILLION $ FROM [meaningless account numbers to his meaningless account number]"
I have this feeling that China is not going to honor or assist with your request. Not to rain on your parade, it is a hunch on my part, But hey, I have this feeling that the Force is on my side today, so why not go out on a limb and tell you it ain't happening?

But seriously, whether he is using magic numbers or not, I think he is speeding down Felon Freeway.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yeah, and the speedbump at the end is a real doozy.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoaswayLhQU

This is all over the US Youtube related to this topic.

It appears that with some magic, you can get lucky with the sort code and account number of someone's account and link them to your PP account. The plan then is to withdraw money to PP and spend it. I have a feeling it may not be quite this simple.
The video shows throughout that the transaction status is "Processing", not that it ever goes through. I guess he couldn't wait 3-5 business days before making the video. :sarcastic:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

TheNewSaint wrote:The video shows throughout that the transaction status is "Processing", not that it ever goes through. I guess he couldn't wait 3-5 business days before making the video.
That is gutsy scamming of the marks. Only 3-5 days before they come back to him and tell him it didn't work. Not a lot of time to generate a following if they are finding out he is all smoke and mirrors.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

The Observer wrote:That is gutsy scamming of the marks. Only 3-5 days before they come back to him and tell him it didn't work. Not a lot of time to generate a following if they are finding out he is all smoke and mirrors.
This man moves much faster than the world of banking. In the last six hours, he's released the following videos:
I WILL BE REMOVING ALL THE FUNDS FROM ALL THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK ACCOUNTS

PROJECT TO MOVE THE FEDERAL RESERVE FUNDS 3D TO MY 800 ACCOUNT 5D

INTEL OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK PLANS TO CHANGE THE ROUTING NO
Siegfried Shrink's video containing the instructions was dated Thursday. Since then, EMPOWR MARKETINGS has already withdrawn all the Federal Reserve's money into the 5th Dimension, and the Federal Reserve has taken defensive steps by changing their routing numbers. Sounds like locking the barn door after the horse is stolen, but in any case, looks like anyone wanting to follow these steps is now SOL. They'll have to find a new way to manifestate their pro-sperrity with 5D gold accounts.

He's releasing 4-6 videos a day of this stuff, going back about a month: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMjnSV ... J6zxG7R-xg Most of it is rehashed Dinar/NESARA/secret prosperity account crap that falls under Deep Knight's jurisdiction.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

TheNewSaint wrote: Most of it is rehashed Dinar/NESARA/secret prosperity account crap that falls under Deep Knight's jurisdiction.
Yes, I thought the Matrix reference was certainly an indicator that this guy was into the prosperity mojo. I just wonder if how long before PayPal shuts him out.