Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Hey, don't diss pubic lice. As my old Sarge used to say, "scratch 'em if you've got 'em".
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
TheNewSaint wrote:
Gregg wrote:Counting the parents, she now is on my shortlist for the 2017 "Crawford Award for Egregious Equity Evaporation,". Final debt owing after liquidation just north of £100,000!
Quatloos should keep a scoreboard for this. A list of everyone who went the freetard route, and how much it cost them above and beyond the original debt.
There's too many of them to keep count. Maybe just track the big-hitters, the selfless heroes who donated the full value of their home to support the welfare of countless bailiffs, lawyers, locksmiths, bankers and shuttering contractors? Such generosity should not go unrecognised. I think we should award some kind of special recognition, The Quatloos Medal of Philanthropy perhaps?

Fully brevetted members : Gedaljahu Ebert, Guy Taylor, Tom Crawford and Baron VonTrampbeard

Candidate members : Neelu Berry, Wrecker Patel, Helen Gardiner and Robert "Pubic Louse" White
We could follow the example of the Ratbags web site (which seems to be on hiatus) and come up with an annual award. Ratbags has an "Anus Maximus Award" for the worst of the year's web sites, and Highly Commended and Encouragement awards. We could come up with our own, with only those banned from Quatloos barred from eligibility.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

You missed out Police overtime and pensions.
Also, I can see the "not less than £225k" which I can't remember anyway, being appealed/varied when it doesn't sell for that much.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm also curious about the condition inside of Casa Wrecker. If she was a cheap with that as she has been with everything else, I can imagine it being substandard and not up to code, to the point of a good deal of it having to be redone to make it safe and habitable. Don't I remember something to the effect that she had something done with the floors that required special approval?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

I believe it was underfloor heating she had installed.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

should make a nice home - for the lucky punter who picks it up at the bank's auction
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent

Firthy2002 wrote:I believe it was underfloor heating she had installed.
As I recall they had to tear up the original historic flooring to do it and it makes me wonder what corners they cut in doing that and putting it back.

I've come across some real horror stories locally with things that have happened from that kind of work here and worse when done in concrete slabs.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Wrecker's house has gone on Rightmove. Just type in the post code SK13 6LS and there it is! Lol.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Check the photos...it's even got an elephant in the room...... :snicker:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

TheCoz
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by TheCoz »

You can see her files and computer that she used for her amazing research. Clearly its been left in a "get out now" state.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I liked this bit on the website :haha:

Please Note - This property is a Grade II listed building within the Conservation Area.

Rowcliffes have not checked if any works undertaken comply to the relevant restrictions.

Any interested party must make their own enquiries with regards to compliance of any Grade II listing restrictions
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

letissier14 wrote:I liked this bit on the website :haha:

Please Note - This property is a Grade II listed building within the Conservation Area.

Rowcliffes have not checked if any works undertaken comply to the relevant restrictions.

Any interested party must make their own enquiries with regards to compliance of any Grade II listing restrictions
Must admit that bit made me smirk, oh the irony!! :haha:
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

TheCoz wrote:
You can see her files and computer that she used for her amazing research. Clearly its been left in a "get out now" state.
Usually when a house is taken into possession the previous owner's given the chance to go back, accompanied by the estate agent, to remove their stuff. In this case, given that she's already broken in once before, I expect the property agents will just get a removal van, load everything up and drop it off at an address of Wrecker's choice. Or on her parents' driveway. I can't imagine any circumstances in which she'd be allowed back in to pack her things.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

The extent of the horrendous botch job the builder did on the roof is obvious even from this picture.
rosy

Post by rosy »

It's a lovely property underneath the mess and horrendous décor. I smirked at the bit about checking all the works - I have to wonder if a purchaser is letting themselves in for some massive repair bills.
longdog

Post by longdog »

rosy wrote:It's a lovely property underneath the mess and horrendous décor. I smirked at the bit about checking all the works - I have to wonder if a purchaser is letting themselves in for some massive repair bills.
I have no doubt the neighbours will be so glad to see the back of Ms Patel they will happily disclose everything they know to any prospective punter.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

That hideous mess probably damaged the value of the adjoining home as well.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

TheCoz wrote:You can see her files and computer that she used for her amazing research. Clearly its been left in a "get out now" state.
Really very sad to see someone squander a nice home. Her teaching career is probably on thin ice too, and a bit of an awkward atmosphere with family. 44yrs old, and she's sleeping in someone's spare room with a few scraps of personal property.

But it was worth it, for the principle. There were no thackstones, and they didn't matter anyway, and it wasn't her fault, and that bitch next door is a racist, and the courts are corrupt, and she's the real victim here, and and and....
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
notorial dissent

But... but... but... she's an eggstra speshul snowflake, her mummy and daddy told her so.