Disinformation spreaders

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Re: Disinformation spreaders

Post by ceylon2 »

longdog wrote:Quite frankly if the 'blurb' for the book over on Amazon...
Mark Ceylon and Jon Witterick have become common figures in online social groups including youtube and facebook, while running their own online forum teaching and interpreting the law to vulnerable individuals who have found themselves in financial difficulty, speak out against them such as telling them their methods do not work will get you banned, they do not tolerate members speaking out because it would jeopardise their sole purpose of spreading disinformation. Their lectures on law are dangerous and have no place in our society. This book is designed to help you the reader understand the law and how it works as compared to their version. The contents of the book does not attack them personally, it does however attack their knowledge of the law which is being used by many of their followers today and ending in misery and embarrassment which included myself. I decided to study the law and everything became clear. I will now share my learned subject with you. http://goodf2.forumotion.com
...and the back cover....

...are anything to go by then I have very serious doubts about the legal and lawful learnin' of the writer and even more serious doubts about their ability to write a book worth spending £15 on.

The contents of the book does not attack them personally, it they do es however attack their knowledge of the law which is being used by many of their followers today and ending in misery and embarrassment which included myself.

Seriously... Get an editor BEFORE publication because that sentence alone is a complete mess and that's from the spiel attempting to sell the thing.
i think it gets the message out but of course i can understand your concern. are you a fmotl also? cos you sound like one
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

you bunch of lovely people bye fuckin bye
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

deleted the forum, so sorry for attacking your mate/friend/chum/pal/buddy
forgot to put capital D
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:
Philistine wrote:Also, the OP can't seem to capitalize the pronoun "I" which seems strange for a third year law student.
Maybe I'm wrong about that...
A typical fmotl attack on punctuation, what for? And yes it does seem a bit strange doesnt it for a law student. what exactly are you trying to say? oh look i forgot the ' and again the i
If you are going to be giving legal advice on the basis of three years studying law then it's not going to do your credibility any favours if you make continuous basic errors in your use of the English language.

Just taking your last sentence above I count at least five errors which suggest your command of the English language is just not up to the job of presenting a coherent dismantling of FMOTL woo.

We all make mistakes... Just look at any published novel and you'll most likely spot an error that's gone unnoticed by the author, the editor and the proof reader but... And it's a big BUT... Failing to make an effort, even on an internet forum, displays what my old English teacher called "A lack of respect for your readers".

I have to ask... The book that is being plugged over on your forum... Did you write it?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:i think it gets the message out but of course i can understand your concern. are you a fmotl also? cos you sound like one
Don't be a prat.

If that book is what I say and nearly 300 pages of it are the judgement in Meads vs Meads then it's a scam. The M vs M judgement is freely available on the web. Running it through a Pint-On-Demand service padded out with a few pages of filler and charging £15.00 for it is disreputable to put it mildly.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

ceylon2 wrote:you bunch of lovely people bye fuckin bye
... as our latest drive-by troll slinks away, in search of a Butthurt Report to file somewhere.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
longdog

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:you bunch of lovely people bye fuckin bye
Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. :sarcastic:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

ceylon2 wrote:deleted the forum, so sorry for attacking your mate/friend/chum/pal/buddy
forgot to put capital D
Good luck, ceylon2. Your heart is in the right place, but you need to grow thicker skin. If you get upset with us, you wouldn't last 5 mins in direct debate with FMOTL believers.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote:Running it through a Pint-On-Demand service.....
Paging Burnaby...
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

longdog wrote:
ceylon2 wrote:i think it gets the message out but of course i can understand your concern. are you a fmotl also? cos you sound like one
Don't be a prat.

If that book is what I say and nearly 300 pages of it are the judgement in Meads vs Meads then it's a scam. The M vs M judgement is freely available on the web. Running it through a Pint-On-Demand service padded out with a few pages of filler and charging £15.00 for it is disreputable to put it mildly.
Pint on demand????
longdog

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:
longdog wrote:
Don't be a prat.

Pint on demand????
"Print". See... I told you we all make errors... And I plead the rum.

However... As you're still here would you care to comment on my concern that chapter six of your magnum opus is apparently 284 pages long and appears to be the entire judgement of Meads vs Meads which is freely available on the internet? Are you simply repackaging public domain content?
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

Took me 2 years to write this block buster
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

Chapter 6 took the longest, shattering but hopefully i should reap the rewards. Just a matter of time. I have decided to update the description which should be live soon. I would be interested in seeking your opinions regarding price, should i sorry I up the ££ to say £1500 bar
longdog

Post by longdog »

Please answer the question... Does the epically long 284 page chapter six contain the entire judgement in Meads vs Meads?

A simple yes or no will do.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Burnaby's one weakness....

Anyway, I thought you were off?

Why not engage properly & have a civil chat? I can't weigh you up - I think you're taking the piss actually but it would be nice to be proved wrong.

Ceylon is certainly worth mocking but he usually provides all the ammunition himself without any need for assistance, his monologues to camera for example are a rich seam of foolishness. Gone are the days of Goodf adoration and status or cosy chats with his follically-challenged sidekick and confidant sticking it to the man. Did anyone else notice that in the Sack n Crack show Mark was always the passenger, he never graduated to the driving seat?

I digress. I don't think anyone listens to a word Haining has to say these days, what with all the Rods doing drive-bys and Nottingham Council painting treasonous road markings on the mean streets of Retford.

He doesn't even practice his own advice ffs.

So a book about his exploits that no one will buy let alone read won't really add to the sum of human understanding. There are better and more deserving gurus out there you could write about and who really are taking their victims for a ride - charging them for the privilege too. The expert in SFA for instance.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

Apologise if I sounded a little off earlier, but attacking my English was a little below the belt, I do try to learn the language. Just to clarify...I study law not practice it :)
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

longdog wrote:Please answer the question... Does the epically long 284 page chapter six contain the entire judgement in Meads vs Meads?

As you can understand from the perception of an author, I cannot disclose too much about the book but Amazon has given a look inside option. Not being funny or awkward but try to see it from a book writers perspective.
longdog

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:
longdog wrote:Please answer the question... Does the epically long 284 page chapter six contain the entire judgement in Meads vs Meads?

As you can understand from the perception of an author, I cannot disclose too much about the book but Amazon has given a look inside option.
I'm going to take that as an admission that you have in fact filled your book with public domain content from the internet.

Not being funny or awkward but try to see it from a book writers perspective.
I've seen precious little evidence that you fall into the category of 'writer'. I have friends who are published authors and have been doing battle with two of my own perpetually unfinished novels for years but what I've seen of your work is, to be brutally honest, garbage.

Cutting and pasting stuff from the web and interspersing it with commentary is a perfectly acceptable method of maintaining a blog... I do exactly that myself... But it don't make you a writer and it won't produce a book anybody wants to read.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

OMG You haven't even read the book only look inside

Cutting and pasting? How dare you
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »