Facebook Group - We Buy Any Debt

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by letissier14 »

The website of another debt scamming Facebook group who beg for donations. They are called: Webuyanydebt

https://www.facebook.com/groups/webuyanydebt/

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
letissier14

Re: Facebook Group - We Buy Any Debt

Post by letissier14 »

This appears to be the owner of the scam (well her Facebook account anyway)

Elisabeth Nolson

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=741501390

and another website of hers

http://www.thewholepackage.me/

and

https://kindnesscredits.wixsite.com/kin ... t-kindness

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Ah, I thought I recognised that name; viewtopic.php?t=10736
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Determinator
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Determinator »

I wonder whether they have heard about the Rankines... Basil Rankine was jailed 5 years ago for running a similar operation called Credit Card Killer...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stok ... e-19635797
Determinator
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Determinator »

They appeared in Panorama in 2008, you'd never expect scammers to be featured on that program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMN2v8JYEM
TheCoz
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by TheCoz »

I read all of that. I still can't work out what the fuck they do.

My grasp is, they "buy" your debt off you and you owe them ...Kindness?

They then tell the creditor that they owe the debt and pay it with... Kindness?

I don't get it
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

they just grift under the guise that they have magic debt beans for you.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

TheCoz wrote:My grasp is, they "buy" your debt off you and you owe them ...Kindness?
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I find it similar to WeRe Bank, except that their currency is "kindness credits" instead of Re (current exchange rate 0:0). They claim they can pay your real debts with their fake currency, via some tortured interpretation of the Bills of Exchange Act. But instead of issuing checks and pretending to be a bank, they claim to have bought the debt from the debtor.

And, of course, they don't take payment in their own currency. Pounds sterling only please.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Footloose52 wrote:Ah, I thought I recognised that name; viewtopic.php?t=10736
Not the only name I recognise - friends include Danny Bamping.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Their literature is certainly nonsensical gibberish, and the grammar is bad too boot.

I will admit that I got lost in the gibberish, but it looks like you are basically assigning your debt to a/the trust, and then the trust is supposed to be liable for it, and then I'm sure somewhere down the road they disown it or something or other. The catch of course being that you cannot assign your personal debt without the debt holder's permission. Doesn't work that way. So basically it is just a paper moving scam that goes no where, leaving the schlub still holding the bag/debt. Not even particularly original.

I wonder if the Universal life church is aware that the scammers are using their logo?
Might well do to drop a line to faceplant that they have a scam site set up.
Last edited by notorial dissent on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to add logo
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

TheCoz wrote:My grasp is, they "buy" your debt off you and you owe them ...Kindness?
Yes, that's it. Obviously the debtor cannot sell or transfer their legal obligations, so the creditor is still going to pursue them. And if it reaches a court, no judge would accept this purported "sale" as a defence. It's about the same as saying 'we paid you by werecheque, the debt is settled.

I will however grant that Ms Nolson's package has more to offer than Ms Rankine's in certain respects. (Mods! Why do we still not have a Terry-Thomas smilie? With embedded MP3 "crikey, ding-dong...." please.)
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
longdog

Post by longdog »

It's a bit like me selling my diabetes to somebody on the internet who says they'll take the meds on my behalf and thinking my blood sugar levels will be fine :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Yes, that's it. Obviously the debtor cannot sell or transfer their legal obligations, so the creditor is still going to pursue them. And if it reaches a court, no judge would accept this purported "sale" as a defence. It's about the same as saying 'we paid you by werecheque, the debt is settled.

I will however grant that Ms Nolson's package has more to offer than Ms Rankine's in certain respects. (Mods! Why do we still not have a Terry-Thomas smilie? With embedded MP3 "crikey, ding-dong...." please.)
Wasn't "Crikey, ding-dong" Leslie Phillips? Terry Thomas was more "Absolute shower!"
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Loved him in 'I'm All Right Jack!'.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

longdog wrote:
Wasn't "Crikey, ding-dong" Leslie Phillips?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0awJf7OWMmo
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I can't wait for the first ombudsman ruling on this one.

"While I'm sure Mr. S feels very strongly about this matter, Barclay's is not obligated to accept kindness credits to pay off his Range Rover."
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Those graphics look like something you'd see as placeholders on a web design template.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Is it possible that people fall for this because, while they really don't understand the banking/lending system, they have heard that banks can sell a mortgage and the borrower must then pay the new holder. So, they figure, "why can't I sell MY side of the debt".

Of course, this is gibberish and nonsense, in the complete vacumn that is their financial understanding, it kinda, sorta, makes sense.

Actually, a debtor can legally transfer responsibility to another person, but usually, only with the consent of the lender. Mortgages in the US used to be "assumable", meaning that, if I sold my house, the buyer could assume the debt. Car loans were often like that, as well. Not so much any more. With rising interest rates, lenders always want to call a loan when the asset is sold, so they can lend the money to someone else at a higher interest rate.
longdog

Post by longdog »

noblepa wrote:Is it possible that people fall for this because, while they really don't understand the banking/lending system, they have heard that banks can sell a mortgage and the borrower must then pay the new holder. So, they figure, "why can't I sell MY side of the debt".

Of course, this is gibberish and nonsense, in the complete vacumn that is their financial understanding, it kinda, sorta, makes sense.
I'm sure you're exactly right.

Many moons ago I worked with a guy who had an endowment mortgage for, for the sake of argument, £30,000. At some point he noticed that he could get an ordinary life insurance policy that would pay out £30,000 in the event of his death for about a quarter or a half of the endowment premium so he stopped paying the endowment and took out the new policy. His mortgage lender wasn't too chuffed about this and threatened to call in the loan unless he started making endowment payments again.

This guy wasn't obviously stupid in a general sense but it took everything short of beating him about the head and body with a pick-axe to make him understand how endowment mortgages work.

He got it in the end but it makes you despair about some people's grasp of the way the world works.