Dorean Group & "Mysteries of the Mind"

Discussion of various forms of Advance Fee Fraud, including application fees for loans that never materialize, self-liquidating loan scams, as well as mortgage elimination scams and related debt elimination scams [Nigerian-type scams should go in the Nigerian 4-1-9 forum]
ElfNinosMom

Dorean Group & "Mysteries of the Mind"

Post by ElfNinosMom »

I recently wrote a little something about Christine Smith, yet another wacky Libertarian candidate for President. In it, I noted that she touts an "Outstanding American Award" on her website, which actually comes from a couple of New Age charlatans named Ardeth and Alex Merklinger. You have to click a link to see it, as she merely has it listed as an "Outstanding American Award". Apparently few have clicked it because, if they had, they'd realize that it was nowhere near as impressive as it sounds.

Obviously, that is not an award which should be referenced as proof of importance or qualifications in a presidential campaign. :lol:

A google search shows a connection between the Merklingers and the Dorean Group, in that Alex is named on the Dorean blog as a Dorean broker.

Christine Smith is listed on the Merklingers' website as "manager" for one of their "Mysteries of the Mind" presentations in Colorado, so she's definitely involved with these scammers on some level beyond just an interest in little green men. :roll:

I received the following comment today, suggesting a further tie between Merklinger and Dorean:
Alex and Ardeth Merklinger of the “Institute For Human Potential“. aka mysteries of the mind are career con men. Alex Merklinger served 33 months in federal prison from 1992 to 96 for wire and mail fraud on 68 counts. He attempted to swindel $39,000,000 from the Dept of the Army.
Both Alex and Ardeth are at it again. They are being investigated for Grand theft of $125,000 and tax evasion. They also are connected with the Dorean Group Morgage elimination scam of which victims are attempting to have the FBI charge them as well as the dorean owners now found guilty.
The Merklingers have always led a hidden life. They never give out a home address only PO Box.
Every thing Alex and Ardeth Merklinger endorse or say would be recommended to shun them.
I am a monatary victim of the Merklingers having had $125,000 stold from me. Alex Merklinger said he was an investment Banker at the time. He is not. He is a convicted felon. And Felons can not vote in America. What the hell is some politician taking a bogus award the Merklinger criminals gave her. I would run from anything these thieves gave out. This time Ardeth Merklinger will be going to jail with her sociopath husband Alex G. Merklinger Federal inmate number 22616-013. Her is proof of Alex Merklinger being a felon http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSe ... &x=26&y=18
Does anyone here have any information about the Merklingers and their scams, their affiliation with Dorean, or anything else pertinent to this mess?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Criminal Cases

Name Court Case No. Filed Closed
30 MERKLINGER, ALEX sddce 5:1990cr50062 08/16/1990
USA v. Merklinger
31 MERKLINGER, ALEX G. txwdce 5:1992cr00120 04/15/1992 03/31/1993
USA v. Merklinger
32 MERKLINGER, ALEX G. txwdce 5:1991cr00145 04/18/1991 04/18/1991
USA v. Merklinger

Civil Cases

Name Court Case No. Filed NOS Closed
20 MERKLINGER, A G casdce 3:1989cv01911 12/22/1989 130 02/14/1991
BBB Construction v. Interwest Contr, et al
21 MERKLINGER, A G ilndce 1:1989cv08695 11/22/1989 130 09/09/1991
Bracing Systems v. Pyramid Inc, et al
Demo.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

$125,000 stold from me
Stold? Gosh, what a surprise.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Thursday, April 12, 2007
The end is near (03-20-07)
We have come to that place where delays are harder to come by. Whether by the final revelation (coming) method or by trial the accusation of bank fraud is going to be settled. Based on the unfolding of trial preparation I could not be happier with how things have gone. If one is willing to suffer they can confront the tyrant. Scott and I trained in Christ for suffering we’ll get that privilege. The only way they could win is to scare us into a surrender. It worked on others but not on us. Knowing how close our remedy is pursuing us is getting exciting. I have never been bound by the ignorance on this blog or in the courtroom. Thank the Lord I have always been able to see my way clearly on the subject matter. The last important battle now is for evidence. The government’s favorite tool is to disallow any exonerating evidence and to have a trial irrelevant to the true facts. A mere piece of controlled propaganda. I’ve been preparing for this weapon for two years. They will not be able to help themselves falling into the traps I’ve laid for them to raise the precluded evidence. Once the subjects are breached by the prosecution they are open game. A trapper must know the behavior of the prey to be successful. A seven-month trial for securities fraud is very revealing if you keep your eyes open. The stakes were not high then. I was a young man who could do the time, did not have the interest of thousands of clients, an industry at risk, or a great wife. I am glad to have had the training then to benefit now. That is the wonder of living in Christ. All things work together for good for those who are called according to His purposes. Things will rapidly be changing so pay attention.

NEED: I no longer have copies of the radio show I did with Alex Merklinger and the gentleman in Washington D.C. Also the TV interview on Fox News. If any of you have a copy, link, or access I will need these as evidence. Your help is appreciated.

Current Address:

Kurt Johnson 13177081
Federal Detention Center
5675 8th St. Camp Parks
Dublin, CA 94568
posted by whistleblower at 4:45 PM 4 comments
Demo.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

There is much more on the Dorean folks on the "Advance Fee fraud and Mortgage and Debt Elimination" board. They don't really fit with the Tax Protestors.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Dr. Caligari wrote:There is much more on the Dorean folks on the "Advance Fee fraud and Mortgage and Debt Elimination" board. They don't really fit with the Tax Protestors.
Thanks, Dr. C. I just put it here because of the allegation of a tax evasion investigation against Merklinger, since I'm a little unsure exactly what scams he's pulling, but it looks like more than one type.

I'm mostly interested in information on Merklinger, since he's the guy who gave Christine Smith her "award", and she is some type of "manager" with his Mysteries of the Mind crap. I'm trying to figure out why or under what circumstances he would have given her that goofy "Outstanding American Award". More specifically, I'm curious if she bought it from him, or if it was given to her because she is involved with his seminars.

I just think it's bizarre that a presidential candidate would put that "award" on their website.

She put another one on there, too. It's even more worthless, though she calls it a "Peace Prize". But when you click on it, this is what you see:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Any chance I was your article that got wiped from Wiki? :wink:
Pauligirl

Post by Pauligirl »

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/ ... 56242.html
Smith runs a charity that sends out John Denver CDs and videos to those she deems to be most in need of his message of love: prisoners, single parents, orphans and the impoverished.

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:Mo ... cd=9&gl=us
U.S. v. MERKLINGER
16 F.3d 670 (6th Cir. 1994)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF-APPELLEE, v. ALEX G. MERKLINGER, DEFENDANT-APPELLANT.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Burzmali wrote:Any chance I was your article that got wiped from Wiki? :wink:
Nah, I had nothing to do with the article. I agree that she is not notable enough to be listed there.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Pauligirl wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/ ... 56242.html
Smith runs a charity that sends out John Denver CDs and videos to those she deems to be most in need of his message of love: prisoners, single parents, orphans and the impoverished.

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:Mo ... cd=9&gl=us
U.S. v. MERKLINGER
16 F.3d 670 (6th Cir. 1994)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF-APPELLEE, v. ALEX G. MERKLINGER, DEFENDANT-APPELLANT.
Thanks for the link. :D

From what I understand, she no longer has the charity. She does, however, have a very creepy obsession with John Denver.

Her book on John Denver was thoroughly trashed by readers on Amazon. Here are some of the reviews:
Distracting and disappointing
October 29, 2002
By A Customer

John Denver was many things to many people, to some a happy camper whose view on the world was Far OUT! While to others Denver was a visionary, someone who inspired others to look more deeply into their values, their world and do something proactive about it. Although MS Smith attempts to explain Mr. Denver’s spirituality, the book is more “her” take on spirituality than Mr. Denver’s. It’s also distracting to find out that Ms. Smith never knew Mr. Denver personally so how can she claim to represent his views? After reading it I wondered why I’d wasted my time reading this. Rather than read this book buy more of John Denver’s later cds from the 80s onward and discover his spiritual beliefs through his lyrics for yourself.

It is a CREEPY waste of time and money………..,
October 13, 2002
By M. Count (Santa Barbara, CA United States)
(REAL NAME)

This book is more about idol worship then it is about John Denver. I had been looking forward to reading this, but unfortunately from the moment I began I only became more and more disappointed and uncomfortable. The author moves away from the humanness of the artist and focuses on creating a picture of someone that we seem to be expected to worship as a deity rather than appreciate as a humanitarian. John Denver was a committed and conscientious believer in the goodness of the human spirit. I think you will find his philosophy is best represented in the tableau of his own music. Truly, it would seem a much better place to go to understand his spirituality.

garbage,
July 15, 2002
By Cory Jay (Edwardsville, Illinois United States)

I’m a die hard John Denver fan, so it would be very hard to displease me. This book does. I know much more about JD’s philosophy, and I’ve done no research and only shook his hand a few times….The book is so full of praise you would think this man is Christ….I had to throw up it is so sweet.

A disappointment,
October 10, 2001
By Douglas O’Neal (Clarks Summit, PA United States)
(REAL NAME)

The title of this book is a piece of false advertising. I expected to read a description of the spiritual and religious views and practices of someone whose music I enjoy. Instead, what I got was a 150-page essay on the author’s personal new-agey definition of “love”, sprinkled liberally with hero worship. The book puts John Denver on a pedestal and presents him as a transcendent and perfect being; I prefer to see those I admire as real people, with real human imperfections.

Better books exist about John Denver…,
February 8, 2001
By cocoproducer “cocoproducer” (Arvada, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews

A disappointing book by someone who never met John Denver or heard him in concert. Miss Smith has rendered only personal opinions.
I still have no idea why she thinks she's qualified to be President of the United States. As far as I can tell, she never attended college (if she did, she never mentions it on her website, and that would seem to be important information if you want to be elected to the most powerful position on earth). I personally suspect she's running to get attention for her wannabe modeling/acting career, since when she first started her campaign, this is the website you got http://www.christinesmith.us/id67.html

I'm going to be nice and not say anything about whether I think she will ever get a modeling contract. Judge for yourself.

She recently said she might withdraw, and her reason is that she has not gotten much support because Libertarians are just not willing to accept someone as perfect as her. Well, that's the gist of what she said anyway, it's late and I don't feel like looking up the quote. :wink:

Her ability to alienate her prospective supporter base, as well as her overly high opinion of herself, is quite Chapmanesque.
texino
Grand Debunker of Medical Quackery

Post by texino »

Since Ms. Smith enjoys dropping random quotations where space allows (but does not require) their use, I'll gladly offer one from Zelda Fitzgerald who enjoyed dismissing a certain author as " A phony; a rubber cheque." it seems to to fit the occasision;

Knowing Elfniños Mom as I do, and knowing that a writer must have highly tuned BS dectector, I am certain hers is about to blow up anytime she come across Smith's self servng writings.
I also must say ENM has far nicer red hair and is far more pleasant to look at-Oh well, this is not the ENM appreciation thread. I'm just glad to see her and take a shot at Smith...)

TT
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Oh well, this is not the ENM appreciation thread.
Every thread can be an ENM appreciation thread, given all the good works she does.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
texino

Post by texino »

Every thread can be an ENM appreciation thread, given all the good works she does.
Hear! Hear!

And a Happy Christmas to every one!
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Texino! How are you feeling, my dear friend? I've missed our little chats. :D

Many thanks to Texino and Dr. C for the kind compliments.

I have updated the blog with the information about Mr. Merklinger; many thanks to all who helped me with information. I'm giving Christine Smith the benefit of the doubt, insofar as whether she is aware that he's a con man, but at the same time, it proves that she is entirely too gullible to be President.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

which actually comes from a couple of New Age charlatans named Ardeth and Alex Merklinger.
Who have featured heavily in NESARA the last five years . . .
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Joey Smith wrote:
which actually comes from a couple of New Age charlatans named Ardeth and Alex Merklinger.
Who have featured heavily in NESARA the last five years . . .
Argh, not more NESARA people.

Then again, I'm not surprised. Ms. Smith is really into that New Age crap, and based on a few of her statements I've wondered more than once if she was into NESARA.

Guess I'll pop over to the NESARA forum as well, and see if Deep Knight has heard of her. :D
neodemes

Post by neodemes »

ElfNinosMom wrote: I personally suspect she's running to get attention for her wannabe modeling/acting career, since when she first started her campaign, this is the website you got http://www.christinesmith.us/id67.html

I'm going to be nice and not say anything about whether I think she will ever get a modeling contract. Judge for yourself.
She might want to work on those abs...

ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

I was thinking about this, and honestly, her desire to become a model reminds me in many ways of American Idol. More specifically, I'm thinking of the people during the auditions who just know they are the next American Idol, when in reality they are completely tone deaf and can't sing a note.

When Simon Cowell tells them, "That was horrendous", and Randy Jackson says, "That was just bad, dog", and Paula Abdul says, "I'm sorry, honey", the contestant refuses to believe they could even possibly be right. They blame the judges for being "jealous of my talent" or "missing the next big thing", when in fact no one out of the millions of people watching from home thought they could sing either.

This particular woman is cute, but she's not at all photogenic. She's probably cuter in person than she is on film, I'll give her that much. Cute alone, however, won't even get you a modeling job for Maalox. What I don't understand is why, when she looks at those photos, she doesn't see what everyone else sees.

However, Merklinger is one of those charlatans who trick people into believing that he will make them a superior human being and thus fulfill all their heart's desires. I wonder if that's where she got the idea that she could become a model?

I don't want to be unkind to this woman, I really don't, but I simply don't understand how she ever got this idea, especially at her age. Add to it that she also thinks she should be President, and it seems clear that there's a very serious problem going on in that cute little head of hers.
texino

Post by texino »

I have survived without ever watching the Idol show. I know about it because of this crazy web site put up by a kid called Ritchie whose claim to fame was being kicked out of the American Idol auditions in Orlando Fl for "Being too hyperactive"
According to "Totally Rockin" Ritchie however, he was just going around entertaining his "Fans" (Ritchie is all about his fans) I am having a hard time finding RR's site these days. He may have grown up, or he may still be flogging this terrible CD he made where he yowls free verse about his (some letters) girl I think the letters stand for a show on MTV because in the song Rockin Ritchie is watching MTV eating potato chips when he sees this girl
(she's wearing jeans) and then he wants her to be his (some letters) girl (maybe T R I L) I can't remember. If you can ever find a site for totally rocking Ritchie, take a look and you will get a very quick lesson about what some people think the music business is about. They are mistaken.
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

texino wrote:I have survived without ever watching the Idol show. I know about it because of this crazy web site put up by a kid called Ritchie whose claim to fame was being kicked out of the American Idol auditions in Orlando Fl for "Being too hyperactive"
According to "Totally Rockin" Ritchie however, he was just going around entertaining his "Fans" (Ritchie is all about his fans) I am having a hard time finding RR's site these days. He may have grown up, or he may still be flogging this terrible CD he made where he yowls free verse about his (some letters) girl I think the letters stand for a show on MTV because in the song Rockin Ritchie is watching MTV eating potato chips when he sees this girl
(she's wearing jeans) and then he wants her to be his (some letters) girl (maybe T R I L) I can't remember. If you can ever find a site for totally rocking Ritchie, take a look and you will get a very quick lesson about what some people think the music business is about. They are mistaken.
Hiya, Texino! I'm glad to hear that Richie is for his fans, all two of them. I'm sure his mom and dad appreciate it. LOL

I think I know who you are talking about, because it sounds vaguely familiar. I could be thinking of someone else, though.

Could he be asking her to be his TRL girl? That's a "hip" (read: crappy) talk show on MTV.

American Idol is okay, but I only watch the auditions. I don't follow the actual show, because there are no longer any real trainwrecks (and you all know how much I so love watching trainwrecks). :wink: