False UCC filing nets 12 years in prison

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

False UCC filing nets 12 years in prison

Post by Demosthenes »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2008

FEDERAL INMATE SENTENCED TO 12 YEARS FOR FILING FALSE LIEN IN EASTERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS

BEAUMONT, TX – United States Attorney John L. Ratcliffe announced today that a 54-year-old inmate at the Beaumont Federal Prison has been sentenced to 144 months in federal prison for filing a false lien in the Eastern District of Texas.

ROBERT DANIEL DAVIS was sentenced today by United States District Judge Marcia Crone.

According to information presented in court, while imprisoned at the Federal Correctional Complex in Beaumont, Davis created and forged groundless Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) financing statements in the amount of $500 million against U.S. District Judge Sim Lake on June 21, 2004 and Assistant U.S. Attorney Glen Cook on May 27, 2005. Judge Lake and AUSA Cook were involved in Davis' previous federal drug conviction in the Southern District of Texas which led to his incarceration in Beaumont. Judge Lake and AUSA Cook stated they did not sign or authorize the creation or filing of the UCC/TCA FS-4 "True Bill" which bear their names and a reproduction of their signatures and have never had a financial or contractual relationship with Davis. Davis told investigators he filed the fraudulent lien against Judge Lake because the Judge allowed the prosecuting attorney, AUSA Cook, to perjure himself during his trial and did nothing about it. Davis stated he filed the fraudulent lien against AUSA Cook because Cook lied about the amount of drugs Davis was being prosecuted for. Davis pleaded guilty to those drug charges. Davis was convicted of the fraudulent filing charges by a jury on August 28, 2007.

This case was investigated by the Texas Attorney General's Office and prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney David H. Henderson, Jr. and Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Gerard Rawls.

#####
Demo.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Was the procedure here similar to that used by tax protesters who file liens against judges, attorneys, IRS agents, etc? I forget the mechanics but thought those were UCC financing statements.

And, does this apply to tactics like the Commercial Affidavit of Truth?

Having said that, it would appear to be another nail in the coffin of commercial theory.

Oh, I forgot! The guy that did it before me didn't do it right.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Filing false lien notices against a Federal judge, etc., while you are in prison.

Real smart. The Dunning-Kruger effect strikes again.

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

And a back reference to a previous thread on the Dunning-Kruger effect:

http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?t=906
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

Without reading the author's erudite dissertation, I think it can be distilled to hitting rock bottom and continuing to dig.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten