How to Eliminate All Taxes in the United States

Practical and Practice issues for Professionals who practice in the area of taxation. Moral, social and economic issues relating to taxes, including international issues, the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, state tax issues, etc. Not for "tax protestor" issues, which should be posted in the "tax protestor" forum above. The advice or opinion given herein should not be relied on for any purpose whatsoever. Also examines cookie-cutter deals that have no economic substance but exist only to generate losses, as marketed by everybody from solo practitioner tax lawyers to the major accounting firms.
jaydee

Re: How to Eliminate All Taxes in the United States

Post by jaydee »

Nikki wrote:But -- wait for it -- there's one minor problem.

The annual debt service cost on the national debt is in the range of $200 billion ($4 trillion of debt at 5% interest rate).

It seems that, after debt service, there's only $175 billion left to fund the entire operations of all the governmental operations in the entire country.
There is no more "national debt" under this system. The federal government would be prohibited from "borrowing" money. So the whole "national debt" issue is removed from the equation.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Okay, I'll play along with your little game: Where does today's $4 trillion national debt go?

Are the NESARA wizards going to wave their magic wands and make it go away?
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

Nikki wrote:Okay, I'll play along with your little game: Where does today's $4 trillion national debt go?

Are the NESARA wizards going to wave their magic wands and make it go away?
Into today's actual national debt 2.5 times.

Current national debt:

Interest on the national debt is approx $400 billion per year. Source.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The federal government would be prohibited from "borrowing" money. So the whole "national debt" issue is removed from the equation.
As Nikki pointed out earlier, banks get the money they lend out by borrowing it from their depositors. If the government, and by extension the nationalized banks, cannot borrow money, what will they lend?

The second problem, pointed out by Nikki and CKB, is that saying the national debt goes away does not make the national debt go away. The national debt would not go away just because the government quit borrowing. It has to be paid.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
jaydee

Post by jaydee »

Quixote wrote:As Nikki pointed out earlier, banks get the money they lend out by borrowing it from their depositors. If the government, and by extension the nationalized banks, cannot borrow money, what will they lend?
No, that's not how it works. Look up "fractional reserve lending".

All interest now paid is about five times all taxes paid. So only one fifth of that interest money would be required to eliminate all taxes.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Sorry, jaydee, but you can not use the gross revenue or the total collected as the basis for the amount that will be available to spend.

The total interest paid is not the amount that the banks receive. In fact, if you look closely you may well find that the total interest paid number you are using includes the amounts the banks paid out as well as the amount they got in (depending on the source of the number).

The net that the banks get in after they pay out interest is not near enough to fund the goverment as I 'splained above.

Nope, it aint gonna work.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Shouldn't this thread be moved to another forum? I can't decide whether it should be in Tax Protester, MLM, or Off-Topic.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Arthur Rubin wrote:Shouldn't this thread be moved to another forum? I can't decide whether it should be in Tax Protester, MLM, or Off-Topic.
We need a new topic: Idiotic Ravings?

Oh, and one observation: a substantial amount of consumer debt is not held by banks but by non-bank lenders like credit card issuers (even when affiliated with a bank, these are non-bank lenders), GMAC, GE, securitization pools (bond holders), private purchasers (e.g., debt in default purchasers), etc.
"My Health is Better in November."