TRŪ Chocolate - TRŪ Bullshit

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

TRŪ Chocolate - TRŪ Bullshit

Post by Doc Bunkum »

See there's a new company promoting miracle weight loss eating their chocolate -
* Some people are losing up to one pound per day following this plan, results will vary.
Very flashy official website - TRŪ Chocolate
I developed a serious infection when my dog scratched my gum. Antibiotics didn’t heal it for over 10 months. Surgery to remove the damaged gum was suggested by my Dentist. I started eating 2 Tru Chocolates a day and in about 60 days it was 99% healed with no plaque build-up. My Dentist was amazed, I did not need the surgery and I lost 25 pounds.
Kevin Moroney
I am 45 years old and have had a massive craving for sweets most of my life. I was the kid that brought home a pillow case of wrappers while Trick or Treating as I ate it all “on the road”. I tried everything including a Hypnotist - nothing worked. All that stopped and I lost 32 pounds in 36 days. Our 11 year old daughter and I trade clothes. AFTER YEARS OF LOVING CHOCOLATE - FINALLY A CHOCOLATE THAT LOVES ME BACK!
Elaine E. Iagatta
Nice FERRARI F430 they're giving away to entice you to sign up - Getting Started.

Only requirement is, you must have at least $6,000,000 GV (Group Volume) per month for three (3) consecutive months.

Nothing to it. :lol:
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: TRŪ Chocolate - TRŪ Bullshit

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

From the notes on Dr. Joel Wallach:

* Author of the best selling, non-musical recording of all time, "Dead Doctors Don't Lie"
* Author of 14 major book publications
* Author of over 100 published, peer-revised scientific articles
* Nationally syndicated radio show host
* World-renowned product formulator
* Travels 300+ days each year speaking on behalf of Youngevity distributors

Oh boy. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

What, if I might ask, exactly is a peer-revised scientific article?

Does that mean he screwed up the over 100 published scientific articles he allegedly published so badly that his peers at the clown academy had to correct all his mistakes? :?:
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:From the notes on Dr. Joel Wallach:

* Author of the best selling, non-musical recording of all time, "Dead Doctors Don't Lie"
* Author of 14 major book publications
* Author of over 100 published, peer-revised scientific articles
* Nationally syndicated radio show host
* World-renowned product formulator
* Travels 300+ days each year speaking on behalf of Youngevity distributors
Hmmm. I wonder if his colloidal-mineral endorsement business is going down the toilet?
buck09
Quatloosian Baron of the Unknown Statute

Post by buck09 »

eew!!! Manboobs!

I’ll help them get more power at the Fed. - Ron Paul
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:From the notes on Dr. Joel Wallach:
The guy's a veterinarian. This may be a new low.

I wonder if he recommends feeding chocolate to dogs?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

wserra wrote:The guy's a veterinarian. This may be a new low.

I wonder if he recommends feeding chocolate to dogs?
Gee, Wes, if you'd just take the time to look at some of the 100 or so peer-revised scientific articles by Dr. Wallach, you wouldn't be so quick to disparage the guy. :D

For example...

7.) Wallach , J.D. , Degenerative Arthritis In A Black Rhinoceros

23.) Wallach , J.D. , Hand-rearing a White Rhinoceros

37.) Wallach , J.D. , Lumpy Jaw in Captive Kangaroos

38.) Wallach , J.D. , Induced Recumbency in a Camel

42.) Wallach , J.D., The Management and Medical Care of Goldfish

50.) Wallach , J.D. , Foot care for Captive Elephants

70.) Wallach , J.D. , Let’s Play Doctor

73.) Wallach , J.D. , Let’s Play Herbal Doctor

... to name but a few of his scholarly articles published.

a partial chronological list of biomedical research publications authored (in whole or in part) by Dr. Wallach

With Dr. Wallach's wide ranging medical background, it's no wonder that "Youngevity® is the only network marketing company to have an authorized FDA Health Claim. In fact, Youngevity® and Dr. Wallach have two authorized Health Claim Petitions through the FDA."
wserra

Post by wserra »

I took a quick look at their web site. Among the clearer observations:

(1) They write that
TRŪ Chocolate is sweetened with Xylitol. A natural sugar alcohol that is the nearest to sugar. Xylitol is believed to retard tooth decay bacteria, making TRŪ Chocolate safe for your dental health. While it does not raise blood sugar levels, Xylitol is used by the body to produce energy.
Xylitol is in fact a sugar alcohol, lower in calories than sucrose and therefore having less of an effect on blood sugar levels. But to say it has no effect is false, and dangerous to diabetics.

(2) The stuff is candy - maybe not as bad for you as other candies, but candy. Look at the label: one serving - 8 g, less than one-third oz - contains no nutrition to speak of. The highest DAR is 10% magnesium, then 6% iron, and less than 4% of anything else. A serving has 36 calories, or about 4.5 c/gm. That's about the same per gram as an Almond Joy or a Kit Kat. It's more than a plain cake or wheat doughnut. Source: CNN Food Central.

(3) The main site doesn't tell you how much the stuff costs - always a bad sign. However, distributors' sites do: $30 for a bag containing fifteen pieces. Each piece, you recall, is 8 grams, so the bag contains 120 grams, a little over four ounces. So the stuff costs nearly $8 per oz. Godiva truffles - for my money, the best chocolate readily available - are $70 for a 25 oz gift box, less than half the cost of Tru.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

wserra wrote:Xylitol is in fact a sugar alcohol, lower in calories than sucrose and therefore having less of an effect on blood sugar levels. But to say it has no effect is false, and dangerous to diabetics.
And not too good for Fido either. Don't feed the stuff to your dog.

According to Snopes, just three grams of Xylitol can kill a 65-pound dog, - Xylitol Danger

But I'm quite certain it's perfectly harmless to humans.

That aside, it apparently gives chocolate a weird taste. At least according to one former
purveyor of the product:
Many people simply do not like the taste and/or aftertaste of chocolate made with xylitol, and this may make this chocolate hard to market. (I previously worked with this chocolate and sent out many samples to prospects. But they weren't happy with the taste, and indeed I had a hard time keeping anyone on the team. I no longer work with any MLM chocolates.
Tru Chocolate Review

I don't think I'll spend $30 for a bag containing fifteen pieces of the stuff to find out whether or not the reviewer is lying.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I once laid some Tru Chocolate on a malignant tumor and it immediately leapt into the air with a rousing rendition of "Hello, My Baby".

This stuff is potent, I tell you.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Doc Bunkum wrote: 23.) Wallach , J.D. , Hand-rearing a White Rhinoceros
Dr Wallach might be a dirty rotten scoundrel. Still, hand-rearing a White Rhino is pretty cool.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.