"The Secret" Affiliate Program - Law of Attraction

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

justbreathedear

"The Secret" Affiliate Program - Law of Attraction

Post by justbreathedear »

Has anyone got any information on the affiliate program for "The Secret"?

Is there actually one run by the author or publisher of this crap? I have a friend deeply deluded by this thing, and it would warm my cockles to discover it's a Ponzi, so maybe, just maybe, I can bring her back down to Earth from Planet Kool-Aid.

Please tell me it's got a Ponzi attached...preferably one big enough to be investigated...make my day.
justbreathedear

Bob Proctor

Found it.
Here's the affiliate program associated with "The Secret".
Bob Proctor is a heavily featured "teacher" in the DVD.

Funny, his affiliate program is currently being "revamped" according to this page on his web site:

http://www.bobproctor.com/affiliateprogram.asp

Proctor sales pitch is called SGR Seminar, and he's even got a Mexican Riviera cruise coming up, who'da thunk? Gee, wonder why he decided to "revamp" the affiliate program? The old web page looks pretty standard...

Old version of Proctor's affiliate web page:

https://www.shopbobproctor.com/t-affiliate_teaser.aspx

Join Our Exclusive Two-Tiered Affiliate Program!
Already a member? Sign in here.
Why Join? We have an enormous and successful online affiliate program that works for YOU.
Here’s how the first tier works:

As long as you have e-mail or a website, you can share compelling products from the world of Bob Proctor with your friends, family and peers, while earning an aggressive 15% in referral fees for any purchases made through your special Affiliate “link.”

Then, we have a rare second tier for you, as well:

Then, when your people sign up as Affiliates to our program, you continue to earn 5% on purchases any of their people make … and so on … and so on … and so on.

It’s an ever-widening pool of peers, friends and family members that pay you for life (or as long as you choose to remain subscribed)!

What Do We Offer That Makes You More Money?

A rare, two-tier opportunity that simultaneously earns you 15% on initial referrals and 5% on those contacts referrals.
We have a ready-made opt-in daily message service that connects more than 130,000 people to our site.
We provide marketing text to you directly – we write it all for you! – to help you alert everyone in your list about special products and offers.
We provide an Affiliate website that’s chock full of optional banners and sales text on various products you might like to feature.
We pay you monthly on the 15th of the month, not quarterly as most affiliate programs do.
We provide monthly e-reports of your income, and you can view your statistics at any time.
Participation is Easy and Free!

Sign up for your free gift from Bob Proctor – an audio essay MP3 on “You & Money” – which begins the affiliate sign-up process.
When you receive your free gift in your e-mail, simply click the link in your “receipt” to complete your sign up for the Affiliate Program. (Note: If you are a resident of the United States ONLY, please fill-out the tax ID info as well. We need this so we can process payment to you on a timely basis!)
You will be given a unique affiliate login ID and all subsequent links you need to drive your own Internet traffic to BobProctor.com. This allows us to track sales and other activity on your account.
Share BobProctor.com products with your friends, family and peers.
As an Affiliate, you earn up to15% on directly connected referrals (people you sent to us directly through your links), then receive 5% on people that those initial people have, in turn, sent to BobProctor.com
Let’s Get Started!
Want to Join? Click here for your FREE GIFT from Bob Proctor now, a full-length audio essay Mp3 from Bob Proctor on “You & Money!”.
justbreathedear

Current Affiliate Site

Here's the current affiliate program sign-up, using the marketing designs from "The Secret". It's called "The SGR Program".

Could some LEOs please investigate!!
Oprah touted this thing (hopefully with no clue what she was advocating, but who knows), so a LOT of people could get hurt.

Of course, they have a whole package for a substantial fee, and the affiliate program is part of it and WAY down on the page buried in the text, but here's the outline:

http://thesgrprogram.com/special.php?a_ ... Sgod3VF6ZQ

An Instrument to Create Wealth

Instantly become a Premium Affiliate Member with an Opportunity to Create All the Wealth You Desire through our Affiliate Program
Special Bonus - Powerful Affiliate Marketing Tools

Everything You Need in this Powerful "One-Click" Affiliate Program

A powerful package containing everything you need to start your business developed by MindValley Labs. This package valued at $3000 is included in The Science of Getting Rich Premium Affiliate Program when you sign up today!

The Latest, Most Powerful Online Marketing Technology developed by MindValley

A complete Website branded under your name which you can use to promote The Science of Getting Rich and the Affiliate Program online or offline
Website is fully customizable - add your own sales copy, modify the graphics, change the look, add custom links to the menu - it's up to you.
An arsenal of the most effective marketing tools - Email Promotion Tools, Ezine Articles, Press Release Copy, Sample Blog Posts, Web Banners, Signatures, Forum Signatures, and Pop Up Code... just choose which to use.
Professionally Written, Marketing Ads, Email and Copy

A professionally written, optimized and tested sales copy - targeted at seminar buyers and people who wish to earn money with The Science of Getting Rich Affiliate Program
An automatic email autoresponder system to send free Science of Getting Rich lessons to your site visitors
All the Guidance and Help You'll Need to Make Sales

A powerful guide "How To Share the Science of Getting Rich"
You earn $500 for every first tier, and $250 for second tier sale. We'll automatically handle shipping, billing and payments.
Built in customer support - our team handles sales requests, orders, shipping and more. You never have to deal with ANY administrative work.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

It appears to be yet another "Give me a lot of money and I'll tell you how to get rich quick" scheme. You know, address in Arizona, incorporated in Nevada, that guy Proctor from Ontario - you get the picture.

I have a question for him, same as the others - If you have the secret to getting rich, why do you need my $2K?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
GoldandSilverEagles

Re:

Post by GoldandSilverEagles »

wserra wrote: I have a question for him, same as the others - If you have the secret to getting rich, why do you need my $2K?
I'm happy to answer on their behalf.
I have associated with some very wealthy individuals, and I can immediately tell by the very nature of your question that you are a financially broke individual. I'd venture to say that you live paycheck-to-paycheck, as do most Americans who are broke.

Now to answer your question, it helps to understand the wealth mentality of the rich. The rich, unlike broke middle-America, believe in diversity. They believe in having multiple streams of income. They believe in offering high quality products and services in the marketplace.

Now, if what they offer into the marketplace does not offer legitimate value, the marketplace will "vote" them out of business. They won't buy their products/services.

In the process, those who don't have the guts to do what "they" have accomplished generally end up envying them to the point of spewing fault finding ridicule. Amway Diamonds encounter that a*lot.

Years ago, Dave Severn, a very wealthy Amway Diamond, told me the following (paraphrased):

....I started my business in Boise, Idaho, and nowadays, when I go back for a visit, they call me "Lucky".

I tell them, "Your right, I am "Lucky". I'm lucky I wasn't lazy like you".
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Re:

Post by Arthur Rubin »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:
wserra wrote: I have a question for him, same as the others - If you have the secret to getting rich, why do you need my $2K?
I have associated with some very wealthy individuals, and I can immediately tell by the very nature of your question that you are a financially broke individual. I'd venture to say that you live paycheck-to-paycheck, as do most Americans who are broke.

Now to answer your question, it helps to understand the wealth mentality of the rich. The rich, unlike broke middle-America, believe in diversity. They believe in having multiple streams of income. They believe in offering high quality products and services in the marketplace.

Now, if what they offer into the marketplace does not offer legitimate value, the marketplace will "vote" them out of business. They won't buy their products/services.
But not before they fleece most of the sheeple. (Sorry, I know "sheeple" is a tax protester term. But it fits.)
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
GoldandSilverEagles

Arthur Rubin wrote:

But not before they fleece most of the sheeple. (Sorry, I know "sheeple" is a tax protester term. But it fits.)
What exactly do u mean by "fleece most of the sheople"?
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Arthur Rubin wrote:But not before they fleece most of the sheeple. (Sorry, I know "sheeple" is a tax protester term. But it fits.)
What exactly do u mean by "fleece most of the sheople"?
Because this is a pretty standard pyramid scheme, and that's how pyramid schemes work.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:What exactly do u mean by "fleece most of the sheople"?
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sheeple wrote: People who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their political leaders say or who adopt popular opinion as their own without scrutiny.
Hmmm. Not quite correct, sorry. What's the term for people who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their personal guru says?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
wserra

Post by wserra »

Arthur Rubin wrote:What's the term for people who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their personal guru says?
Cultists?
- David Hume
GoldandSilverEagles

Arthur Rubin wrote:
GoldandSilverEagles wrote:What exactly do u mean by "fleece most of the sheople"?
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sheeple wrote: People who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their political leaders say or who adopt popular opinion as their own without scrutiny.
Hmmm. Not quite correct, sorry. What's the term for people who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their personal guru says?
The term is "faith", and I believe the origin is "organized religion".

Actually I disagree how you are using "sheople" in this context.

I have been a follower and student of the 'law of attraction' science/movement for several years. I have a dozen or so books on the topic. Never have I ever read that I had to accept *anything* at face value, and I don't. I have the personality of a researcher, quantum scientist, meta physicist, physicist (you get the picture). I don't accept claims of loa without proof of how it works.

So to promote the idea that LOA advocates taking it on "faith" without questioning it, (as opposed to what "organized religion" preaches), is simply not true. Not to my experience any way.
GoldandSilverEagles

wserra wrote:
Arthur Rubin wrote:What's the term for people who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their personal guru says?
Cultists?
aka... organized religion.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Re: "The Secret" Affiliate Program - Law of Attraction

Post by Joey Smith »

MLM is fundamentally no better than selling crack on the streetcorner; yeah, you can make some money doing both.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
GoldandSilverEagles

Joey Smith wrote:MLM is fundamentally no better than selling crack on the streetcorner; yeah, you can make some money doing both.
Translation: I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but I wanna look smart/informed while acting like a smart ass.

Then tell me this Mr Joey: Why does the industry continue to EXPLODE, and do so legally, and on a worldwide level?

Do you believe the whole world is stupid outside of your uninformed/uneducated opinion?
wserra

Post by wserra »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:Then tell me this Mr Joey: Why does the industry continue to EXPLODE, and do so legally, and on a worldwide level?
Perhaps you could cite verifiable proof of that. Please be aware that the same companies which bray about signing up hundreds of thousands of new distributors in fact lose as many each year as they sign up. And I'm sure you'll agree that, even if a company signs up 1,000,000 new distributors, that figure is meaningless if 95% either make nothing or actually lose money. So I'm sure you'll include the mean earnings figures with your "analysis", to show that this "explosion" is proof of anything other than the pool of suckers upon the existence of which every pyramid scheme relies.
- David Hume
GoldandSilverEagles

wserra wrote:
GoldandSilverEagles wrote:Then tell me this Mr Joey: Why does the industry continue to EXPLODE, and do so legally, and on a worldwide level?
Perhaps you could cite verifiable proof of that. Please be aware that the same companies which bray about signing up hundreds of thousands of new distributors in fact lose as many each year as they sign up. And I'm sure you'll agree that, even if a company signs up 1,000,000 new distributors, that figure is meaningless if 95% either make nothing or actually lose money. So I'm sure you'll include the mean earnings figures with your "analysis", to show that this "explosion" is proof of anything other than the pool of suckers upon the existence of which every pyramid scheme relies.
It does not surprise me that a staunch cynic like yourself, (ie...one whom is cynical and habitually criticizes everything you touch,) would demand proof on something so easily verified.

List of Territories and Countries Where Amway
Operates (91 Total)
American Samoa
Anguilla
Antiqua
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Azores
Bahamas
Barbados
Barbuda
Belgium
Bermuda
Brazil
British Virgin Islands
Brunei
Canada
Canary Islands
Cayman Islands
Channel Islands
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Finland
France
French Antilles
French Guiana
Germany
Grenada
Greece
Guam
Guatemala
Guernsey
Haiti
Honduras
Hong Kong
Hungary
Republic of Ireland
India
Indonesia
Italy
Japan
Jersey Island
Korea
La Reunion
Macau
Madeira
Malaysia
Mexico
Monserrat
Namibia
The Netherlands
Netherlands Antilles
(Aruba, Bonaire,Curacao,
Dutch St. Martin, Saba,
St. Eustatius)
New Zealand
Norway
Palau Islands
Panama
People's Republic of
China
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Romania
Singapore
The Slovak Republic
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Lucia
St. Vincent
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan (Republic of
China)
Thailand
Trinidad and Tobago
Trust Territories of the
Pacific (Mariana,
Marshall, and Caroline
Islands)
Turkey
Turks and Caicos Islands
Ukraine
United Kingdom
United States of America
US Virgin Islands
Uruguay
Venezuela
Wake Islands

http://www.b-w-maschke.com/Neue_Dateien/i-mediUU.pdf

Btw...The FTC has ruled that Amway is not a "pyramid scheme".
wserra

Post by wserra »

That's proof of an "explosion"? Suppose that the list is ten countries short of last year's - is that still an "explosion"? Suppose Amway has two distributors in a few of those countries - is that still an "explosion"? Suppose the mean earnings of every distributor in every country on the list is $18.75/year - is that still an "explosion"?

I think I said it before - it's like trying to have a conversation with a first-grader. Once you get past Barney, there's not a lot of information.
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

According to the company stats, there are 3 million distributors and the 2008 gross sales figure was $8.4 billion. That means that the average gross sales per distributor was only $2,800/year. Factor in the distributors' overhead and the whopping big bite that the uppity-ups get in the form of bonuses, and the little guys in the field (an estimated 60% of whom are "inactive") are really getting screwed.
Demo.
GoldandSilverEagles

wserra wrote:That's proof of an "explosion"? Suppose that the list is ten countries short of last year's - is that still an "explosion"?
cynical speculative opinion #1
Suppose Amway has two distributors in a few of those countries - is that still an "explosion"?
cynical speculative opinion #2
Suppose the mean earnings of every distributor in every country on the list is $18.75/year - is that still an "explosion"?
cynical speculative opinion #3
I think I said it before - it's like trying to have a conversation with a first-grader. Once you get past Barney, there's not a lot of information.
Translation: I'm really uninformed while trying to look intelligent and informed, aka 'summary of an cynic's mentality'.

Tell ya what 'barney', it's easy to criticize and speculate, (and most cynics like yourself do,) and I don't waste my time fielding idiotic speculation.

I'm not putting you down, I'm calling a 'spade a spade'.

B4 I waste any further time with you and your idiotic/cynical speculations verify your cynical speculative opinion 1-3, and then we might **begin** to have an intelligent debate.

However I have my doubts whether an 'intelligent debate' is possible with a cynical/dysfunctional/anti-social/egotistical personality such as yourself.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:That's proof of an "explosion"? Suppose that the list is ten countries short of last year's - is that still an "explosion"?
cynical speculative opinion #1
Suppose Amway has two distributors in a few of those countries - is that still an "explosion"?
cynical speculative opinion #2
Suppose the mean earnings of every distributor in every country on the list is $18.75/year - is that still an "explosion"?
cynical speculative opinion #3
Translation: I'm really uninformed while trying to look intelligent and informed, aka 'summary of an cynic's mentality'.

Tell ya what 'barney', it's easy to criticize and speculate, (and most cynics like yourself do,) and I don't waste my time fielding idiotic speculation.

I'm not putting you down, I'm calling a 'spade a spade'.

B4 I waste any further time with you and your idiotic/cynical speculations verify your cynical speculative opinion 1-3, and then we might **begin** to have an intelligent debate.

However I have my doubts whether an 'intelligent debate' is possible with a cynical/dysfunctional/anti-social/egotistical personality such as yourself.
I guess it's easier for you to label something as "cynical speculation" than it is to refute it with actual facts...
Demo.