Fortitude Investing, SC DD

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Fortitude Investing, SC DD

Post by wserra »

And how did Citibank manage to get a $6500 judgment against you last October? Why couldn't you just pay them?

And why should anyone trust financial advice from someone who just completed a required course on "personal financial management" a month ago? And whose liabilities exceed his assets by a ratio of 5:1? Who owes the IRS $160,000 over the last four years? Who has multiple judgments against him totalling well into six figures?

Most of all, why should anyone trust financial advice from someone who is dumb enough to raise his profile with toothless threats of defamation lawsuits when he has these kinds of skeletons in his closet?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

And, what part of going to a State's Attorney General or Securities Division, or cooperating with law enforcement to stop any scam, makes an assumption bordering on slander?

A viable and legal entity would welcome any attempts at eliminating scams in their industry.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Eastern District of Virginia (Richmond)
Adversary Proceeding #: 09-03127-KRH

Assigned to: Kevin R. Huennekens
Lead BK Case: 09-31741
Lead BK Title: Roger Allen Gregory
Lead BK Chapter: 7
Show Associated Cases

Demand: $36000
Date Filed: 06/09/09
Nature[s] of Suit: 13 Recovery of money/property - 548 fraudulent transfer

Plaintiff
-----------------------
Keith L. Phillips represented by Keith L. Phillips
PRO SE

Keith L. Phillips
311 South Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23220
(804) 358-9400
Email: keith@pf-law.com
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

V.

Defendant
-----------------------
Anne G. Thompson represented by Anne G. Thompson
PRO SE

Brett Cooper represented by Brett Cooper
PRO SE

Fortitude Investing, LLC represented by Fortitude Investing, LLC
PRO SE

Filing Date # Docket Text

06/09/2009 1 Adversary case 09-03127. Complaint against Anne G. Thompson, Brett Cooper, Fortitude Investing, LLC (Fee Amount of $250 is Deferred) filed by Keith L. Phillips. (Attachments: # 1 Adversary Proceeding Cover Sheet) Nature of Suit: (13 (Recovery of money/property - 548 fraudulent transfer)) Associated Bankruptcy Case Number: 3:09-bk-31741 (Epps, Augustus)

06/09/2009 2 I certify that I am trustee in this case and have filed 3:09-ap-3127, as trustee; that the estate is without funds for payment of the required fee in the amount of $250.00 and the money on deposit in the debtor's estate is presently less than the fee for this Complaint; and, this deferral was not initiated by a creditor. I hereby defer payment of this filing fee until the conclusion of the case and the determination that there is any estate realized. A deferred fee (liability) shall be disclosed in the trustee's final report (Re: related document(s)
1 Complaint filed by Keith L. Phillips) Filed by Keith L. Phillips on behalf of Keith L. Phillips (Phillips, Keith)

06/10/2009 3 Summons and Notice of Pre-Trial Conference. Summons Issued to Brett Cooper Answer Due 7/10/2009; Fortitude Investing, LLC Answer Due 7/10/2009; Anne G. Thompson Answer Due 7/10/2009 (Re: related document(s) 1 Complaint filed by Keith L. Phillips) Pre-Trial Conference set for 7/15/2009 at 09:00 AM at Judge Huennekens' Courtroom, 701 E. Broad St., Rm. 5000, Richmond, Virginia, (Seward, Thurlo)
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Here's the complaint on the above Fortitude Investing fraudulent conveyance case:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/fortitude1.pdf
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The docket for the civil case with link to complaint:

U.S. District Court
District of New Jersey [LIVE] (Camden)
CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:09-cv-00757-RMB-KMW

LNJ ENTERPRISES LLC v. FORTITUDE INVESTING LLC et al
Assigned to: Judge Renee Marie Bumb
Referred to: Magistrate Judge Karen M. Williams
Cause: 28:1332 Diversity-Other Contract
Date Filed: 02/19/2009
Jury Demand: Plaintiff
Nature of Suit: 190 Contract: Other
Jurisdiction: Diversity
Plaintiff
LNJ ENTERPRISES LLC represented by HARRIS NEAL FELDMAN
SCHNADER, HARRISON, SEGAL & LEWIS, LLP
WOODLAND FALLS CORPORATE PARK
220 LAKE DRIVE EAST
SUITE 200
CHERRY HILL , NJ 08002-1165
(856) 482-5222
Email: hfeldman@schnader.com
LEAD ATTORNEY
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

V.

Defendant
FORTITUDE INVESTING LLC

Defendant
BRETT COOPER

Defendant
LORD TRADING LTD

Date Filed # Docket Text
02/19/2009 1 COMPLAINT against FORTITUDE INVESTING LLC, BRETT COOPER, LORD TRADING LTD ( Filing fee $ 350 receipt number 2399638.), filed by LNJ ENTERPRISES LLC. (Attachments: # 1 Civil Cover Sheet, # 2 EXHIBIT A, # 3 EXHIBIT B, # 4 EXHIBIT C)(dw1, ) (Entered: 02/23/2009)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/fortitudeciv1.pdf

02/19/2009 3 Corporate Disclosure Statement by LNJ ENTERPRISES LLC identifying NONE as Corporate Parent.. (dw1, ) (Entered: 02/23/2009)

02/23/2009 2 Summons Issued as to FORTITUDE INVESTING LLC, BRETT COOPER, LORD TRADING LTD. Days Due - 20. (dw1, ) (Entered: 02/23/2009)
05/18/2009 Magistrate Judge Karen M. Williams added. Magistrate Judge Joel Schneider no longer assigned to case. (th, ) (Entered: 05/18/2009)
MrMister

Post by MrMister »

I read through the postings and the only name that caught my eye was "Russell D. Lewis" who I suspect is the same individual who was involved in scamming money out of our company and another Orange County, CA entity. I would like to compare notes with this group to see what if anything can be done.
MM
Barrylane

Post by Barrylane »

My brother In-Law almost got involved with this Allen Gregory guy claiming he could get him a Stand-By Letter of Credit for an International deal. The guy seemed to know the lingo, but seemed to be more interested in the up-front fee to move forward. I'm not sure how this renting of SBLC's work, but I am sure there would have to be liquid funds in an account for a bank to sign off on it. Besides, his Term Sheet looked very unprofessional and it barely listed the terms. He did get some kind of submission form from Unit Funding Solutions to do the deal, which I thought was strange since that guy claims he is with "Commercial Capital Ltd that does SBA to Small Balance Commercial and some Acquisition and Development." I researched that company and they don't do any Stand-By Letters of Credit. This struck us to be very strange especially now that this Palalay guy threatens to sue anybody with slander that puts him involved with this FII-Ltd company of Allen Gregory, of which they do seem connected in some form or another. Now I read that Demostenes and wserra call him out after his long legal rant and this guy is now surprisingly silent. He threatens others with legal action, but doesn't want to risk Demo and wserra digging deeper. Now I find that very curious. These guys obviously have his number and he must be afraid for them to dig deeper. I sure don't want to piss those guys off. Luckily, my brother In-law was wise and didn't get involved with either company.
Barrylane

Post by Barrylane »

Oh my goodness. I just Googled both Allen Gregory and Hector Palalay with the word bankruptcy included and these guys both filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy early this year. If these guy's can't manage their own affairs how can they give financial advice to anyone else. Now I am so glad my family stayed away from these guys. Thank the lord for the Internet.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Barrylane wrote: If these guy's can't manage their own affairs how can they give financial advice to anyone else.
And on cold, gray December morning another baby child was born in the Quatloos.....
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
MrMister

Post by MrMister »

Due Diligence - That remains the name of the game.
Russell D Lewis (RDL) and Rebecca Cruse were recommended. While we were in the process of doing our due diligence, some money actually exchanged hands.
Russell Lewis (RDL) took it and ran!!! We are just glad he is only a scam artist and a thief - and not a greedy scammer or else he would have made off with a whole lot more money.

Mr.M
bondgrrl

Post by bondgrrl »

Mr. Mister...

I wondering if you and I are dealing with the same Russell D Lewis. Can you describe him to me?

The one I know presented me with an "opportunity" that required just a small investment that would be returned to me within 10 days.

At the end of the 10 days there were excuses, delays, reasons, etc that we should leave the principal to "grow."

I let it go, since he was looping me into other "work" and I didn't put anything in that I couldn't afford to lose. Nothing ever came of anything.

When a major thing didn't happen, my feelings that he was full of shit were pretty much confirmed. There were always excuses.

So I barraged him with voicemails, emails, and txt messages, citing the email receipt of the principal and the original agreement. It took me a month, but I got every dime back.

During that month I did a bit of digging and found a forensic auditor who was involved in an investigation of him, as well as the contact of the FBI agent and US attorney general handling a current case involving him and Brett Cooper, who, by the way, is a felon.

Feel free to PM me if you want the contacts, or if you are just looking to find him to get your money back.
MrMister

Post by MrMister »

Hello Bondgrrl. The RDL I have come to know is a scammer and is very good at it.
I have pictures as well as several groups of people who have been swindled by him. My blogs and postings are to simply warn others - but it is always nice to hear stories of how people have managed to foil his scheme.
Please feel free email me at: MrMister@me.com.
Regards
Sam
drinkstixinc

Post by drinkstixinc »

ANY INFORMATION ON RUSSELL D LEWIS OF BEVERLY HILLS CALIFORNIA WOULD BE HELPFUL
I THINK I MAY BE A VICTIM .LOTS OF PROMISES AND STORIES AND NOTHING GETS DELIVERED
PLEASE HELP .
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Were you possibly speaking about this Rebecca Cruse?

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/north- ... 045/92312/

Thats a nice little bit of change.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
MrMister

Russell D. Lewis, aka RDL

Post by MrMister »

Since my initial posting, I have received several dozen emails asking/verifying if this is the same person or not......
If you are reading this post prior to giving him any money, you are lucky and be forewarned that this guy is a criminal and a swindler. His stories are right out of an Ian Flemming novel and he is a master swindler. I have names/addressess of everyone I have ever spoken with in hopes that someday FBI will come knocking on my door to verify and get in touch with all the people Russell D Lewis / RDL has conned.
If you have any doubts - please feel free to email me.
Rat River Trapper

Post by Rat River Trapper »

Copy of the complaint against Fortitude LLC, et al, as filed in US District Court in New Jersey in 2009. My suggestion would be to contact the complainant or the complainant's legal counsel for additional information.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/fortitudeciv1.pdf