Brown trial, Part 2

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Brown trial, Part 2

Post by Demosthenes »

The government said they will rest tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: Brown trial, Part 2

Post by Demosthenes »

Demo.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

So, I have to know, what was in the elevator shaft?

Jimmy Hoffa?

DB Cooper?

Ron and Nicole's real killers?

18 1/2 minutes of previously erased audio tape?

Osama Bin Laden?

Ed's dirty underwear?

We depend on you to get the FACTS JJ, not tease us with questions like this. I have a bad heart, and the stress may be bad for me. Shame on you.

I guess I'll have to see if Scoop got the scoop.

in all seriousness, great stuff, can't wait for the book!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The witness had to shut up to avoid violating a Bush II security order regarding revealing the true location of all the missing WMDs.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Nikki wrote:The witness had to shut up to avoid violating a Bush II security order regarding revealing the true location of all the missing WMDs.
Can't be that, those are kept in the back room at NWO Illuminati World Conspiracy and Oppression Headquarters, in Argillite, Kentucky.

silly....
Last edited by Gregg on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Not to be a spoilsport, but I suspect that the evidence about what was in the elevator shaft was excluded for lack of (what I think is called) a foundation.

In other words, regardless of what was in the elevator shaft, and regardless of whether it was scandalous or mundane, the government couldn't show that Ed or Elaine put it there, so it was not admissible.

We'll find out what it was once the trial is over, but for now it's a distraction.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

What is rationalwiki and how did I get two blog entries there???

http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/RationalWi ... osphere%3F
Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:What is rationalwiki and how did I get two blog entries there???

http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/RationalWi ... osphere%3F
Ah, looks like that was done by "Tmtoulouse," who is also a Wikipedia editor and I think someone who, if I recall, has posted here in the Quatloos forum. Tmtoulouse has helped from time to time in keeping the tax protester ravings out of Wikipedia (tax protester ravings almost by definition violate the basic rules of Wikipedia, including Verifiability, Neutral Point of View, and No Original Research).

EDIT: I've heard of RationalWiki, but I can't remember much about it.

EDIT 2: I checked, and yes, tmtoulouse joined Quatloos in August of 2008.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

A term I've never seen before: "pseudolaw."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Luxury control room, with a big screen showing a map of the world, a fur covered easy chair and big fluffy cat.

Alligator pit.

Sex dungeon.

Minotaur.

Gigantic ball of string.

Moonlit grotto where fairies and unicorns were frolicking.

Interdimensional portal.

The Holy Grail.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
tmtoulouse
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by tmtoulouse »

Yes, I am here. I am primarily a "lurker" here, although I think I have posted a few times. I follow the various threads and cases here regularly as part of a general interest in fringe belief systems.

The Brown case is a good "hook" for people that might find this topic interesting, whereas cases like Hendrickson might be a little to jargony/specific to start off with. RationalWiki has a user base that I think would find a lot of this interesting, and many aren't too aware of it yet. So that's why I was linking over to your blog. The second link to the "where are they now" post was because that is just an amazingly salient piece and deserved some special recognition.

Anyway, that's the where and why of the links.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:Blog updated:
Thanks, as always, Demo. Perhaps one day - if the Endless Editing Process ever does end - you'll see a return on your efforts.

Anyway, you wrote:
The jury hasn’t heard any of the big splashy threats made by both Ed and Elaine over the months, but perhaps the government is waiting to introduce that evidence as part of their rebuttal case.
I doubt it. No experienced trial lawyer waits for rebuttal to introduce anything important, because there may not be a rebuttal that the court (which has virtually complete discretion in that area) permits. I think it more likely that the govt feels it doesn't need it, and has concerns about potential issues from offering them. If push came to shove, they are probably admissible, but discretion is frequently the better part of valor. Or perhaps the govt will offer them today, last in its case. But "waiting for rebuttal" is too dangerous a strategy with something you think you need.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

wserra wrote:I think it more likely that the govt feels it doesn't need it, and has concerns about potential issues from offering them. If push came to shove, they are probably admissible, but discretion is frequently the better part of valor. Or perhaps the govt will offer them today, last in its case.
I think they'll come in today. I *think* they need to present at least some evidence about the purpose of the conspiracy, though I'm certainly no lawyer. There were a few threats presented to the grand jury.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Thanks, tmtoulouse! I think you and I have chatted on MySpace before. :wink:
Demo.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

So what was in the elevator shaft? Certainly there has to be at least one loose-lipped agent at the trial who will talk (or, if not, then waterboard one).

Where did Ed intend to hide out inside the compound?
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Certainly there has to be at least one loose-lipped agent at the trial who will talk (or, if not, then waterboard one).
Webhick has interns working on it I think.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Joey Smith wrote:So what was in the elevator shaft? ...
Assuming what we have learned about Ed is true, he believed the compound would eventually be assaulted, probably with tanks, chemicals, artillery, missiles and eventually tactical thermonuclear weaponry.

Maybe they believed they should have a place to hide such that the assault team would find an empty house that the Browns could then escape from after the invaders went away.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Joey Smith wrote:So what was in the elevator shaft? ...
Assuming what we have learned about Ed is true, he believed the compound would eventually be assaulted, probably with tanks, chemicals, artillery, missiles and eventually tactical thermonuclear weaponry.

Maybe they believed they should have a place to hide such that the assault team would find an empty house that the Browns could then escape from after the invaders went away.
You'd think that with all those Great Military Minds surrounding the Browns, one of those Field Marshal-wannabes would have come up with an exit strategy... unless what they REALLY craved was a Glorious Death upon the barricades.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I would assume that the elevator shaft had, or led to, some sort of stash of provisions, ammo, and the like, of such condition that it would be traceable to Ed & Elaine, which would show an expectation of a major explosion, etc.

Has the jury been told of Ed & Elaine's plan that Ed should kill her, hide in the bunker, let people think he was killed in the explosion, and then miraculously resurrect himself???
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

fortinbras wrote:I would assume that the elevator shaft had, or led to, some sort of stash of provisions, ammo, and the like, of such condition that it would be traceable to Ed & Elaine, which would show an expectation of a major explosion, etc.

Has the jury been told of Ed & Elaine's plan that Ed should kill her, hide in the bunker, let people think he was killed in the explosion, and then miraculously resurrect himself???
I didn't know the plan was that elaborate, or if Elaine even knew of it, but I was curious if it came up at trial that at least one plan was for Ed to kill Elaine...