Brown trial, Part 2

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
ErsatzAnatchist

Re: Brown trial, Part 2

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

I spent the morning and early afternoon with Scoop and Demos at the trial. Today was a major day.

We found out what was in the elevator shaft.

Also, Ed Brown testified.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:I spent the morning and early afternoon with Scoop and Demos at the trial. Today was a major day.

Court tease.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:I spent the morning and early afternoon with Scoop and Demos at the trial. Today was a major day.

And......?????

you bastard.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Also, Ed Brown testified
Oh my, can't wait to hear that....if they would have had TV coverage in the courtroom, they would've interrupted coverage of Micheal Jackson's Funeral
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

For those of you who want to ruin the ending, a news story on Ed's testimony.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/ ... S-90707016

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD999NN400

For those of you that do not, I will not post on here and you can all wait for Demo.

I will say this: it is not clear if it was Ed or his STRAWMAN who testified today...
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Has his strawman been given a mental evaluation?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ErsatzAnatchist

cynicalflyer wrote:For those of you who want to ruin the ending, a news story on Ed's testimony.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/ ... S-90707016

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD999NN400

For those of you that do not, I will not post on here and you can all wait for Demo.

I will say this: it is not clear if it was Ed or his STRAWMAN who testified today...
It was Ed. :wink:
mutter

Post by mutter »

Why? Why would you all spend part of your day on someone youve declared a nut case? did you really spend vacation time on this or do you get paid for it?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

cynicalflyer wrote:For those of you who want to ruin the ending, a news story on Ed's testimony.
I haven't checked the indictment or the statutes in question, but I'm not sure that Ed's testimony does him much good even if believed.

For example, the claim that he didn't intend to hurt anyone might not be relevant to the explosives charge. If constructing an explosive device is a crime, it might not make any difference whether the device was constructed to kill or just to scare.

Similarly, the charge of obstructing federal officials might apply regardless of whether the explosives were intended to injure or just to scare away the marshals. Either way, the intent was to impede, which is a crime.

I'll wait to hear from Demo before commenting further.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

What a day...
Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:What a day...
Oh, come on. What could possibly have happened today?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

grixit wrote:Has his strawman been given a mental evaluation?
The guy is a walking, talking "abnormal psychology" textbook case--he has more complexes than a dog has flees...Narcissism, megalomania, exploitative, lack of empathy, arrogance, histrionics, irritability, etc.. I just hope the handcuffs are heavy duty.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:What a day...
Here we go again.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ErsatzAnatchist

mutter wrote:

Why? Why would you all spend part of your day on someone youve declared a nut case? did you really spend vacation time on this or do you get paid for it?
I did it because I enjoyed it. I have a personal interest and something of a professional interest (from the point of view as a sometimes trial lawyer). Besides, I got to sit with the ever charming and lovely Demos and Scoop.

I don't get vacation time as I own my business. I just played hooky from the office. I admit I did not plan on staying as long as I did, but when Ed was called as a witness, I had to stay.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

mutter wrote:Why? Why would you all spend part of your day on someone youve declared a nut case? did you really spend vacation time on this or do you get paid for it?
At the risk of the obvious - you're obviously not a writer. :wink:

Trust me, there is no substitute for being there when it comes to recounting events in a significant trial. Most news coverage has little background depth which means the reporting sometimes misses important issues completely. (I've seen some "coverage" of civil cases that borders on outright advocacy for one side or the other and there are stories stuffed if the outcome sheds a bad light on certain companies.) Docket entries and submitted documents tell only a part of the story and can even be misleading. Transcripts are not only horribly expensive, they're sterile and don't reflect nuances that are necessarily excluded from the record and the jury.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:We found out what was in the elevator shaft.
I bet it was either Ed's strawman that was in the shaft or his straw doll.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

So, what was in the elevator shaft?
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Joey Smith wrote:So, what was in the elevator shaft?
Tan M&Ms.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Taxmole

Post by Taxmole »

I'm a long-time intermittent lurker, but I wanted to thank Demo for the reporting on this trial. Very interesting. I was unaware of this whole sub-culture until a while ago when I friend of mine asked me if paying taxes was really "voluntary". She'd seen something on You Tube. As a corporate tax attorney I didn't know what she was really talking about, since I'm pretty sure she wasn't using "voluntary" in the same way that I was using "voluntary". So I appreciate having this as a resource. So, thanks all.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Taxmole wrote:I'm a long-time intermittent lurker, but I wanted to thank Demo for the reporting on this trial. Very interesting. I was unaware of this whole sub-culture until a while ago when I friend of mine asked me if paying taxes was really "voluntary". She'd seen something on You Tube. As a corporate tax attorney I didn't know what she was really talking about, since I'm pretty sure she wasn't using "voluntary" in the same way that I was using "voluntary". So I appreciate having this as a resource. So, thanks all.
Welcome to Quatloos!
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.