Brown Trial, Part 3

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Melted Rabbit

Re: Brown Trial, Part 3

Post by Melted Rabbit »

LPC wrote:The website "Show Us the Inherent Law" (http://questforfairtrialinconcordnh.blogspot.com/) finally posted a new entry yesterday, first in more than a month, and it's not about Ed and Elaine.
I'm bored, and I feel like making a pun, but would that site be more better named "Show Us Nothing Incoherently"?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Melted Rabbit wrote:I'm bored, and I feel like making a pun, but would that site be more better named "Show Us Nothing Incoherently"?
More appropriate to be named "Show Us Nothing Coherent".
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Others have said it, and I want to say it as well: All Americans (including especially Ed and Elaine Brown) are indebted to United States Marshal Stephen Monier and the other officials who handled the long standoff so well back in 2007. These latest verdicts this week, in my mind, reiterate that the law enforcement personnel handled the standoff in a professional and prudent way. We owe them our thanks.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

And here's a link to the latest version of this week's story in the Concord Monitor by one Margot Sanger-Katz:

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... /907100303
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

In fact, this is all rather sad. What we have ended up with here is a couple in their late 60's who are going to spend the rest of their lives in federal prison. And there was literally no need for it. Elaine made a good living. They owned real estate. They could have paid their taxes and led a comfortable life and retirement. Ed could have indulged his survivalist fantasies and fortified the hell out of their house and collected assault rifles. All they had to do is pay the same taxes their neighbors paid. And they even had lots and lots of chances to avert this result once they were into it. If they had coughed up the money before the first trial ended they would still be living at home and Ed could still be moaning about the 'evil' zionist illuminati and everyone would have thought they were weird but they would still be home. But despite all advice they absolutely insisted on defying the government even though if they had any sense at all they must have known how it would end up. And so it has. Very sad.

And even sadder is that there seems like there is an endless line of suckers waiting to follow this road of misery into prison and poverty. Like a couple we have posting on this board now.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Famspear wrote:And here's a link to the latest version of this week's story in the Concord Monitor by one Margot Sanger-Katz:

Did you happen to catch Joe Haas's drivel in the "Comments" section?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
Famspear wrote:And here's a link to the latest version of this week's story in the Concord Monitor by one Margot Sanger-Katz:

Oh, I had indeed missed that.

Definitely some sort of vitamin deficiency there. Or maybe he's in dire need of some psychotropic substances to calm him down.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Duke2Earl wrote:If they had coughed up the money before the first trial ended they would still be living at home
And perhaps that would have happened if their "friends" hadn't egged them on by praising them as "freedom fighters" - from the safety of the sidelines. I realize that this is a pet peeve, but I've seen it live. People like the Browns are emboldened by allowing these dolts to deceive them into believing that they are part of a movement. Then, of course, the "supporters" fade into the woodwork and disappear. Or take the Fifth. Or (like Haas) come up with feeble excuses as to why they can't help more. To the point where they won't even show up in court.

If there is justice in the universe, they will join the Browns in reaping what they sow.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Famspear wrote:

Definitely some sort of vitamin deficiency there. Or maybe he's in dire need of some psychotropic substances to calm him down.
I think "A Kangaroo Court and a Mushroom Jury" would be a great title for a children's book.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Famspear wrote:

He needs a case of Billy Beer.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The fascination (at least on our part) with the Browns and their ilk isn't shared among the majority of the population. Unless you're somehow involved in a legal practice or more specifically, tax matters, what happened over the last few days up there in New England was a minus on the news Richter scale.

Hint: Press releases from the IRS or DOJ aren't the answer.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
wserra

Post by wserra »

Nikki wrote:She is a firm believer in the primary sovereignoramus precept: Never let facts get in the way of your conclusions or bigotry.
reenie thinks that Scoop is a CIA agent.

I guess your cover is blown, Scoop. It was a good thought, though. Who would ever believe that a New Hampshire newspaper reporter was an agent?

BTW, before reenie blew your cover, were you making any progress infiltrating "Al Qaeda in New Hampshire"? I guess we can publish this picture of you undercover now:

"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

wserra wrote:
Nikki wrote:She is a firm believer in the primary sovereignoramus precept: Never let facts get in the way of your conclusions or bigotry.
reenie thinks that Scoop is a CIA agent.

No. She doesn't -- at all.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

No comment on my overseas, undercover assignments.

For those who have wondered what all this stuff looked like, the marshals kindly let a Monitor photographer into their operations center yesterday. Several shots are online here:

http://cmonitor.mycapture.com/mycapture ... ubAlbums=0

The photos captured are a mix of surveillance shots from during the standoff, mug shots, and evidence pictures from the Browns' house and the homes of Jason Gerhard, Reno Gonzalez, Danny Riley and Bob Wolfe at the time of their arrests--and some news clippings and web trivia for good measure.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Wow, Scoop scooped Demo!
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Blog updated.

http://www.redcrayons.net

Famspear, check your PM box.
Demo.
Nikki

What's next for E&E?

Post by Nikki »

Let's start with Elaine.

Despite her other failings, she's a competent dentist.

I wouldn't be surprised if she resumes her career in the dental clinic of whatever prison BOP determines.

I also wouldn't be surprised if, after a few false starts, she abandons her UCC / Sovereignoramus / Patridiot views and spends her remaining years as a quiet, productive prisoner -- eventually working her way up to a relatively low-security environment.

Heck, she might even get some form of work release program to do dental work in local free clinics.

Now for Ed.

Ed is unlikely to die of old age in prison. He hates too many things and hates them too blatently. Face it, Ed does not play well with others unless they slavishly agree with and fawn upon him.

Ed has only two chances of survival in prison:

1 - Shut up, keep a low profile, and work hard to follow all the rules -- both BOP and inmate.

2 - Align himself with one of the strong caucasian gangs in the prison and rely on them for protection.

I don't see him capable of doing either.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I'm fairly certain the BOP doesn't let inmates practice dentistry.

I'm also fairly certain that, because the length of her prison sentence makes her an automatic flight risk, Elaine will never be transferred to a lower security prison than her current medium security facility.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes wrote:I'm fairly certain the BOP doesn't let inmates practice dentistry.
Arguable from both sides, but still a waste of a resource and a waste of a way to wean her back to reality.

I'm also fairly certain that, because the length of her prison sentence makes her an automatic flight risk, Elaine will never be transferred to a lower security prison than her current medium security facility.
Flight risk -- agreed. She's already demonstrated a penchant for disregarding confinement conditions. However, since she won't have Ed to run to and her family and true supporters probably have too much sense to harbor her in flight, she's got no where to go.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I'm fairly certain the BOP doesn't let inmates practice dentistry.
Arguable from both sides, but still a waste of a resource and a waste of a way to wean her back to reality.
She's a convicted felon. Her license to practice dentistry is history. Besides, her license lapsed in 2008.

Name: ELAINE A BROWN, DMD
License No: 02272 Profession: Dental License Type: Dentist
License Status: Lapsed Issue Date: 5/23/1988 Expiration Date: 4/30/2008
Flight risk -- agreed. She's already demonstrated a penchant for disregarding confinement conditions. However, since she won't have Ed to run to and her family and true supporters probably have too much sense to harbor her in flight, she's got no where to go.
It doesn't matter. The BOP relies on formulae. Any sentence longer than 10 years = flight risk = medium security prison or greater.

It's why Madoff will end up in a medium security prison even though his crimes weren't violent and he'll likely be a model prisoner.
Demo.