Don't get scammed by Igomogul

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
deborahallen

Don't get scammed by Igomogul

Post by deborahallen »

I'm a 54 year old woman, my husband was laid off work 6 months ago and we are living off of our savings. I wanted a work at home income because of my health so I started checking what was out there.
I was contacted by Igomogul to start a work at home website. They promised that for $199.00 they would design a website for me and they had been authorised by Google to use AdSEnse and Analytics to generate traffic to my website. They claimed to be a pay per click business and they would ad links from other Igomogul websites so that people from those websites would click on my ads. They also wanted me to use something called Postzilla to write reviews. They said there was a 90 day money back guarantee.
After signing up I saw a news report from the Federal Trade Commission about work at home scams so I checked the internet, sure enough Igomogul was one of these scams. There was further information that Google does not authorise any company to use their progras in this manner and Google is working with the FTC to discover and prosecute companies like Igomogul.
I asked for my money back and even though it was only 2 weeks since I signed up for their services they told me there were no refunds.
Since then I have learned that Igomogul registered my domain in my name, however Igomogul has control and ownership of the domain so it is worthless to me.
I filed complaints with IC3 (FTC, FBi, White Collar Crime) as well as Arizona BBB and Arizona Attorney General's fraud unit. The Attorney General's fraud unit contacted Igomogul and sent me a letter stating that they did not settle "personal disputes" I did not want them to investigate a personal dispute, I wanted them to investigate a fraud.
RyanMcC

Re: Don't get scammed by Igomogul

Post by RyanMcC »

deborahallen wrote:I'm a 54 year old woman, my husband was laid off work 6 months ago and we are living off of our savings. I wanted a work at home income because of my health so I started checking what was out there. I was contacted by Igomogul to start a work at home website.
How did they contact you? Via phone, email? How did they recieve your contact information? Did you visit their website and request for them to contact you?
deborahallen wrote:They promised that for $199.00 they would design a website for me and they had been authorised by Google to use AdSEnse and Analytics to generate traffic to my website.
Did they use the phrase "authorised by Google to use AdSEnse and Analytics to generate traffic to my website" or is that your paraphrase?

Adsense puts ads on your site so you get paid if someone clicks them. Analytics tracks visitors to your website. Neither of them "generate traffic", and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't need special permission from Google to help set those up for anyone.
deborahallen wrote:They claimed to be a pay per click business and they would ad links from other Igomogul websites so that people from those websites would click on my ads. They also wanted me to use something called Postzilla to write reviews.
Okay.
deborahallen wrote:They said there was a 90 day money back guarantee.
Do they make that claim on their website or just on the phone? Were there conditions on the money back guarantee?
deborahallen wrote:After signing up I saw a news report from the Federal Trade Commission about work at home scams so I checked the internet, sure enough Igomogul was one of these scams.
Where did you see this news report from the Federal Trade Commission? On TV or the internet? Do you have a link?
deborahallen wrote:There was further information that Google does not authorize any company to use their progras in this manner and Google is working with the FTC to discover and prosecute companies like Igomogul.
I agree that Google doesn't particularly authorize someone to help setup up a google adsense/adwords/analytics account for someone. However, to the best of my knowlege Google would have no problem if a company helped someone do this. I am a bit confused about this part. Do you have a link to more information on this?
deborahallen wrote:I asked for my money back and even though it was only 2 weeks since I signed up for their services they told me there were no refunds.
Did they provide the service they offered? What was your reason for asking for your money back? Did they state they didn't have a money back guarantee at that point or that you didn't qualify?
deborahallen wrote:Since then I have learned that Igomogul registered my domain in my name, however Igomogul has control and ownership of the domain so it is worthless to me.
If you hired them to setup a website I'm pretty sure you expected/requested them to register the domain name for you.

In fact if they said "register the domain name and point the nameservers to ns1.something.com & ns2.something.com". Would you know how to do that?

Have you requested they transfer the domain name to you? If they gave you the authorization code to transfer the domain name to yourself would you know how to do it?
deborahallen wrote:I filed complaints with IC3 (FTC, FBi, White Collar Crime) as well as Arizona BBB and Arizona Attorney General's fraud unit. The Attorney General's fraud unit contacted Igomogul and sent me a letter stating that they did not settle "personal disputes" I did not want them to investigate a personal dispute, I wanted them to investigate a fraud.
Frankly, given the details you have provided thus far I would have to agree with them. It does sound more like buyers remorse on your part than a fraud on their part. You have so far failed to clearly state what they promised to you that you didn't receive.

Searching the internet you can find a few complaints against this company. I probally wouldn't choose to do business with this company based on those complaints. Your complaint however was the least convincing thus far (no offense).

Good luck resolving your issue.
deborahallen

Post by deborahallen »

My husband had an ad on Craigs list for work and they got our phone number from that.
Yes they used the words "authorized by Google to use AdSEnse and Analytics to generate traffic" I did not paraphrase that.
The money back gaurantee was if I was not happy with thecompany or website at any time during the 90 days.
The FTC story was on CNN as well as on the FTC site.
Google allows a company to use their programs IF the company does NOT charge for the use of Google programs. Igomogul charges to place these programs on your site and if you don't pay the monthly hosting fees then Igomogul removes the Google programs from you website.
I called Godaddy 3 times and was told that as long as Igomogul had the log on, password, PIN and account number I could do nothing with the domain name. Two months after fighting with Igomogul they gave me the information and I called Godaddy again and was told that as long as Igomogul had the hosting files they could delete, change, or add content to the website and I had no control over this.
"a few complaints" ? Apparently you have not searched the web as well as you think you have. All of the complaints are exactly the same as mine.
As for buyers remorse, you have that right I'm really sorry I fell for this scam and it is a fraud.
If it were not a fraud then why did DOJ ask for a copy of one of my complaints?
D.R.Shaw

Igomogul scam, scam, scam

Post by D.R.Shaw »

Scam, scam, scam!!!! Igomogul says they pay you to write reviews then talk you into paying for them to make a website, but its all a scam. The only thing they give you in writing is a stupid contract to make the website they don't give you a contract or anything in writing about being paid to write reviews. If you ask for them to send information on what they pay you for and how much they ignore you. All their promises about earning money is a lie.
If they call you ask for them to send you a written contract to read first. If they make promises that all you have to do is sign their work order first, don't do it. The work order justs talks about making a website it doesn't say anything about earning money.
Ask if they have a monthly charge, because they don't tell you anything about that when they call.
Don't give them your credit card information fo the $199 start up fees when they call.
The founder of this company, Reza Akhavan, lives in England, and he is Iranian so its an international mess trying to get law enforcement to investigate these con artist.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

"deborahallen" and "D.R.Shaw" post from the same IP, and thus are in all likelihood the same person.

People who do this should understand that this sort of nonsense weakens what you have to say. If you have a legitimate point to make, you don't need to try to buttress it by dumb trickery like sockpuppets.

Are you a competitor of "Igomogul"? Maybe they're not so bad after all.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
deborahallen

Post by deborahallen »

I've had enough of these scam artist! I want to see them out of business and make their work at home scam public. Today is Sept. 9th and on Nov. 1st I want to mail a package of complaints to 3 on your side at AzFamily, so they will do a news story.
Send me copies of e-mails and any other communications you have had with Igomogul as well as a letter explaining your experiance with them, and I will include all the information I receive when I mail the package.
Deborah Allen
17057 Zanita Tr
Anderson, Ca
1-530-357-2214
Please feel free to copy and paste this on any other forums or boards that have complaints about Igomogul.
The only way to get the legal system to pay attention is if we work together and make them listen!
Also I love the way Igomogul employees go around trying to discredit people posting compaints by making up whatever they feel will allow Igomogul to continue their practices. My "IP" is a Walmart dial up internet provider so I would hazard a guess that a few more people might be using it.