Swami Juice (Zrii)

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Re: Swami Juice (Zrii)

Post by Doc Bunkum »

The legal types on this forum will probably appreciate the latest legal maneuvers by Farley.

Zrii owner fighting back

Conspiracy » Lawsuit claims Utahns part of plan to ruin company.

The owner of the network marketer Zrii LLC has lashed out with a scatter-gun legal strategy against former employees and distributors who left the company or were terminated after a failed bid to buy the company amid allegations of gross mismanagement.

Zrii has filed three lawsuits -- in Utah, Delaware and California -- against 56 people outlining what owner and CEO Bill Farley claims was a broad conspiracy to either buy the company on the cheap or ruin it. Farley also is alleging that a competing California-based multilevel marketer of nutritional supplements, LifeVantage, was part of the conspiracy.

A lawsuit filed in 3rd District Court in Salt Lake City names 49 former employees who resigned after the executive management team and top distributors were unsuccessful in trying to force out Farley and buy the company from him. Since then, others resigned or were terminated by Farley. Some who resigned have filed claims with the Utah Labor Commission, alleging Farley had not paid them for bonuses or unpaid leave when they left.

Brent Asay of the commission confirmed that his agency is investigating the claims.

The lawsuit asserts that those being sued in Utah "have made improper demands ... with the Utah Labor Commission."

Farley and his attorneys declined comment on the lawsuits and the legal strategies behind them.

The three lawsuits also mean that Zrii is facing legal bills for at least three teams of lawyers at
a time when the former executive management team says the company is strapped for cash.

Things blew up at Zrii on Feb. 2 when top managers and distributors presented Farley with letters demanding his resignation. They accused him of bringing the company to the brink of failure by taking personal loans on Zrii funds, using company funds for personal expenses, failing to pay vendors and for an arrogant style that alienated employees. They also claimed that Zrii, on Farley's orders, failed to pay sales taxes in various states.

In the lawsuit filed in California, Zrii alleges LifeVantage schemed to bring Zrii distributors over to that competitor.

Both companies engage in multilevel marketing, also known as direct marketing, in which distributors recruit other distributors, then get a commission on each sale to their chains of "downlines."

In mid-February, LifeVantage announced that several top former Zrii executives and distributors had joined that company. Zrii is asking for at least $75 million, saying the California company was touting its poaching of distributors in order to inflate its stock price.

"LifeVantage believes the recent lawsuit filed by Zrii Inc. is baseless and without merit and was filed in an attempt to interfere with LifeVantage's business, as well as to intimidate our independent distributors," spokesperson Jan Strode said in an e-mail. "We had no contact with any former Zrii distributor or employee until it was well-known that these individuals were either terminated by Zrii or decided to leave the company."

In Delaware, the Zrii lawsuit names former top managers and distributors, accusing them of "plotting a scheme to take control of the company through illegal and deceptive means," according to a company news release.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I realize, of course, that "wellness" MLMs like Zrii make all sorts of laughable claims for the powers of their ridiculously overpriced fruit juice. Still, this one deserves some kind of award:
Cure Your Hemorrhoids
100% Natural Cure for Hemorrhoids
Zrii Juice - Possibly the Most Effective Nutritional Drink in the Market Today
I'm unwilling even to guess at the mechanism they'd claim for that one.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

wserra wrote:I'm unwilling even to guess at the mechanism they'd claim for that one.
Probably soak your ass in a bowl of the stuff.

Only problem I see with that is going through life looking like a Rhesus monkey.

Still, the stuff must be pretty amazing...
Coming from the engineering world when I meet someone with test equipment, we find people willing to be human guinea pigs and put Zrii to the test. We have seen Zrii on a Cardio Beam (tests for beginning of arteriosclerosis), EEGs, Biofeedback, and a host of other equipment and physical tests. In every test after taking Zrii all have shown improvement in the body's function after only fifteen minutes.
wserra

Post by wserra »

You gotta see this. But look fast, I'm not sure how long it will last.

I've been ranting (well, it passes for ranting) about "Dr" Susie Gudakunst's scam cloned websites going up like mushrooms. Well, Zrii is doing it too, but they blew it on this one. This bogus "review" begins with the profound question,
Zrii, is it the latest and greatest Hosmer, SD Double Wide Manufacture and nutritional juice supplement on the market?
Run that by me again - "Hosmer, SD Double Wide Manufacture"? You mean it's not just a ripoff fruit juice, but also a mobile home? I guess so, since they continue
Zrii is lead by a team of direct sales, network marketing and business professionals with a vast background of experience. The company is Arlington, ND Manufactured Homes Financing ... It is recommended that you Clyde Park, Montana Modular Home Communities 1-3 ounces a day
"1-3 ounces a day" of mobile home isn't very much, right? I mean, at that rate you may own one by the next millenium. The big windup:
Zrii Scam Review Conclusion: Zrii is not a scam. This is a real business that can promote health and wellness as well as provide income for those that are South, SD Mobile Homes Financing for an opportunity. However, Zrii is a network marketing company that requires large numbers of Dixon, MT Manufactured Home Florida to create success within.
How can anyone argue with that - in order to succeed with Zrii, you need lots of Florida trailers.

They take cookie-cutter text, search and replace cookie-cutter words, create cookie-cutter web sites, and pretend it's a real "review". And they all do it. Anyone who believes any of this shit is an incredible tool.
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

That's definitely worth a screen capture to save for future reference.

Any mathematical types, like say a chartered accountant, might like to take a gander at the new Zrii Compensation Plan.

I defy anyone to make sense of that.

Why do they have to make these things so complicated anyhow?

I suspect the reason is so they can skim money off whats rightfully due to a distributor and they'll never be the wiser.

After all, it must cost a fortune to keep that ZRII bus rolling down the highway.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

wserra wrote:You gotta see this. But look fast, I'm not sure how long it will last.

I've been ranting (well, it passes for ranting) about "Dr" Susie Gudakunst's scam cloned websites going up like mushrooms. Well, Zrii is doing it too, but they blew it on this one. This bogus "review" begins with the profound question,
Zrii, is it the latest and greatest Hosmer, SD Double Wide Manufacture and nutritional juice supplement on the market?
Run that by me again - "Hosmer, SD Double Wide Manufacture"? You mean it's not just a ripoff fruit juice, but also a mobile home? I guess so, since they continue
Zrii is lead by a team of direct sales, network marketing and business professionals with a vast background of experience. The company is Arlington, ND Manufactured Homes Financing ... It is recommended that you Clyde Park, Montana Modular Home Communities 1-3 ounces a day
"1-3 ounces a day" of mobile home isn't very much, right? I mean, at that rate you may own one by the next millenium. The big windup:
Zrii Scam Review Conclusion: Zrii is not a scam. This is a real business that can promote health and wellness as well as provide income for those that are South, SD Mobile Homes Financing for an opportunity. However, Zrii is a network marketing company that requires large numbers of Dixon, MT Manufactured Home Florida to create success within.
How can anyone argue with that - in order to succeed with Zrii, you need lots of Florida trailers.

They take cookie-cutter text, search and replace cookie-cutter words, create cookie-cutter web sites, and pretend it's a real "review". And they all do it. Anyone who believes any of this sh*t is an incredible tool.
What is also great is that those italicized terms of the website are hyperlinks to PDFs of homes/mobile homes from Centennial Homes.
wserra

Post by wserra »

And the mysterious Zrii-trailer connection is multiplying. It's alive!

I particularly like this site's admission that
Zrii is lead by a team of direct sales, network marketing and business professionals with a vast background of experience. The company is based out of Pawnebraskae City, Nebraska Singlewide Moble (sic) which is no surprise
I mean, I'm not surprised that their great "team" with its "vast background" works out of a single-wide in beautiful downtown Pawnebraskae City. That's about what I expected.
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Scientific Advisory Board- Research Update, February 2009
02/12/09

The Zrii Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) is excited to begin sharing the initial results from a series of recent studies conducted on Zrii. These relate to the positive impact of the product on four primary physiological areas*

* Bio-availability at a Cellular Level
* Oxidative Stress Protection
* Mitochondrial and Immune Protection
* Anti-Inflammatory Activity

The tests were conducted on living human cells by an independent, award-winning research laboratory. We will summarize initial findings below and supply the completed research later in the month....
Haven't had a chance to read through all this scientific sounding mumbo-jumbo, but they sure have a lot of it listed on this link - Research.

(Love to see what Wes makes of this gibberish. :lol: )
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Zrii broke three seventy-year-old mlm industry
records in only it's first quarter of operation!

Well, at least that's what they're claiming.

Google that phrase and you'll get a pile of sites proudly stating that "fact".

Which three 70 yr old records they broke they don't spell out though.

But doing the math, 70 yrs ago would be 1939, I believe.

Was MLM even around in 1939? :?:
wserra

Post by wserra »

The latest in Ayurvedic wisdom: it's good for dogs, so it must be good for you.

I did wonder why I had this urge to chase my tail, though.
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

OFFS!
This is one of our favorite Zrii Testimonials. Dr. Rob’s 15 year old Shepard mix, Samantha, couldn’t get off the floor. After a little Zrii… she was chasing squirrels.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

I am a little late to this thread but I was curious about the reference to Pawnebraskae City, Nebraska above. I used to live in Nebraska and had never heard of the city before so I googled it and, among others, found another reference to the 'place' at http://brittney7237209.fetishphonebabes ... ing-plans/.

There were quite a few others along a similar vein. BTW, when I searched for Pawnebraskae City, Nebraska on Bing, the only two links it found were on Quaaloos!

I'm just too tired (trans: lazy) to see what the hosting information reveals. That's what I get for covering for one of my employees on my normal day off.

Cheers, all!
Blup

Post by Blup »

Sometimes I think that a good 50% of all economic activity is people being scammed out of their money.
wserra

Post by wserra »

And the coveted (and always hotly-contested) "MLM Gibberish of the Month" award goes to . . . Zrii!
Zrii - Unilevel Dynamically Compressed 9 levels with 3 Legs, NO breakage, due to Dynamic organic herbs wholesale Compression.
Much better than the usual retail Compression.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Want to try something amusing?

In this video, two of Zrii's house doctors give a fawning account of a lunch they had with Deepocket. Compare that with the scene from Caddyshack in which Bill Murray describes his encounter with the Dalai Lama.

Big hitter, the Lama.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

The latest from the Department of Meaningless Nonsense (Zrii Division): One "T. Emory, Ph.D., Nutrition" supposedly went to PubMed (the huge and frequently very useful NIH database of 17,000,000 medical abstracts) and made a list of the number of hits Zrii ingredients got, and then some Zrii flack posted it as though it proved something. For all the reader knows, those articles conclude something on the order of "Amalaki - orange juice at 500 times the cost".

Here's my version of the "study": wserra (Ph.D., B.S.) found 60.9M google hits for "Britney Spears" and only 259K google hits for "Zrii". He concludes that Britney Spears is therefore over 200 times better for you than Zrii.
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

wserra wrote:Here's my version of the "study": wserra (Ph.D., B.S.) found 60.9M google hits for "Britney Spears" and only 259K google hits for "Zrii". He concludes that Britney Spears is therefore over 200 times better for you than Zrii.
I tried similar reasoning in an exchange I had with Lenny.

My version was this:
Really?

I just ran a search on Google with the string "Len Clements is gay" and got 246,000 hits.

I then ran the search with "Doc Bunkum is gay" and got 4,480 hits.

So according to my math, that makes you 55X queerer than me.
Lenny, I might mention, didn't quite see it that way.
wserra

Post by wserra »

This article in Sunday's Times (may require free registration) caught my attention for a few reasons. The county sheriff of Winkler County - remote West Texas, JRB's neck of the woods - arrested two nurses at the county hospital for making an anonymous complaint to the state medical board obout a doctor there. From news accounts, it certainly seems as though the complaints were justified - sticking a needle into a patient's bone, sending a kid with appendicitis home without treatment, sewing a rubber piece of a suture kit onto a patient's finger. In addition, according to the complaint, the doctor was pushing some "herbal supplement" he sold on his patients. The sheriff and the doc, it turns out, were not only good buddies, but sold the same "supplement". The nurses were fired once their identities were discovered.

Well, I did some poking around, and guess what - the "supplement" was Zrii. I love what the defense says about it: "According to the defense, the main ingredient in Zrii is white grape juice and it sells for around $40 a bottle". I wonder if Deepockets knows.

Putting Zrii aside - easy to do, at $40/bottle - this is an outrage. The two nurses have filed a federal lawsuit; I hope they win big. Too bad they can't sue Farley.
- David Hume
Blup

Post by Blup »

good find, thanks for that.
wserra

Post by wserra »

As the Times reports today, the whistleblowing nurse was acquitted in less than an hour (the prosecutor had dropped the charges against the second nurse at the beginning of the trial). The first jury ballot was a unanimous acquittal.

Man, I would take that federal civil suit in a heartbeat. Hopefully , in addition to compensating the nurses, it will cost the doctor, sheriff and prosecutor all their jobs.

Hey, they can always sell Zrii. Don't you get rich?
- David Hume