Fraud Victim Tax Refunds

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
Theft Loss Ex[pert

Fraud Victim Tax Refunds

Post by Theft Loss Ex[pert »

Investment Theft Loss Experts, located in Tampa, Florida, is a firm specialized in fraud victim claims for refund benefits under IRS Section 165 (c)(2) of the Tax Code.

Investment Theft Loss Experts (ITLE) understands how difficult it is for a victim of investment fraud to trust someone they don't know; combine that with fear of the IRS and you have a situation where an actual tax benefit, designed to assist in recovery, is overlooked or sacrificed, or miscalculated; due to widespread unfamiliarity or lack of experience amongst many trusted, competent tax preparer's.

The loss of tax benefit is magnified with large losses that exceed income. Several changes to the law have occurred over the last year (2009); many have helped the victim, some disadvantage the tax payer.

We would be pleased to respond to any questions regarding the deductibility of losses against ordinary income (as opposed to Capital Gains income) under Section 165. Victims can expect to recovery between 10% and 35% of their losses through this tax code section.

Additionally, our website has a link where victims can ask questions, via e-mail, of a tax attorney.

Steve Mead
[phone number and signature redacted by moderator]
Last edited by webhick on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: De-Spammed.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Fraud Victim Tax Refunds

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I don't know that I want to see any firm advertising its services here, be they legitimate or not.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

What a great business :!:

Charge a 3% contingency fee to prepare a 1040X to report an investment fraud loss.

I thought there was a prohibition on contingency-fee tax return preparation.

Oh, never mind. I'm sure they don't operate as paid preparers, so they are invisible to the IRS.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

please remove the links and phone numbers, this guy has spammed half a dozen HYIP sites I read too.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Gregg wrote:please remove the links and phone numbers, this guy has spammed half a dozen HYIP sites I read too.
Done and done.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Theft Loss Ex[pert

webhick wrote:
Gregg wrote:please remove the links and phone numbers, this guy has spammed half a dozen HYIP sites I read too.
Done and done.
Wow! No one made a solicitation.

This tax benefit is almost universally overlooked.

Creating awareness on blogs isn't spamming.

We are invited to share information on blogs typically after others speak with us.

We've helped hundreds of people by creating awareness on blogs and forums.

We disseminate information for free.

There is no where in this forum to illustrate and discusses this tax benefit.

The rules of the forum did not prohibit the post or the information (yes I read them first);
and now one can be arbitrarily banned by opinion and anonymity

Are you sure you are all trying to help others on this forum?

Disappointedly,

(I redacted for you)
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

This is a scam forum, dumb dumb.

Are you debunking a scam? Are you promoting one?
Demo.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Theft Loss Ex[pert wrote:
webhick wrote:
Done and done.
Wow! No one made a solicitation.

This tax benefit is almost universally overlooked.

Creating awareness on blogs isn't spamming.

We are invited to share information on blogs typically after others speak with us.

We've helped hundreds of people by creating awareness on blogs and forums.

We disseminate information for free.

There is no where in this forum to illustrate and discusses this tax benefit.

The rules of the forum did not prohibit the post or the information (yes I read them first);
and now one can be arbitrarily banned by opinion and anonymity

Are you sure you are all trying to help others on this forum?

Disappointedly,

(I redacted for you)
That's funny, it sure as heck looked like a solicitation to me. To quote you:

"We would be pleased to respond to any questions regarding the deductibility of losses against ordinary income (as opposed to Capital Gains income) under Section 165. Victims can expect to recovery between 10% and 35% of their losses through this tax code section.

Additionally, our website has a link where victims can ask questions, via e-mail, of a tax attorney."

I can't believe that you are doing this out of the goodness of your collective hearts. And as far as your assertion that "(t)here is no where in this forum to illustrate and discusses [sic] this tax benefit," I can only echo what Demo said. Reread the categories, and you'll see that this is NOT a forum for general tax advice.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Theft Loss Ex[pert

Theft Loss Ex[pert wrote:Investment Theft Loss Experts, located in Tampa, Florida, is a firm specialized in fraud victim claims for refund benefits under IRS Section 165 (c)(2) of the Tax Code.

Investment Theft Loss Experts (ITLE) understands how difficult it is for a victim of investment fraud to trust someone they don't know; combine that with fear of the IRS and you have a situation where an actual tax benefit, designed to assist in recovery, is overlooked or sacrificed, or miscalculated; due to widespread unfamiliarity or lack of experience amongst many trusted, competent tax preparer's.

The loss of tax benefit is magnified with large losses that exceed income. Several changes to the law have occurred over the last year (2009); many have helped the victim, some disadvantage the tax payer.

We would be pleased to respond to any questions regarding the deductibility of losses against ordinary income (as opposed to Capital Gains income) under Section 165. Victims can expect to recovery between 10% and 35% of their losses through this tax code section.

Additionally, our website has a link where victims can ask questions, via e-mail, of a tax attorney.

Steve Mead
[phone number and signature redacted by moderator]
The intention was for others to post information requests on this forum. Which I would still invite others to do.

The "knee-jerk" reaction seems to be to always demonize our offer of assistance.

My apologies for trying to make a difference.

The moderator of this forum has my permission to completely remove this entire effort if they so choose.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Got it :!:

You want people to post "information requests" regarding recovering investment losses.

That way, you can communicate with them via the PM facility and refer them to YOUR site where you can charge them 3% of the amount they recover.

How about, instead, in response to any such "information requests," WE just post simple instructions for gathering the requisite data and organizing it into a 1040X (without giving specific legal or tax advice) and do it for FREE :?:

Would that achieve your underlying charitable motive, or is there actually more lying than underlying?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

The thread will stay where it is.

A quick google search on your name shows that you're a serial spammer.

http://www.419legal.org/investment-frau ... scams.html

Are you still working for JK Harris?
Demo.
Theft Loss Ex[pert

Demosthenes wrote:The thread will stay where it is.

A quick google search on your name shows that you're a serial spammer.

http://www.419legal.org/investment-frau ... scams.html

Are you still working for JK Harris?
Haven't been a part of that organization for over two years. And the link you've provided from two years ago taught the value of reading the forum rules; got redacted for self advertising.

As for simple instructions on how to file a 165 claim:

* Stay current with tax law changes
* Show Ownership of the Deduction
* Illustrate Privity (closeness)
* Scienter (intent to defraud)
* Efforts at recovery
* Prospect of recovery
* Year of Discovery (proper year for the deduction)
* Calculate the basis for the deduction and place correctly on IRS Form 4684
* Large losses that exceed income; calculate Net Operating Loss and make desired proper NOL election.
* Properly calculate the issues involved with a Net Operating Loss to maximize the benefit
* Then submit to the nation’s largest bureaucracy.
* If at all possible, try to avoid going the 1040X route and file with original tax return.
* At very least attempt to utilize the 1045 versus 1040X's

A Section 165 claim is intended to assist with recovery from a casualty such as theft. Since the deduction typically falls outside of many tax preparer's normal 'bag-of-business'; that fact, combined with the sanctions to tax preparers illustrated under IRS Circular Notice 230.....create a reality where the deduction is simply not utilized.

Moreover, Capital loss characterization (the preferred method by most tax preparer's) obscures the issue and perpetuates a continual missing of the theft deduction in subsequent years; or, gives rise to the assumption the loss cannot be re-characterized.

Over the history of the organization, Quatloos and "Diligizer" have been an excellent resource.

I see I probably should have posted this in the Tax area of this forum; seems to be a bit more accomodating for this discussion.

Never-the-less, whether contacting us directly of through forum posts, we always share as much as possible; some of this is simply too complex to cover over the phone and in forums (especially large losses).
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Actually, I believe that listing the "objective criteria" (or as much as is objective in the realm of dealing with the IRS) for a section 165 tax loss would have been appropriate in the Madoff forum, or in the tax practice and policies section, but without offering your assistance or contact information.

But I'm just the tax preparer who brought up the question there before the IRS provided guidance.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95