Ethos Environmental merges with Youngevity

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

fuelsaving

Ethos Environmental merges with Youngevity

Post by fuelsaving »

You may like to know that Ethos Environmental (current share price $0.13 - wow those guys are successful :lol: ) are merging with Youngevity, an MLM nutritional supplement company.

Youngevity was founded by one Dr Joel Wallach, who I believe has been mentioned a few times on these forums.

I suppose keeping all these people together in one place is safer for the community than having them separate...

More info: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ethos-Env ... l?x=0&.v=1
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Ethos Environmental merges with Youngevity

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

[quote="fuelsaving"]You may like to know that Ethos Environmental (current share price $0.13 - wow those guys are successful :lol: ) are merging with Youngevity, an MLM nutritional supplement company.

Youngevity was founded by one Dr Joel Wallach, who I believe has been mentioned a few times on these forums.

"Youngevity". That name conjures up a mental image of some ethically challenged, overly ambitious, smooth-to-a-fare-thee-well hustler in an expensive suit, trying to come up with a snappy name for his distinctly un-snappy product....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Does Ethos have any viable products? They sell green fuel suppliments is that really even something that can be sold? Do they exist?
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

bmielke wrote:Does Ethos have any viable products? They sell green fuel suppliments is that really even something that can be sold? Do they exist?
From their website, which is linked on Yahoo.

http://www.ethosfr.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=76
Ethos FR is a unique combination of high-quality, non-toxic, specially designed esters that uses only the elements of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. It significantly reduces emissions, fuel consumption, and engine maintenance costs. Ethos FR provides an immediate, cost-effective strategy for fighting air pollution caused by fossil fuels and the internal combustion engine. This combination of low molecular cleaning esters and the high molecular lubricating esters, reformulates any fuel whether it’s gasoline, diesel, methanol, ethanol, LNG, compressed natural gas or bio-diesel. When blended with fuels, Ethos FR reduces the emissions of hydrocarbons (HC), nitrogen oxides (NOx), carbon monoxide (CO), particulate matter (PM) and other harmful products of combustion. Yet, the emission of O2 is significantly increased. An EPA registered laboratory, confirms that Ethos FR is 99.99976% clean upon ignition and ashless upon combustion. Ethos FR is free of carcinogens.
I don't believe them what I bolded is what sells me to this being a fake. I do not believe anything could work across all those fuels. I just don't think it's possible.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

bmielke wrote:I do not believe anything could work across all those fuels. I just don't think it's possible.
It isn't. It actually doesn't decrease consumption in any of them.

And for the relative newcomers to this board who don't know Tony ("fuelsaving"), he has the best site in existence on this stuff.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

It's been years since I was last here, but FuelSavings was very instrumental in proving that Ethos was a giant scam. When I tell friends the outlandish claims that were made, they can't believe that anyone would believe nonsense like that. Nonetheless, at one time they had over 100,000 rabid distributors.

BTW, all founding managers including Enrique de Vilmorin were forced to resign from Ethos some time ago.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Looking at their claims about saving fuel, it appears that they have shifted gears (sorry). As Tony points out, they used to claim that EthosFR saved fuel by improving lubrication - something which seems quite unlikely and for which they offer no proof. They now claim (above link) that "Ethos FR makes fuel burn more efficiently". As Tony points out again, that is even more unlikely, since modern engines in good condition only emit 1-2% of input fuel as unburnt hydrocarbons. And again, of course, they offer no proof.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume