iceland/dead rich hubby

Talk about the Nigerian 4-1-9 scam in all its many variations, such as bogus checks sent from Nigeria to purchase used cars in the U.S. and many other variations of this scam.
tthan43

iceland/dead rich hubby

Post by tthan43 »

Anyone seen this new one I just received. Wish these MFers would find an honest way to make a living:
Hall, Danica
show details 3:29 PM (1 hour ago)

Dear Friend,
I am Mrs. Elizabeth Etters from Iceland, married to Late Engr Brown Etters {PhD} who worked with MULTINATIONAL OIL COMPANY EXXON AS A DRILLING RIG SUPPLIER in Kuwait for 19 years before he died on the 22nd August 2008. We were married for twenty four years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death, he deposited the sum of 2,142,728.00 US Dollars with a bank In Canada and this fund is presently with the bank awaiting my disbursement as beneficiary and next of kin to the funds. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a church, organization or good person that will utilize this money in good faith.
l took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money. I kept this deposit secret till date, this is why I am taking this decision. I don't think i will need any telephone communication in this regard because of the confidentiality of this transfer. Upon your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank. I will also issue a letter of authorization to the bank that will prove you the present beneficiary of this money. Reply to my very confidential email address below {lizzy_etters2@live.com}
Await your responds and God bless you.
Mrs. Elizabeth Etters
Email: lizzy_etters2@live.com
bmielke

Re: iceland/dead rich hubby

Post by bmielke »

tthan43 wrote:Anyone seen this new one I just received. Wish these MFers would find an honest way to make a living:
Hall, Danica
show details 3:29 PM (1 hour ago)

Dear Friend,
I am Mrs. Elizabeth Etters from Iceland, married to Late Engr Brown Etters {PhD} who worked with MULTINATIONAL OIL COMPANY EXXON AS A DRILLING RIG SUPPLIER in Kuwait for 19 years before he died on the 22nd August 2008. We were married for twenty four years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death, he deposited the sum of 2,142,728.00 US Dollars with a bank In Canada and this fund is presently with the bank awaiting my disbursement as beneficiary and next of kin to the funds. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a church, organization or good person that will utilize this money in good faith.
l took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money. I kept this deposit secret till date, this is why I am taking this decision. I don't think i will need any telephone communication in this regard because of the confidentiality of this transfer. Upon your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank. I will also issue a letter of authorization to the bank that will prove you the present beneficiary of this money. Reply to my very confidential email address below {lizzy_etters2@live.com}
Await your responds and God bless you.
Mrs. Elizabeth Etters
Email: lizzy_etters2@live.com
Sounds like a Nigerian scam, but usually they want you to act as a middle man I don't see that here. I take it you don't know this woman and have never been to Iceland? It is strange how she trusts her email- "Very Confidential".
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It sounds like it's trying to piggyback on the name of Tiger Wood's wife.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I particularly like the part where if you check the headers it almost always says multiple recipients. I just love sending abuse notices to LIVE, they jump all over them, one of the few things I will give kudos for to microsoft, they are absolutely vicious about spam and/or fraud, and using any of their isp's for it either sending or receiving.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Now I am on her sucker list (note the change of her husband's name and the recalculation of the money amount):

Pls Contact Email : (etters1(at)admin.in.th) ASAP!‏
Sent: Tue 2/16/10 8:57 AM
To: info(at)etters.com (info(at)etters.com)

I am Mrs. Shirley Etters married to Late Hamed Mustafa Etters, I have an uncompleted project valued at ( £ 1,400,528.00 GBP) and need you to help me finish it because of my health and present situation, everything to get this done is available. if interested please contact me via return message immediately to my private email: etters1(at)admin.in.th for further explanation.