Narc that Car www.narcthatcar.com

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

El Taquache

Narc that Car www.narcthatcar.com

Post by El Taquache »

Please! Not another one of these. Everyone is telling me this is a 'for real deal'. Please look at this site and be brutally honest. I know what this is. Seen it before, watched it burn to the ground and listen to the folks at the end of the chain swear it was the government who ruined a good thing.

Will someone other than me take a look and this website http://www.narcthatcar.com and tell the folks to hang on to their $100 and spend it on something more meaningful and will have a better chance of giving them a return (like lottery tickets of course :lol:).
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Narc that Car www.narcthatcar.com

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Is there really such a place as "Gunbarrel City, Tx"?

For that matter, even disregarding the compensation plan, is this legal? And why would anyone think that anyone would want the collected information?

4th edit[
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Can't even access that site, as it appears to be the world's worse HTML.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Arthur Rubin wrote:Is there really such a place as "Gunbarrel City, Tx"?

For that matter, even disregarding the compensation plan, is this legal? And why would anyone think that anyone would want the collected information?

4th edit[
Yes, there is. http://www.gunbarrelcity.net/site/page/ ... _Page.html
"My Health is Better in November."
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Prof wrote:
Arthur Rubin wrote:Is there really such a place as "Gunbarrel City, Tx"?

4th edit[
Yes, there is. http://www.gunbarrelcity.net/site/page/ ... _Page.html
That's Gun Barrel City, as confirmed both on the link you provided and at the Open Directory Project. "Gunbarrel City" could be a typo of sorts, but it doesn't add to the site credibility.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Oh, please. It's amazing how dollar signs on the brain can turn off common sense (not addressing you, Tacuache, but anyone who would sign up and pay these guys).

First of all, they have only two sources of the income it will require to make you rich. One is other suckers, er, distributors. The other is those people who would pay them for their info locating cars. Think about this for a second. While you are doing so, ignore the fact that there is no written information on their site, just a video. God forbid we should put something in writing.

There are hundreds of millions of vehicles in the US. Assume you are a repo man trying to find one of them. Consulting a group of folks who simply record random plate numbers - even assuming they report them correctly - can hardly be a promising prospect. Remember, a lienholder will have the home and business address of the owner of the vehicle. Moreover, what good will it do our repo man to know that last month the vehicle was seen in the parking lot of the Mall of the Americas? Their site doesn't list a single "lienholder" which has agreed to pay them a dime.

So we go the the other source of your future riches - other distributors. It costs $100 to sign up plus $300 a year to "maintain your web site", and your commissions (again, only described in a video) are based on how many new distributors you and your downline sign up.

Not surprisingly, the entire thing is a pyramid.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I'm sure their business plan has at least one answer for every question that comes to mind, but the single biggest flaw is the idea that the notification of the location of a license plate has anything to do with the ability of a repo operator to go get the alleged collateral/property.

The vast majority of people who are in that kind of trouble on their car loan don't have the resources to hide the vehicle other than to put it in a locked garage, and that is simply a temporary situation. In most jurisdictions, a reposcam operation can pounce anywhere and any time without regard to the circumstances. They will often work in conjunction with an abusive tote-the-note lender who victimizes the ignorant.

This has led to some seriously unfortunate situations, including children in repo'd vehicles and questionable handling of personal property, not to mention abusive charges for towing and storage.

I'd love to see the insurance policy that indemnifies the parties for a typo (or deliberate prank) that results in the tow of a vehicle for no legitimate cause.

Hmmm . . . let me guess. There isn't one.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:I'm sure their business plan has at least one answer for every question that comes to mind, but the single biggest flaw is the idea that the notification of the location of a license plate has anything to do with the ability of a repo operator to go get the alleged collateral/property.

The vast majority of people who are in that kind of trouble on their car loan don't have the resources to hide the vehicle other than to put it in a locked garage, and that is simply a temporary situation. In most jurisdictions, a reposcam operation can pounce anywhere and any time without regard to the circumstances. They will often work in conjunction with an abusive tote-the-note lender who victimizes the ignorant.

This has led to some seriously unfortunate situations, including children in repo'd vehicles and questionable handling of personal property, not to mention abusive charges for towing and storage.

I'd love to see the insurance policy that indemnifies the parties for a typo (or deliberate prank) that results in the tow of a vehicle for no legitimate cause.

Hmmm . . . let me guess. There isn't one.
There's a great Texas Court of Appeals -- El Paso case, that was, I think, appealed and affirmed by the Texas Supreme Court. The legal principle established is that repo agents are engaged in an inherently dangerous activity. Where there are inherently dangerous acts being performed, the person performing is -- as a matter of law -- never considered an independent contractor. Therefore, the normal law of principal-agent applies, and the acts of the agent create liability for the bank, lender, etc., for which the agent is acting.

The case involved a pregnant woman who hopped into "her" TransAm as it was being towed away by a repo guy; she locked the doors, and would not get out, so he took off thru the streets of "Old El Paso" [see Marty Robbins], with her in the car, swinging at the end of the tow boom. He pulled into the impound lot, dropped off the car, and left, locking the gate, and leaving her in the car. He then "let out the dogs." She spent some time trapped in the car in the El Paso heat until rescued. The lawsuit was duly filed, but, of course, the repo driver was alleged to be an "independent contractor," and he was judgment proof. The Bank was not.
"My Health is Better in November."
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

El Taquache wrote:Everyone is telling me this is a 'for real deal'. Please look at this site and be brutally honest. I know what this is. Seen it before, watched it burn to the ground and listen to the folks at the end of the chain swear it was the government who ruined a good thing.
It's the usual pyramid, with the bad, but sort of viable business idea, wrapped in compensation plans and neat titles.

Just for fun (I'm bored) I took a peek at the site with a "customers view". If I hold a lien to a car that is most likely in X, the thing that will get me interested is information saying that the "company" has Y representatives in the area, making Z unique reports every day, week and month.

Any well-played scam will at least try to give an impression that they have a product people outside the tribe will buy. This one fails even that, it's almost sad.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
wserra

Post by wserra »

The BBB's writeup on these guys is interesting:
On January 18, 2010, the BBB contacted Narc Technologies to request that it substantiate some claims made in its advertising. The BBB also requested that the company describe key aspects of its business model.

Specifically, the BBB requested that Narc Technologies substantiate the claim that the company is currently working with several major motor corporations, major banks, and major finance companies.

In response, the company explained that the advertising is inaccurate, and that the independent consultant making the claims is breaking company policies. Narc Technologies claims to be working to have the inaccurate claims discontinued.

Additionally, the BBB has asked the company to provide information regarding its compensation plan in order to determine that it's not functioning as a pyramid promotional scheme.

Specifically, the BBB is trying to determine if the independent consultant's primary source of compensation is through recruitment of additional program participants.

The BBB is currently awaiting further substantiation from the company.

The BBB warns consumers to be wary of participating in business opportunities that primarily derive compensation through the recruitment of other participants rather than through the sale of a product or service.

The matter is still pending.
Emphasis supplied. We've never heard an MLM blame those ridiculous claims on "rogue distributors" before, have we?

And I wouldn't advise the BBB to hold its breath.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

The BBB updated its page on these guys. They now have a rating of "F".
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
•Length of time business has been operating.
•6 complaints filed against business
•4 serious complaints filed against business.
•BBB does not have a clear understanding of this business.
•Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.
In an "industry" filled with dumb ideas used as thin cover for pyramids, this has to be one of the dumbest and thinnest.
- David Hume