Is it against the Law?

Discussion of a variety of scams, including dating service scams, cyber-currencies, and other frauds and scams.
dkt714

Commonwealth of Dominica

Post by dkt714 »

One of the Biggest Paid to Click Scams on the Internet...Bux.to is registered in the
Commonwealth of Dominica with Trade Mark #006810238(to avoid paying taxes).
The website owner and CEO is listed as David John Withers
This website has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars and possibly Millions from it's members
worldwide and continues to do so.
I ran accross a phone number for David John Withers - 213 233-9496 and found it to be a landline in Los Angeles California.
I contacted the Los Angeles County Police Dept earlier today and filed a complaint with them along with several other agencies that deal with Internet Fraud.
I am considering a Class Action Lawsuit against them and if anyone has any information other than what I have posted please contact me.
dkt714

Is it against the Law?

Post by dkt714 »

A Website called Bux.to has been found to have hidden their money in the Commonwealth of Dominica so they don't have to pay taxes.
Bux.to is registered in the Commonwealth of Dominica with the Trade Mark #006810238
They give their contact address as:8 Copthall,Roseau Valley,00152 Commonwealth of Dominica
I have found out that there are several websites that lists this same address.
This website has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars and possibly even millions from their members and continue to do so.
The owner and CEO of the site is a man named David John Withers
phone-213 233-9496 (reverse phone search found out the number is located in Los Angeles Califorina).
I have filed a complaint with the LAPD and several other Internet Fraud Websites.
I'm pretty sure that more than one person involved in this Crime but I am looking for any information I can find other than what is listed here.
I am considering filing Class Action Lawsuit against Bux.to

Thanks
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Is it against the Law?

Post by webhick »

The above posts were posted to both the "Tax Practice & Policy and Tax Shelters" and the "Offshore Scams Forum," but I took the liberty of merging them together and dumping them into the Misc. Internet Scams forum seeing as how PTCs are generally scammy.

ETA: Actually, they're pretty much all low-rent Pyramid schemes, so...there you have it.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Is it against the Law?

Post by webhick »

To expand upon my comment earlier about them being pyramid schemes...

From the FAQ:
We pay you $0.01 for each website you visit and $0.01 for each website your referrals visit. As premium member $0.0125 for each website you visit and $0.0125 for each website your referrals visit. There is no limit in the amount of websites you visit or referrals that you obtain. Your earning possibilities are virtually endless.
Bux.to is basically expending between $0.01 and $0.02 per visit (or $0.0125 and $0.025 if you and your referral are both premium members).

So how much does Bux.to charge for advertising on their site?

We charge $19.10 per 1,000 member visits and each visit will last at least 30 seconds. Outside visits are unlimited and included within the price. Bigger packages are given at discounted rates. You do not need an account to order, simply fill out the form and pay the fee.
So, the highest Bux.to sells their website visits for is $0.0191 per visit.

This pretty much means that if there's no referrals, Bux.to makes either $0.0066 or $0.0091 per visit. If there is a referral involved they lose between $0.0009 and $0.0055 per visit. And that's not even factoring those discounted rates given to bigger advertising packages.

And to think, that to bankrupt the company you need only have more members with active referrals than you have members without referrals! But then again, that's only if the people buying the ads are outside advertisers and not Bux.to members using the funds they've earned from Bux.to to buy ads to increase their referrals.

dkt, how much does it cost to be a premium member?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie