Enormous gift for nothing

A forum for posting "You have one the lottery" letters, and for asking whether the e-mail that your received is real (it isn't). Real lotteries do NOT advise winners by e-mail, and they do NOT require the payment of any fees up-front.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Enormous gift for nothing

Post by fortinbras »

Got this yesterday (June 6th). Don't recall any previous missive from this person:

COMPENSATION FOR YOUR PAST EFFORTS.‏
Sent: Sat 6/05/10 1:24 AM
To:

Dear Friend.

How are you? I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting the fund transferred under the co-operation of my new business partner from China. Although I tried to involved you in this deal, it was decided by all Might God. Presently I'm in China for investment projects with my own share of the total sum. I have limited access to internet but I will get back to you as soon I finished my project. Now I want you to contact my Pastor in Burkinafaso (rev_james2006(at)sify.com)

Ask him to send you a cheque with sum of $800,000.00 token gift which I kept for you as
compensation. I want you to know that I am giving you this money with all my heart so feel free to get in touch with my spiritual father and tell him where to send the cheque to. Please do let know immediately when you receive the money so that we can share the joy together after all the previous sufferance.

Regards,

Dr Peter grant.

Am I greedy enough to accept a gift of $800Gs when I never lifted a finger for this guy? Does the sun set in the west?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Enormous gift for nothing

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I wonder if the check will be for something more than 800K, with a request to wire back the difference....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Re: Enormous gift for nothing

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I wonder if the check will be for something more than 800K, with a request to wire back the difference....
Isn't that the way all legimate businesses operate?