Geneva Venture Capital Group/Supaswap

Stock and Bond Fraud, including Boiler Rooms / Pump and Dump Schemes, Mutual Fund & Hedge Fund Fraud, FOREX scams, plus Churning, Private Placements, Venture and Bridge Funding, IPOs, Viaticals Fraud, HYIP and Prime Bank scams, MTNs, Historical Notes, Recovery Schemes, etc. Includes the Jim Norman Project and the Michael Dotson Project and similar HYIP scams.
pere noel
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Geneva Venture Capital Group/Supaswap

Post by pere noel »

Geneva Venture Capital Group looks like a boiler room pushing stock in a company called Supaswap http://www.supaswap.com.
Anybody come across this?
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Geneva Venture Capital Group/Supaswap

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Are they pushing ADR's or are you looking to invest in the UK directly?

Looks like eBay for British youth. Interesting concept but I don't like the idea of pushing a MasterCard to kids as young as 13.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
pere noel
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by pere noel »

Call from boiler room received in Sweden offering unlisted stock.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

pere noel wrote:Call from boiler room received in Sweden offering unlisted stock.
This is of course neither legal nor investment advice, but before going any further I would contact the Supaswap folks in Great Britain and find out what their status is in regard to a private placement.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
pere noel
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by pere noel »

Thanks Judge. Am actually interested in who could be behind this as it looks like some others.
There are no names on the Supswap website; not a good sign.
smota

Post by smota »

Hi Pere

Do you have more information on GVCG. I was contacted too and my doubts are many, but what they are proposing is quite interesting.
Thanks
smota
pere noel
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by pere noel »

Smota,
This, unfortunately, has all the hallmarks of a scam, but of course it could be the deal of the 21st century! Let us know what happened if you decide to invest in it in it.
smota

Post by smota »

Pere noel, thanks for your replay. i was contacted in my company, by telephone from england by someone called alan palmer. They previously send me some newsletters from GVCG with general economic information, and the last one referred to supaswap with attached reports from Deloitte and others. After some research i couldn't find any reliable contact or information. The headquarters of GVCG, supaswap and banks were switzerland, seychelles, lietschenstein, and that's not a good sign for me. What do you think?
pere noel
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by pere noel »

GVCG does not exist: it is no more than a website. It uses a phone number in Geneva which is unlisted, to fool you into thinking it is in Geneva, most probably to relay calls coming from the boiler room which is, physically, somewhere else, eg Thailand, Hungary, Spain, or Portugal. If you call GVCG in Geneva all you will get is a message inviting you to send an email to GVCG.
If you need to know more why not call Deloitte and ask them about the report on Supaswap?
Good luck.
deca

Post by deca »

Hello
i'm new here
also i was contacted from Mr. Alan Palmer

Also i think it can be a good idea...but do you think ebay cannot do the same or create something similar to supaswap?
and is not well clear why here young people can swap or sell and not on the other site
why mastercard give only them this possibility

when i watched the financial data the "grow up" of company was good... everything was good years 1 2M$ - yars 2 8M$....fantastic 73% of ebit!!!! every year for 5 years!! incredible possibility of leverage!
but there was a problem a good businesplan is not only based on revenue and profit and ebit etc but also an explanation (absent) of asset, debts cash flow ...or better where money come from....!!!!

the taxes expected O !!!!beaceuse the company are based on seychelle!!!...it is not clear why i have to put money on a company in the seychelle that operates in UK europe USA!!
Argus

Post by Argus »

Also have a look at the Supaswap webpage. There is something fishy there. Almost no one bidding and the number of visitors is very unimpressive despite the fact that they have been "live" for 6 months. The same items have been on the home page for weeks now. And for the few items that have bids there is no date when the auction is supposed to end. No bid history etc. All the things that you find on Ebay and other auction sites. I get a feeling that it is an elaborate, but none the less, "dummy" site set up to lure people to invest. Also note that on the Supaswap webpages for investors (the adress given by GVCG) all information about contacts etc behind the page is protected by Domains by Proxy. That should ring a warning bell.
My take on Supaswap is that it is either a project that failed and now is used by boiler rooms or a complete scam from the beginning.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Point here folks, if they are soliciting from customers here in the US, it doesn’t matter where they are headquartered, located whatever, they HAVE to be licensed/registered with the SEC.

This isn’t a maybe or might have to be,
THEY HAVE TO BE REGISTERED, both with the SEC, and the state you live in, and they have to provide that registration to you before they ever talk about any kind of transaction. If you can’t verify them through their SEC registration, RUN don’t walk to the exit button and go some where else.

If they are shilling for some kind of investment/security, the security itself has to be registered with the SEC before they can even proceed, and it doesn’t matter where the business actually takes place either, and there are copies of that that have to be made available to prospective buyers before purchase. if those documents are available and verifiable through the SEC, again, RUN don’t walk to the exit button and go some where else.

Both the Brits, and the Swiss takes securities law very seriously, and if they are working out of either country, they will have to be licensed and registered there as well, so no record of the company in either country is not a good thing, and the corporations register in Switzerland at least is very easy to access. I haven’t tried GB in a while, but I am sure they have a central on line registry for this sort of thing.

And lastly, for crying out loud,
NO LEGITIMATE business does business through a mediocre website and a blind telephone number.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
pere noel
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by pere noel »

Gentlemen, thanks to all of you for your input. I think it can be safely concluded that this is a scam.
If any of you can seriously show who is behind this, and there some obvious candidates, please continue to post.