Peter of England: A REal guru.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by Llwellyn »

Welcome Woodworker!! :) and yes, there is just a weeeeeeee bit o reading to do.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

woodworker wrote:Finally, five solid days of reading after I became aware of this thread, I am caught up. Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah.
Are you the same woodworker from the Fogbow? Welcome to Quatloos (whether you are or aren't).
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
woodworker
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by woodworker »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
woodworker wrote:Finally, five solid days of reading after I became aware of this thread, I am caught up. Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah.
Are you the same woodworker from the Fogbow? Welcome to Quatloos (whether you are or aren't).
Yes, I be he. LIghtinDarkness introduced me to Quatloos a while ago and I have been lurking ever since - although I do post occasionally when I have had the opportunity to poke some of the RWNJ/et al in the eye. On one RWNJ site (I think it was NLA), when they asked why I posted there to criticize them, I responded to the effect that I was a bomb-throwing liberal (and damn fucking proud of it) saboteur who likes to cause trouble.

I was defending a deposition this morning and, in prepping the witness, I said that opposing counsel often likes to ask deponents if they were ever convicted of a felony. To put the witness at ease I said that if I was ever asked that question, my response would be "Convicted? No. What about arrests?
PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by PeanutGallery »

Having been spending some time reading the counter arguments on GOODF, the majority seem to take the view that if you are going to decry Peters scam you need to present an alternative theory.

This theory, can't for very obvious reasons be to pay your debts or to negotiate a payment plan, because that's not an acceptable solution (even though it is a tried and true method of extinguishing debt). They want a magical way out of their responsibilities and are more enticed by the fraudulent dream of Peter than the reality. So the problem is, you can't suggest the one way you know will work but you need to suggest a method that will work.

However the argument, that if you know this is wrong, you must be able to come up with something better is fallacious. For instance I know that if I see someone attempting brain surgery with a housebrick, the patient may not have a great chance of a successful recovery. I know that it won't work. But that doesn't mean that I could recommend the tools or procedures to enable a successful surgery. I simply have the sense to know what won't work and to discount it.
Warning may contain traces of nut
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

I like the surgery-with-a-brick analogy.

The GOOFy position (as held by SalliNae, Robswift, standman, etc) is, "Don't knock my fantasy unless you have a better one to replace it."

Against that position, arguments about how the world really works are pointless. But they may help fence-sitters to make the sensible choice, or at least realise what they are getting into.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

At the meetings the suckers form an orderly queue with their brown envelopes full of sterling notes & discuss successes with one another. I almost spilt tea on my iPad!!!!1!!!! Check out numbskull Gatlin's post. I wonder if Peter opens the envelopes there & then & stuffs the notes in his swag bag coz I'd be tempted if i was a goofer to present a LEGAL cheque & see what Petey boy's reaction would be. :thinking:
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... YPuNXCkqrU
Bones

Post by Bones »

What happened to Peter and 'spit or swallow' - I have not heard anymore about these
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Bones wrote:What happened to Peter and 'spit or swallow' - I have not heard anymore about these
He met the right sort of girl?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

PeanutGallery wrote:Having been spending some time reading the counter arguments on GOODF, the majority seem to take the view that if you are going to decry Peters scam you need to present an alternative theory.
Debtor: The trail down from this mountain is too steep and treacherous. The guides say i have to maintain my concentration; i can't eat twinkies while climbing down.

Peter: Hey, all you have to do is jump off the cliff over there! And you can continue enjoying all the twinlies you want.

Quatloos: Don't jump off the cliff, you'll die! Everyone who's ever tried it ended up dead!

Peter: Wrong, 3 people jumped just last week and so far there have been no reports that they died.

Quatloos: That's what you said about all the jumpers before them, and then the reports came in and you pretended you'd never heard of them.

Sally, Bert, et al: Stop being so negative! If you're going to decry Peter's method, you have to present an alternative one!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

grixit wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:Having been spending some time reading the counter arguments on GOODF, the majority seem to take the view that if you are going to decry Peters scam you need to present an alternative theory.
Debtor: The trail down from this mountain is too steep and treacherous. The guides say i have to maintain my concentration; i can't eat twinkies while climbing down.

Peter: Hey, all you have to do is jump off the cliff over there! And you can continue enjoying all the twinlies you want.

Quatloos: Don't jump off the cliff, you'll die! Everyone who's ever tried it ended up dead!

Peter: Wrong, 3 people jumped just last week and so far there have been no reports that they died.

Quatloos: That's what you said about all the jumpers before them, and then the reports came in and you pretended you'd never heard of them.

Sally, Bert, et al: Stop being so negative! If you're going to decry Peter's method, you have to present an alternative one!

Now if only Peter was selling Hang gliders...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

or capes.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Or Twinkies.

(Do you have Twinkies in the UK?)
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

No. We don't have Twinkies (well some places import them from America, but they aren't that popular).
Bones

Post by Bones »

Looks like Bertie Bert must have tried to pay for his internet access with a WeRe cheque, he hasn't posted to support PoE (under that user name anyway) for a couple of days.

I wonder if he going to hide himself away and let the dust settle over the mess that is WeRe bank, like he did with the last fake bank that he promoted which crashed and burned
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

It makes you wonder just how many posters on goofy are in on the scam. It's blatantly obvious even to a 10yr old that Weary Bank have more chance of sending funds than Ceylon completing a literate sentence. Royboyone has somehow managed to avoid a ban as he battles with the numbskulls on the unfolding scam. Has Ceylon woken up & realised Peter is taking the piss?
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Losleones wrote: Has Ceylon woken up & realised Peter is taking the piss?
It would be nice to think so. But I hope he hasn't "woken up". I hope he carries on abetting this con until he is arrested along with all the rest involved.
What he may well have woken up to though, is the fact that he is in this fraud up to his sunshades and he now needs to somehow distance himself from it.
This is why we keep having these 'not a care in the world' and the 'nothing to do with me guv' videos. and of course the WeRe bank threads have been moved into obscurity in the general section of the forum..he must think we are all stupid.
He has simply forgotten the stone cold fact that HE & HIS site has promoted the fraud from the day of it's conception.
Ask yourself this: is Mark Haining Ceylon still adamant that Tom (the liar) Crawford won his case and will not be losing his home after his massive claim that Crawford had actually won?
The answer is no, because his own thread that claimed to “Tom Crawford Success!!!1!!!!!” has now disappeared from the Crawford sub forum altogether. And as much as posters like letissier14 want to tell me how great Mark Haining/ Ceylon is, and what a wonderful experience he has had being involved with Goodfers and how much it has helped him says more about letissier14 than it does Haining.
guilty

Post by guilty »

GOOFy comment:
Hi i sent a cheque to student loans , I got the ok before i sent it and the money came off of my Were bank account before the student loans even received the cheque . I checked my student loans balance 3 days after my cheque was sent and the balance was 0 but then i chequed 2 days after that to find that the cheque was refused and my balance back up to the 2grand mark

Hmmmm
How unusual! :roll: The cheque was 'cleared' through WeRe before it had even been received?
It really is a ground-breaking system!
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Bones

Post by Bones »

Not that it will do much good but I wondering if anyone had made a complaint to the ICO about WeRe Bank processing "personal data" as defined by the DPA without being registered.

Just in case no one has, I will be doing that now
Bones

Post by Bones »

guilty wrote:GOOFy comment:
Hi i sent a cheque to student loans , I got the ok before i sent it and the money came off of my Were bank account before the student loans even received the cheque . I checked my student loans balance 3 days after my cheque was sent and the balance was 0 but then i chequed 2 days after that to find that the cheque was refused and my balance back up to the 2grand mark

Hmmmm
How unusual! :roll: The cheque was 'cleared' through WeRe before it had even been received?
It really is a ground-breaking system!
The way the WeRe Bank works, is that you log into you account and you enter the details of the payment you are about to make yourself. Whatever you say the amount of the payment is, is then deducted from your Re balance.

What the numpties (WeRe Bank Customers) don't appear to understand is that the balance is not reduced by the payee presenting the cheque for payment, it is reduced as and when they enter the payment details themselves. So the Re balance will go down before they have even physically sent off the cheque.

This is what the WeRe Bank looks like when you have an account

I am in the process of collecting information

PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I think it's John Witterick who is trying to distance GOODF from Were bank and the whole Tom Crawford saga, because it looks bad on his site and highlights the failure of the processes espoused on that site. I've been relatively polite about Mr Witterick before, simply because I don't know much about him, I haven't seen him take much of an active role in GOODF he doesn't post much and seems very much to be a background person. I have the opinion that Witterick believes in the Woo so much that he founded GOODF to spread the word and not necessarily to promote himself into being a guru. Ceylon does want to be a guru. He's desperate for the attention and he has managed to squirm his way into having a great deal of influence on how the GOODF forum is run, it wouldn't surprise me if he was behind the recent Mod appointments, and I don't think Witterick has the confidence or desire to stand up to him.

I think Witterick is running GOODF in a manner akin to someone trying to find the light by extinguishing all the candles.

Ceylon of course is an absolute imbecile and I believe he has helped to promote Peter's fraud to the 'masses' whether he is involved in it or not or would be criminally liable will be a matter for those with more knowledge and experience of criminal law than I have.