Arlo Guthrie Thanksgiving weekend in NYC

A discussion of the better things in life, including music, the arts, wine, beer, cigars, scotch, gambling the Quatloosian way, travel, sports, and many other topics. [Political and religious discussions and the like should stay off-site.]
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Arlo Guthrie Thanksgiving weekend in NYC

Post by Gregg »

If anyone is free on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend (29th November) I have two front row seats to Arlo Guthrie at Carnegie Hall. If you'd like to join Webhick and I, let me know!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Arlo Guthrie Thanksgiving weekend in NYC

Post by Famspear »

Gregg wrote:If anyone is free on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend (29th November) I have two front row seats to Arlo Guthrie at Carnegie Hall. If you'd like to join Webhick and I, let me know!
Boy, that sounds good.

I wish I could go to that.

:cry:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

We had a fantastic time this year, I'll post some pics in the Moderators section when I figure out how.
Most people know Arlo for his biggest song, The Alice's Restaurant Massacre" which is of course, a Thanksgiving song. Many people do not know that he only plays it once every 10 years, and next year is the year. We think this is a special occasion and I really would like to have a pretty good circle of friends share this with us next year.
Because of my exalted position in the upper echelons of the Illuminati, I get great seats at Carnegie Hall, and if need be I can pretty much assure everyone we'll have as much of the front row as we need. So please feel free, anyone who wants to go to consider yourself invited. I'm giving a full year heads up, so no excuses, come and see a truly fantastic show with us.

Anyone wanting details should let me know, I'm winging it at this point, but Webhick and I would love to share this with you! (and no, we are not a couple, this is just our thing it seems)
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I might do this since the last visit to NY at Thanksgiving time was pretty good for me. Traveling on Turkey Day was amazing - no lines at the airport and getting into NYC from the airport was not the nightmare I thought it would be. On the other hand, listening to Wes about visiting The Cloisters got me in middle of a fight between two women on the 'A' train, then walking the rest of the way in a wet snowfall.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I may have convinced a local friend, on the premise that Arlo's 67 now and may not be able to play it Alice's ten years from now. We'll see if he changes his mind.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:listening to Wes about visiting The Cloisters got me in middle of a fight between two women on the 'A' train, then walking the rest of the way in a wet snowfall.
Just a little local color. Next time you're here, listen to an argument between junkies in front of a methadone clinic.

And wasn't the Cloisters worth it?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:And wasn't the Cloisters worth it?
Yes it was. And my wife was enjoying seeing the snow fall, even to the point of stopping and taking pictures along the way. Which is why we arrived soaking wet.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

My wife has always loved The Cloisters, partly because when she was young, her father's building restoration company did some work there and she got to visit it a lot. I've been there once, and loved the place.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

You guys have given me a goal. Wife and I are heading to New York sometime this spring, just tourists. She loves art and museums; a principal reason we are going. I love medieval art, two of my favorite museums are the Cluny in Paris and the Sainsbury wing of the National Gallery in London. So the Cloisters hits the sweet spot for both of us.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

My husband and I are also headed for NY this spring!! We are also going to take in the Cloisters, in part because the ashes of a very, very special cat are scattered there (Homer, the blind wonder-cat)
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I am assured that I can have as much of the front row as I have friends but I need to know by 1st September how many. Still a ways out but if you want to go think about it, Webhick and I (who are not dating or anything, this has just become our thing) would love for you to come along!
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

As much as I'd love to see Arlo, and meet both of you, my one (and probably only; given that it has taken me 65 years to do it) trip to New York will be in late April/Early May this year. It's a 6,000 mile commute from the Evergreen Playground.

Guabi Guabi
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs