UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Post by littleFred »

Hi, and welcome to Quatloos!

Umm, I've just started a thread UK cubes and cats: Danny Bamping. Feel free to contribute.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

I'd argue that crowdfunding would be totally obscene. Tom wasted the time and resources of other people at GOODF who are in as bad or worse financial situations than the Crawfords. For Amanda to now claim that they're well off financially but are just wasting everyone's time by refusing to pay the remaining debt is an insult.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Jeffrey wrote:I'd argue that crowdfunding would be totally obscene. Tom wasted the time and resources of other people at GOODF who are in as bad or worse financial situations than the Crawfords. For Amanda to now claim that they're well off financially but are just wasting everyone's time by refusing to pay the remaining debt is an insult.
Totally agree. They should pay it, then argue the toss afterwards in their own time at their own expense. TBH if they tried to crowdfund it now they'd be lucky to raise £100. People have wised up to the fact that it's them trying to bully the system to get away without paying the capital due on their mortgage.
'Putin's left hand man'
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

what if it was all a scam, we knew there was no policy, lets get as many people as possible to back us up, the bank will back down then and let us keep the house
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

fat frank wrote:what if it was all a scam, we knew there was no policy, lets get as many people as possible to back us up, the bank will back down then and let us keep the house
When you look back at that first video, the composure the very marketable old man in a hat, it's been a very clever marketing campaign in my opinion. They've seen all freemen questioning the validity of the mortgage, realised they're screwed (still think it was sues mistake and although tried to sort it out tom was having none of it) so decided to give it a bash. Hit the main site goodf, win the hearts of the masses by the time they realise it will all be too late.

Far too many willing to jump on the bandwagon and believe any conspiracy theories and tales of corruption and fraud. I think tom is way more in control than he would have you believe
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

midjit-gems wrote:
fat frank wrote:what if it was all a scam, we knew there was no policy, lets get as many people as possible to back us up, the bank will back down then and let us keep the house
When you look back at that first video, the composure the very marketable old man in a hat, it's been a very clever marketing campaign in my opinion. They've seen all freemen questioning the validity of the mortgage, realised they're screwed (still think it was sues mistake and although tried to sort it out tom was having none of it) so decided to give it a bash. Hit the main site goodf, win the hearts of the masses by the time they realise it will all be too late.

Far too many willing to jump on the bandwagon and believe any conspiracy theories and tales of corruption and fraud. I think tom is way more in control than he would have you believe

you mean like it was all a big PR stunt from the start, as they are know saying they can afford to pay it off, so whats been going on
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

fat frank wrote:
midjit-gems wrote:

you mean like it was all a big PR stunt from the start, as they are know saying they can afford to pay it off, so whats been going on

I'd say so, I know a few who won't be happy they spent all their hard earned cash to help them thinking they simply couldn't afford to pay. Wasn't one supporter burgled while he at an eviction attempt? Bet he's dancing for joy knowing they could afford to pay but why bother why they can con a bunch of stoners to see off the bailiffs at every attempt?
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
Bones

Post by Bones »

Over in goofer land both the WeRe bank and Tom sub forums are locked.

Anything interesting happen that I don't know about ?

Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

midjit-gems wrote:

Obviously it's a matter of opinion but I can't agree. I think, like most followers of sovrun theories if brains were dynamite, Tom wouldn't have enough to blow his famous panama off. That's why even those of (very) moderate intelligence such as PoE can wreak such havoc.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bones wrote:Over in goofer land both the WeRe bank and Tom sub forums are locked.

I don't know if that is good news or bad? :thinking:
It maybe the rest of the forum is receiving hardly any attention?
Last edited by wanglepin on Thu May 28, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Bones wrote:Over in goofer land both the WeRe bank and Tom sub forums are locked.

Not sure about the WeRe Bank thread but the recent posts on the Crawford thread had a lot of people making a lot of sense i.e. not supporting Tom and ended with JimmyW making a snarky comment about "legal beagles".
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

midjit-gems wrote:

Bravo...I also felt that from the first viewing, anytime I commented and requested information concerning the Endowment Life cover it was deleted. I think he has needed a plan for years and has looked around for some considerable time also. He has found his way and risen up in this movement and for them he appeared heaven sent. I think he begrudged every penny he spent on providing a roof over his head from the time he first took out a mortgage.
He appears to bend facts very easily and it comes naturally to him, again the first video he talked about the B&B manager as a male of the species and come viewing of the letter it was a woman. This man is dangerous ...what problems he and his family have matter not, it is the fact he encourages others to the same stupidity. This needs to be over soon!.
Just in case you have forgotten I detest this man.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Normal Wisdom wrote:

Not sure about the WeRe Bank thread but the recent posts on the Crawford thread had a lot of people making a lot of sense i.e. not supporting Tom and ended with JimmyW making a snarky comment about "legal beagles".
I rather hope "Sunny Jim" needs the services of a Legal Beagle soon.....really soon. :haha:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

They appear to have found an illuminati agent among their ranks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-B9U-maJQM
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

It has recently been noted that the prince is now not dealing with evictions himself but referring them to tom for him to deal with.

Is this a wise move?

This actually worries me considerably more than it possibly should.
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

midjit-gems wrote:It has recently been noted that the prince is now not dealing with evictions himself but referring them to tom for him to deal with.

Is this a wise move?

that is understandable with toms victory in his repo
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

fat frank wrote:
midjit-gems wrote:It has recently been noted that the prince is now not dealing with evictions himself but referring them to tom for him to deal with.

Is this a wise move?

that is understandable with toms victory in his repo

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
Bones

Post by Bones »

Normal Wisdom wrote:

Not all talking sense :-(

Re: THE JUDGMENT EXPLAINED BOOM!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#

Postby Applecart1 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:59 pm
Generally a party who has been granted permission to appeal out of time has 21 days in which to do so:

http://uk.practicallaw.com/4-521-8836

Tom has a golden opportunity to follow on where the learned QC has led him.

Grounds to consider and put forward may need to change though imo:

1st - the B&B letter - I'm sure that letter confirms they changed the mortgage to Capital Repayment - those type of mortgages were designed to clear all the interest first and then all the capital within the actual term leaving you mortgage free.

So, imo, if Tom still has that letter - read between the QC's words. He went on and on about it - probably wondering why you did not raise it to rely on it not deny it - B&B missold endownment mortgages - they know they did too judging by the amount of money they set aside to cover claims...fact is - the learned QC was probably more than aware they were all too quick to jump to readily confuse proceedings by accepting the 'original agreement' did not change???When it did and was in fact in Tom's favor that it did - read what the QC says about it - words to the effect of 'I do wish Tom would accept that the agreement did change'

2nd - the QC pointed you to s.2 - did he do that to alert you to a fact that he did not see an agreement or contract?? if he did - was there an agreement in evidence??

3rd - what about the limitations period 1980 - are you aware that the limitation period for the enforcement of a debt (there must be a debt - ie. an agreement signed by Tom and B&B) secured by a mortgage or charge over property is governed by s.20..

In relation to - PRINCIPAL - it is 12 months from the date the 'cause of action accrued'

In relation to - INTEREST - it is 6 years from the date the interest became due.

(Principal is the Capital due and interest speaks for itself under a capital repayment mortgage)

The QC appears more than happy for you to appeal his decision out of time - the QC may just be waiting for Tom to grasp the opportunity in time imo.

Just a few observations - anyone else got any constructive observations to add??

Apple
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm sure that letter confirms they changed the mortgage to Capital Repayment
Are we talking about Tom? The mortgage was never changed to repayment, that's why he's screwed.
B&B missold endownment mortgages - they know they did too judging by the amount of money they set aside to cover claims
I may be wrong here but I don't think this is an instance of predatory lending. I can imagine a hypothetical where an unscrupulous bank goes out giving endowment mortgages then 25 years later starts repossessing all the houses. But in this case we know that when Tom took out the EM, it has an endowment policy attached. It was his wife that cancelled that policy. Which triggered the bank to contact them to warn them about the situation 16 years before they would lose the house. The bank had no obligation to warn them.

Edit: I didn't see you were quoting a post, ignore me.
Last edited by Jeffrey on Thu May 28, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Jeffrey wrote: Are we talking about Tom? The mortgage was never changed to repayment, that's why he's screwed.
That was advice posted for Tom on GOODF. I think Tom already has enough idiots giving him advice and doesn't need this one too