Pseudolegal Gibberish of the Day - Mortgages as Copyrights

Discussion of various forms of Advance Fee Fraud, including application fees for loans that never materialize, self-liquidating loan scams, as well as mortgage elimination scams and related debt elimination scams [Nigerian-type scams should go in the Nigerian 4-1-9 forum]
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Pseudolegal Gibberish of the Day - Mortgages as Copyrights

Post by davids »

There has arisen a popular new Facebook page called Mortgages as Copyright Derivatives. Yes, that's right, due to bad reasoning, a complete lack of legal schooling, and a desire to avoid reality, a group of nitwits has congregated on the internet - Facebook no less to discuss this inane concept. Their self anointed leader, Ken Dost, offers random references to meaningless supposed legal points, all designed to prove that a mortgage is like a copyright, or a trademark, or a patent (he seems a bit confused about this), and because of this, one can therefore get out of said mortgage.

Mr. Dost has quite a few followers, and posts regularly to their personal pages as well. One of his psuedolegal followers is an individual named Ron ODonnell, who appears to bear the same name as a participant in a very sovereign-esque group named the California 18. The Cal 18 did a series of videotapes where they plumbed the bottom of lake sovrun, with everything from birth bonds to fake lawyer bonds to everything else the internet has to offer in the realm of pseudo legal nonsense.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried this new brand of gibberish in Court yet, but I'm dying to see someone try.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Pseudolegal Gibberish of the Day - Mortgages as Copyrigh

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The only reality they're near to is the fact that you can mortgage a copyright. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Mortgages as Copyrights, I do think you've won the point for Pseudolegal Gibberish of the Day, or maybe even week, or month.

I've never heard or seen this one, and so far it hasn't made an appearance on either of the two sovrun cesspools of legal genius I tend to monitor to what stupid thing is going to come up next.

Congratulations
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I can't wait until some loon comes up with the idea that mortgages, trust deeds, or other bills are simply "letters of marque" created under admiralty law and that all one needs to do is to avoid paying is to show that that they are not merchantmen at sea and thus cannot be subject to privateers who are licensed by the government.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

There you go again, giving away state trade secrets for free, what kind of illuminati are you any way?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Fantasies seem to be the last resort of a large portion of the truly ignorant.

The sad part is the truly ignorant can be taken advantage of by predators.

We could legislate predators out of existence but that would require a monumental shift in our sociopolitical power structure - one that might impinge on the influence of the protected class.

Advanced societies seem to be willing to live with the collateral damage.

Not exactly a new or profound revelation; in our slice of history that includes people being able to use written language to record events, it's pretty much business as usual.

Some portion of the population is going to be taken advantage of.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
The Devil Makes Three
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

Some timely gibberish from the mind of Mr. Dost:

"SO HERE IS THE QUESTION FOLKS......How the hell is it possible to foreclose on a paper document that was destroyed by the conversion to an intellectual property Trademark product which was not disclosed and intentionally concealed behind a public database of the United States Patents and Trademarks Office
SO IN A NUTSHELL -------- WHAT AGREEMENT YOUR HONOR?????
"

I mean, seriously, what the heck does any of that mean? I think his followers must be the type who were always so confused in school that they assume anyone using big words must be saying something meaningful. Copyrights and trademarks, oh my!
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

davids wrote:Some timely gibberish from the mind of Mr. Dost:

"SO HERE IS THE QUESTION FOLKS......How the hell is it possible to foreclose on a paper document that was destroyed by the conversion to an intellectual property Trademark product which was not disclosed and intentionally concealed behind a public database of the United States Patents and Trademarks Office
SO IN A NUTSHELL -------- WHAT AGREEMENT YOUR HONOR?????
"

I mean, seriously, what the heck does any of that mean? I think his followers must be the type who were always so confused in school that they assume anyone using big words must be saying something meaningful. Copyrights and trademarks, oh my!
Allow me to translate:
""SO FEAR UPWARD-FACING ARM HAIR PEOPLE......Green planes will make bicycles revert to bed springs on large birch-bark canoes. Smart ownership forms will teleport to an event horizon a few inches behind fuzzy dice and hide in handlebars and wingtip shoes. SO AS A NUT IN A SHELL -------- WHY DO WATER-WINGS PULL BURNT MATCHES????????
There, does that help?

My job is done here. You're welcome.
The Devil Makes Three
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

:lol:

That will be cited in the future, I predict, for its clarity in presenting the position
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

notorial dissent wrote:Mortgages as Copyrights, I do think you've won the point for Pseudolegal Gibberish of the Day, or maybe even week, or month.

I've never heard or seen this one, and so far it hasn't made an appearance on either of the two sovrun cesspools of legal genius I tend to monitor to what stupid thing is going to come up next.

Congratulations
I am humbled to receive this award!
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Pseudolegal Gibberish of the Day - Mortgages as Copyrights

Post by Jeffrey »

Dost is doing the rounds on internet radio now:

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-39904/TS-1092297.mp3
Quartermass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Quartermass »

Looks like they are shilling Ken Dost wisDumb out here now too:

https://claimsoftheliving.blogspot.com/ ... ement.html
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Ken Dost managed to confuse himself by latching onto the 2009 mortgage for Salem Media Group - a radio broadcaster and book/magazine/internet publisher - so Salem, naturally, would generate copyrights (and maybe trademarks and patents) in the course of its particular business, and made a point of including in its 2nd mortgage agreement how those would be disposed of if the mortgage were foreclosed. Naturally, the vast majority of Dost's readership is concerned only about the mortgage on their family cabin so no such provisions are likely in their mortages.
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

So, our boy Ken is onto something new - the idea that some kind of personal hygiene product for women, which deals with (ahem) moisture "down below" and somehow he read the patent for it, which means he (in his mind) discovered it was linked to "human trafficking" and is proof of your "limitless value", and therefore, "the idea of getting evicted is so far out of the realm of reality...because all you have to do is put back the debt instrument to market and take credit back to you" :shrug: :haha: :mrgreen:

So, got that wimmins, Mr. Dost done discovered that they are securitizing your fluids, mm-kay, and that is bad. Or something. So don't, like, evict him, or he's gonna go sovcit. Or something. :sarcastic:

https://www.facebook.com/kdost1