Quick question for the regulars

Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Quick question for the regulars

Post by Gannibal »

I'm looking into attending the "Conspira-Sea" cruise as research for a book. (http://www.divinetravels.com/ConspiraSeaCruise2016.html) The speakers they're lining up are very diverse in terms of their unusual ideas; crop circles, anti-vax, alien abduction, demonic possession, etc. Nobody explicitly listed as a tax protester or sov-cit, but a few that seem to orbit the same ideas.

The regulars here have a pretty deep collective memory and understanding of the TP/sov-cit field, and probably related weirdness, so I'd be very interested if anything jumps out at you regarding the listed speakers. I'll be googling them all sooner or later, of course, but I'd still love to hear any thoughts you might have on any of them. Especially the less famous ones. (Which is most of them; Wakefield is a big name and Tenpenny got a lot of press this year, but most of the others seem confined to smaller subcultures.)

The list of speakers from that link is pasted here, along with their given areas of expertise:

Sean David Morton (Freedom Advocate Radio Host, Futurist)
Dannion & Kathryn Brinkley (NDE Survivors, Authors)
Michael Badnarik (Libertarian, Constitutional Educator)
Jeffrey M. Smith (Leading Anti-GMO Consumer Advocate)
Andy Wakefield (Vaccination & Autism Researcher)
Joshua P. Warren (Paranormal Investigator)
Robert Strecker (AIDS Whistleblower)
Nick Begich (Haarp & Mind Control Investigator)
Len Horowitz, Sherri Kane (Health Advocates Whistleblowers)
Sherri Tenpenny (Anti-Vaccine Activist)
Andy Thomas (Conspiracies Investigator)
Winston Shrout (Commerce Educator Financial Advisor)
Rosemary Guiley (Paranormal Researcher)
Laura Eisenhower (Earth Advocate Global Alchemist)
Dean Ryan (Social Commentator)
Susan Shumsky (Spiritual Teacher Award-Winning Author)
Marshall Masters (Sustainable Communities Organizer)
Robert O. Young (Alternative Medicine Advocate)
Toni Bark (Vaccination Whistleblower)
John Greenewald, Jr. (Alien Files The Black Vault)
Joyce Riley (Gulf War Illness Veteran's Advocate)
Patty Greer (Crop Circle Filmmaker Investigator)
Kerry Cassidy (Investigative Reporter, Radio Host)
Dr. Dream (Humanitarian Holistic Healer)
Sharon Schloss (Orgone Energy Proponent)
Helen Sewell (Astrological Educator)

Any thoughts?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Quick question for the regulars

Post by Burnaby49 »

The cruise written up here;

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10728&p=202544&hili ... ld#p202544

Winston Shrout jumps out at me. Type "Shrout" in the Quatloos search bar and you'll (at least I got, search tends to be screwy) 94 hits. He's mentioned in these discussion titles;

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10725&p=202701&hil ... ut#p202701

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9329&p=174848&hilit=shrout#p174848

Chief Rock Sino General is a big fan. This is Shrout's website;

https://www.wssic.com/
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Yep, so far Shrout is the the only tax protester type that I see on the speaker list.

But if you encounter any other of the speakers dabbling in tax protest nonsense or sovrun gibberish, put up a post about what you saw and heard.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Thank you! I definitely intend to write it up. I'm actually writing a GoFundMe now to defray the costs, with the return being a series of posts and writeups.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

I'd go just to interview Shrout frankly. Although in absolute terms, Wakefield would be the moby dick of the group.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

He's got a workshop scheduled, I planned to be there. If this goes forward, I'll solicit questions later on! I thought Badnarik might have some ties too; not sure I'd attend his sessions. They cost $150 or four ounces of silver.

(Edited to add: I just looked up the price of silver. Under $15? Either he's trying to encourage payment in metals, or he really needs to keep an eye on the rate. Or I looked up the wrong rate, I guess, always possible.)
Paths of the Sea

Post by Paths of the Sea »

The Observer wrote:
Yep, so far Shrout is the the only tax protester type that I see on the speaker list.

But if you encounter any other of the speakers dabbling in tax protest nonsense
or sovrun gibberish, put up a post about what you saw and heard.
Joyce Riley has broadcast a number of interviews with Kent Hovind which can be found through a Google search.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

i suspect this shipment of fail might have some interesting folks not on the regular agenda. i would expect 'surprise' guests.

and if i could ask one little favor; please disable the lifeboats and sink the ship? and if you cant do that could you at least give jeffery smith a good swift kick right in the man bits? (provided anyone could be that accurate.)

thanks,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Sean David Morton, while not a tax protester is always fun in person, because you can get him to go to pieces when you tie him up on the MANY, and I mean the epic number of lies he has told over the years. From studying as a Black Hat Monk at the foot of some mountain (at a place that offers no study programs, and certainly not to middle class white kids), to being the right hand man of Gene Rodenberry and the real creative spark behind most of post original TV series Star Trek (he even tricked Rodenberry's daughter who apparently isn't a Trekkie, into believing this and introducing him on occasion, until Rodenberry's longtime assistant heard about it and said "Sean David who?), to degrees from colleges that don't exist, colleges that do exist but don't offer the degrees, :haha: :haha:

Do a little googling him, on him, years ago one guy had a pretty extensive list, but if they guy says its dark outside at midnight, don't believe him until you look out the window, and really, he FALLS APART when you you start pounding him with it in front of an audience. Well worth the price of admission just to see that, although I am persona non grata at his appearances, for doing just that....

I confess, I could almost book on this cruise just to follow him around and every time he was in front of more than 2 people shouting "don't listen to a thing that lying phat phuck says, and keep both hands on yer wallet, he's been convicted of stealing over 11 million dollars!" I just loathe him that much....the definitive list of SDM lies is at http://www.ufowatchdog.com/?view=article&id=25

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Good luck to you, Gannibal. Personally, I wouldn't want to go anywhere these nutcases if we were on a ship on the high seas, where I couldn't escape from them.

I noticed the names of Nick Begich and Laura Eisenhower on the list. Just goes to show you that even the best political families have their outliers and oddballs.

I notice that ex-Dr. Andrew Wakefield is a "vaccination and autism researcher". Y'know, if I was looking for a way to make money in the stock market, I wouldn't take lessons from a guy convicted of securities fraud. And, if I wanted to know more about the existence of any links between vaccines and autism....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

The campaign is live: http://www.gofundme.com/ss29jrfk

I'm planning on buying a ticket regardless, so please don't feel like I'm just begging for money. I'd appreciate any other thoughts and suggestions you might have, and I'll ask for your ideas again before the cruise (especially as to questions to ask, although I do NOT plan to be confrontational). Assuming, of course, that they don't prevent me from buying a ticket or attending.
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Len Horowitz, Sherri Kane (Health Advocates Whistleblowers)
While not Sovs themselves Sherri and Len aided and abetted Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General. Len Horowitz is particularly repugnant to me, if he was just selling people useless woo he'd be ripping them off but as long as his woo wasn't toxic all he'd be doing is stealing money. But when he goes out of his way to pander to paranoia and encourage people to believe that modern medicine (vaccinations and more) is an evil scheme one must avoid his victims stop being only the woo consuming segment of our population but grows to include their innocent children as well. More on Dr. Horrorwitz.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Some names that looked familiar to me:
Gannibal wrote:Michael Badnarik (Libertarian, Constitutional Educator)
A search of this forum turns up a number of hits.
Gannibal wrote:Nick Begich (Haarp & Mind Control Investigator)
Ditto.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Thanks all for your thoughts! The cruise organizers just posted a recording of an hour-long roundtable videoconference they had. Winston Shrout spoke for about ten minutes, and I summarized it in the relevant thread here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9329&p=206900#p206900

In short, he predicts that by January the IRS will have been sent "back to Puerto Rico" as a new national currency knocks off the federal reserve note. So y'all might as well donate all your cash reserves to my project, FRNs are about to go the way of the dinar.

(I wonder if there will be a FRN revaluation scam in 2016?)
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Gannibal wrote: Michael Badnarik (Libertarian, Constitutional Educator)
Any thoughts?
Been around a long time, plays the tightrope game, tries to stay on the respectable side of the ledger, but is knee-deep in the TP camp (& profits considerably from them).
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

any updates on whos going and whos speaking?

for the rest i have found the holy grail of anti vaccination argument from verbosity.

http://www.whale.to/vaccines.html

wow. thats a lot of stuff im not bothering to read.
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

I'm blogging it (slowly, as internet is slow and expensive and I don't have much time to write) at violentmetaphors.com. Saw two Shrout lectures, both full of horrible advice to innocent people. Did a quick writeup here (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9329&p=221338#p221338) and will try to write a longer post tonight. Thanks for following along!