Another medical professional puts her medical license in jeopardy

Moderator: Burnaby49

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Another medical professional puts her medical license in jeopardy

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Friends, I give you Dr. Christine Banville, of Quebec. She has begun taking megadoses of the FMOTL kool-aid; and here is the result:

http://www.iheartradio.ca/cjad/news/que ... -1.3677517
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Another medical professional puts her medical license in jeopardy

Post by eric »

In her ruling, Quebec court Judge Genevieve Cotnam wrote that what was particularly troubling was that the plaintiff, as a doctor, was remunerated by the state with taxes paid by fellow citizens.

``She has no qualms about being remunerated by the state, but refuses to contribute by (not) producing her own tax declarations,'' Cotnam wrote.
To add to the judge's comments, a quick survey of Canlii reveals that much of the good doctor's medical practice has entailed being the "go-to" medical professional to sign off on insurance and workmens' disability claims. Warning - all the court decisions listed on Canlii are in French so I hope that you remember what you were taught in school or had some sort of Canadian government job.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

eric wrote:
In her ruling, Quebec court Judge Genevieve Cotnam wrote that what was particularly troubling was that the plaintiff, as a doctor, was remunerated by the state with taxes paid by fellow citizens.

``She has no qualms about being remunerated by the state, but refuses to contribute by (not) producing her own tax declarations,'' Cotnam wrote.
To add to the judge's comments, a quick survey of Canlii reveals that much of the good doctor's medical practice has entailed being the "go-to" medical professional to sign off on insurance and workmens' disability claims. Warning - all the court decisions listed on Canlii are in French so I hope that you remember what you were taught in school or had some sort of Canadian government job.
Only Quebec decisions are in released in French and CanLii does not translate them, it just publishes them as is. The other nine provinces release decisions in English and that's how they appear in CanLii. I use CanLii very extensively but, since I've never needed to reference a Quebec decision, I've never run across one in French.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

Reading the judgment on CanliiBanville c. Agence du revenu du Québec, 2017 QCCQ 16190 (CanLII), I fell on this (Google translated):
It refers to the legal fiction of "Cestu Que Vie Trust" or "strawman" to represent the physical person.
A google search gave me this: http://www.expertinalllegalmatters.com/ ... vie-trusts
When we were born, a trust, called a Cestui Que Vie Trust (“CQV”) was set-up, for our benefit. Evidence of this is the birth certificate. But what is the value which must be conveyed to the trust, in order to create it? It was our right to property (via Birth into this world), our body (via the Live Birth Record), and our souls (via Baptism).

I guess you could put any christian religion in place of baptism, but whatever... It's incredible that an educated person could believe that crazy nonsense, but it happens very often, after all.

In the judgment is also included a list of the documents she sent:
In support of her claim in court, she produces several incomprehensible documents in an attempt to give a legal aura to a pure creation of the mind:

• Power of attoney

• Ucc1 financing statement

• Common Law Copyright Notice

• Security agreement

• Hold and Harmless Indemnity Agreement

• Notice of Understanding and intent and Claim of rights
All of this didn't impress the court, of course.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

coffeekitten wrote:Reading the judgment on CanliiBanville c. Agence du revenu du Québec, 2017 QCCQ 16190 (CanLII)
Good reference... nice summary of some other Quebec court decisions regarding classic OPCA litigants that I was not aware of. The notary also merits further investigation:
[33] Counsel for the defendant sent Denis Nadeau. The latter attempts to disrupt the proceedings by asking whether the lawyer is a member of the bar and questioning the authority of the Tribunal. Faced with the Tribunal's refusal to answer his questions, he agreed to testify, but insisted on giving the address of the "Strawman". [34] The examination conducted by the defendant shows that Mr. Nadeau, who is acting as the swearing-in of some of the documents produced by the Claimant is recognized as a very active OCPA litigant.
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Odd to see this idiot cropping up as a search result in Canada,

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11600
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Banville had a hearing at the QCCA. It looks like, at this point, she was represented by a lawyer, Stephane Harvey. The decision simply gave her more time to get her shit together or get out.

Banville c. Agence du revenu du Québec
2018 QCCA 184
http://canlii.ca/t/hq8nl

And one month later she didn't show up, neither did a lawyer on her behalf. The QCCA concluded the appeal filing was irregular and ordered it struck out. And that's it for Dr. Christine Banville's sovereign tax avoidance scheme.

Banville c. Agence du revenu du Québec
2018 QCCA 386
http://canlii.ca/t/hr0d6
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs