Women Earning Six Figures

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Women Earning Six Figures

Postby webhick » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Was browsing Hippo press last Friday and spotted an ad for a possible pyramid scheme. It's called WomenEarningSixFigures.com. The ad is here on page 29. For those who don't want to check that out, it claims:

  • Work from home
  • Award-winning company
  • Executive-style income
  • Enjoy your family
  • No selling
  • No inventory
  • No party plan
  • NO RISK
  • Create your future today!

The url at the bottom of the article looks like a referral link.

Their website adds the additional claims:
  • No large investment
  • No taking orders or making deliveries
  • No billing or collections
  • No high pressure sales
  • No MLM

Under compensation, it says:
Compensation

Learn more about this simple yet rewarding compensation plan where you can create the level of income you desire!

• Dependable, Accumulating Monthly Income
• Bonuses
• Incentives
• Car Allowance
• Job Stability
• Security


So, it seems like there's no product since there's no MLM, no taking orders, no inventory and no party plan. The car allowance seems odd.

Couple that with the claim they give you the following tools:
  • A Proven System for Your Success
  • Simple Step-By-Step Training
  • Professional Mentoring and Coaching
  • Unlimited Team Support
  • Personalized Web Sites
  • Monthly Leadership Publications
  • Global Marketing Potential
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

And it's an "accumulating monthly income" and no large (what's large? $500?) investment, it sounds like they're selling an opportunity to be a woman earning six figures.
“He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.” - Hunter S. Thompson
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Judge Roy Bean » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Let's see if we can guess who is behind this particular channel of a particular MLM:

We are proud to be partnered with an Inc. 500, Multiple Award-winning, International Wellness Company with incredible credentials. This is a strong, stable, legitimate company. They are continually expanding worldwide with explosive growth. This company is continuously awarded and recognized by the United States Chamber of Commerce, Inc. 500 Magazine, USA Today,CNN, The BBB and the NASDAQ, among other noteworthy and prestigious institutions.


Melaleuca!
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
Impunitas semper ad deteriora invitat
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: West of the Pecos

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby webhick » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Let's see if we can guess who is behind this particular channel of a particular MLM:

We are proud to be partnered with an Inc. 500, Multiple Award-winning, International Wellness Company with incredible credentials. This is a strong, stable, legitimate company. They are continually expanding worldwide with explosive growth. This company is continuously awarded and recognized by the United States Chamber of Commerce, Inc. 500 Magazine, USA Today,CNN, The BBB and the NASDAQ, among other noteworthy and prestigious institutions.


Melaleuca!

I completely missed that. But, when I google "International Wellness Company" the first hit is for Herbalife. A few down from that though, there's a hit with the exact phrasing "Inc. 500 International Wellness Company," which is linked to non-toxic cleaning products. Which, as you said, sounds like Melaleuca. Googling that phrase leads to a virtual shitload of sites that have the exact same advertising claims.

So, I guess that makes the "no selling," "no MLM" claims false advertising. Probably several others, too, but those are the most black and white. Considering how many of the reps are using the exact same claims, can Melaleuca be held responsible for this?
“He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.” - Hunter S. Thompson
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Judge Roy Bean » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:26 pm

webhick wrote: ...Considering how many of the reps are using the exact same claims, can Melaleuca be held responsible for this?


IMHO, very unlikely.

Most of these promoters can get away with almost anything on their own promotional web sites and blogs because they never mention the company.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
Impunitas semper ad deteriora invitat
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: West of the Pecos

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Number Six » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Same old BS, just recycled, packaged more slickly, with a wonderful company, and very friendly neighborly people behind it, like my good buddy "Dr." Wayne Pickering, aka "Mango Man".

Whoever is the real insider on this is laughing all the way to the bank, with no fear of legal problems down the pike, probably stashing the dough offshore just in case...

He keeps emailing me sweet siren songs of the success of those who have signed on, like the familiar "Pat" who got into the program a while back.

"Still Sitting on the Fence?"

"TGIF - Thank Goodness It's Friday! We all know what that means. And most of us have said, and thought it. For people who are employees with that horrible disease - JOB (Just Over Broke) this is their favorite day of the week.

"Now you can make your favorite day come several times a week when the HAPPY TRUCK (FedEx) comes to your door!

"People with JOBs have to commute, maybe with people in various stages of "road rage." Then they work from 8 to 5, with an hour for lunch (or would that be 30 minutes?,) and two 10 minute breaks 5 days each week. Then they come home exhausted, stressed and unhappy. The travel time with aggressive drivers can be frustrating in its own right. Then they walk in the door, and their family wants immediate attention. But all they want to do is lie down and relax. The couple still has dinner to prepare, housework and laundry to do. Does this sound like you? Do you have this kind of stress or even exhaustion in your life?

NO STRESS HERE!

"If an employee has a doctor or dentist's appointment, that means lost money. So all those appointments need to be scheduled for after work, along with everything else. If an employee needs to pick up some things for dinner, he/she faces crowded grocery stores and long lines. Friday means exhaustion and to bed right after the kids are put down. Weekends are spent doing the laundry and cleaning, and going over the bills. Does this remind you of you?

"How much of your life are you losing time-wise?

"On Monday morning, do you start the process all over again? Does your work own your life and you?

"What do you get for all this? Do you have travel expenses and day care? Does waiting in line at the grocery store take longer than it does to shop? Do people cut you off in traffic on the highway with finger signs because you’re not going 20 miles an hour over the speed limit?

"STRESSES, FOR WHAT?

"A few miserable bucks, and putting up with a BOSS!

"With our activity you can work from home, you can gain back your commuting time (would that be around 17.5 hours per week, just from time saved on the commuting, lunches and breaks? Or more?) That's over 2 workdays per week!

"You can prepare dinner before your spouse comes home - another 5 hours per week gained. With this activity, you can sit, relax and enjoy your time together. Basically, you may save half a work-week. You can get your household chores completed while you’re working this activity. You can stay up on Friday nights, and you can have fun on the weekends. You can have your life back again!

"You can take a few hours every Tuesday to go play golf, and if you want to go to the beach, you can. You will have the time every evening to spend with your family. When the door opens, there you are with a smile on your face. When your children need you, you are there. You can avoid the long lines in the grocery stores, the rush hour traffic, and you can get your Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving (if you want to!) If you want a day off, you can take it. If you want to have lunch with a friend, you can do that!

"For most people, Friday means TGIO (Thank Goodness It's Over!) In this activity, just like many other days, it's a Happy Truck Day. Wouldn’t you love to have this kind of day? Where else can you get money delivered to your door while you are still in your jammies?

"As Pat, one of my associates, writes about his days in this activity, “The best part is that all I have to do is spend a few minutes on my computer and on the telephone to do this. The system does all the work! Believe me, it doesn't get any better than this!”

********************************************************
" An executive is a person who always decides; sometimes he decides correctly, but he always decides."
-- John H. Patterson
********************************************************

"Do you want your life back?

"If you have the desire to change your life, I can show you how you can make enough to quit your JOB and work from home. However, you must want it badly enough to reply to this. Simply send me a reply e-mail with your current phone number (including your area code) and the best time to reach you (I promise your personal information will NOT be shared with anyone - your privacy is absolutely assured.) I'll be happy to set up an initial appointment to speak with you at my expense. This is a private activity that is available by INVITATION ONLY, so please respond at your earliest convenience.

"How much do you want to fulfill YOUR dreams? They can become a reality. In this activity, all you have to do is BELIEVE, and put forth an honest effort.

"I really look forward to speaking with you personally in the next few days."
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
User avatar
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Connecticut, "The Constitution State"

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Doc Bunkum » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:06 pm

webhick wrote:I completely missed that. But, when I google "International Wellness Company" the first hit is for Herbalife. A few down from that though, there's a hit with the exact phrasing "Inc. 500 International Wellness Company," which is linked to non-toxic cleaning products. Which, as you said, sounds like Melaleuca. Googling that phrase leads to a virtual shitload of sites that have the exact same advertising claims.



Well, if you Google Denise Bell ( Founder of http://www.WomenEarningSixFigures.com), you also see she lists herself as an Executive Director at Melaleuca, so I guess the Judge was right.
User avatar
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:45 am

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Thule » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:32 pm

webhick wrote:
  • Work from home
  • Award-winning company
  • Executive-style income
  • Enjoy your family
  • No selling
  • No inventory
  • No party plan
  • NO RISK
  • Create your future today!


Um, prostitution?

(Edit: OK, the "no selling".)
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
User avatar
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:57 am
Location: 71 degrees north

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Denise » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Hello All,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Denise Bell, the founder of the Women Earning Six Figures, NH Native! Mom of those two lovely children on the website. Been working from home since 2003, which has been a blessing for me considering my family deals with some disabilities. Leaving my children to go to work in Corporate America, leaving them in the hands of others, was not an option I was willing to consider. My personal priorities.

Altough I can certainly understand some people may be sceptical, synical or cautious but you might want to consider being careful not to Slander/Libel especially in an online public forum.

I would like to address some of the interesting posts regarding my Hippo Ad.

I will start by addressing "Webhick"

What we wrote on our website comes directly out of our corporate materials. Therefor there is no holding someone "responsible", as we are not misleading or making any false claims or doing false advertising. Pyramid Scheme's are illegal and we are not one of them. If we where we wouldnt hold an A rating with the BBB and have been in business 26 years. Have a closer look at our strong credentials.

The car allowance, we said no selling, we said we dont take orders, we said we dont inventory, we do not say anything about products. The word products is not mentioned in either the print ad or the website. Party Plan Reps sell products, they are distributors, they inventory, they take orders, they are MLM we do not and are not. Please do not mis-represent what has been stated.

"Judge Roy Bean" our company has strick internet guidelines so your comment that most promoters can get away with anything on their websites, is false.

"Number Six"
No I am not stashing dough offshore. LOL Are you? There is no need for legal problems as we are not doing anything illegal or even unethical. Comparing us to your Mango Man? Sounds like you have an Ax to grind with your friend, but that really has nothing to do with me or my website.

"Thule"
Prostitution? Really?
Denise
 

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby ArthurWankspittle » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:28 am

Denise wrote:Altough I can certainly understand some people may be sceptical, synical or cautious but you might want to consider being careful not to Slander/Libel especially in an online public forum.
Dear Denise, threats about slander and libel are taken seriously but also appear in the bingo card list of "things people post". You also might want to find about a bit more about the internet and the 1st Amendment before banding such phrases about.
Denise wrote: If we where we wouldnt hold an A rating with the BBB and have been in business 26 years.
What exactly holds that A rating? What has "been in business 26 years"? because Women Earning Six Figures doesn't appear to have been.
Denise wrote:The car allowance, we said no selling, we said we dont take orders, we said we dont inventory, we do not say anything about products. The word products is not mentioned in either the print ad or the website. Party Plan Reps sell products, they are distributors, they inventory, they take orders, they are MLM we do not and are not. Please do not mis-represent what has been stated.
If it...ducks...etc.
"they inventory" ? What does that mean?

By the way, how much do you earn?
Just how much would YOU bid for a property that the Feds will not guarantee is bomb-free?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Quatloos Immigration Control

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby wserra » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Denise wrote:Hello All,


Hello, Denise. Welcome to Quatloos.

Altough I understand some people are sceptical and or synical, you might want to consider being very careful not to Slander/Libel especially in an online public forum.


We are.

What we wrote on our website comes directly out of our corporate materials.


What you wrote on your website doesn't say anything, just like what you write in this post. It's always a bad sign when someone promises riches, but doesn't say what she does.

Your web site says, "Work from home • Award-winning company • Executive style income for life • Achieve freedom • Enjoy your family • Live your dreams • Create your future" That's nice. Doing what? Picking hundred-dollar-bills from trees? Finding hidden pots of gold? Hitting Lotto? Why don't you tell people?

Certain of my colleagues have articulated the reasonable belief that - despite what you say - your "system" involves signing up with cookie-cutter "wellness" MLM Melaleuca. Certain of your bios scattered around the net (such as this one) peg you as a Melaleuca "Executive Director". So what do "Women Earning Six Figures" do to, well, earn six figures? Sign up under you as a Melaleuca distributor? That's good for you, I suppose, but how good is it for them?

Why don't we take a look at Melaleuca's 2010 income figures to get an idea as to the odds of a woman (or a man, for that matter) earning six figures? We see from their own spin on the numbers - we'll get to the spin below - that it's only at the "Executive Director" level that distributors average "six figures". Again by their own spin, only 12% of Melaleuca distributors reach "Director" level, and only 1.3% of that 12% reach "Executive Director". 1.3% of 12% is 0.156%, or 0.00156. That means that only 3 of every 2000 "active" (see below) Melaleuca distributors ever reach the vicinity of six figures. But sign up with you and it's a lock, right?

The "spin" to which I refer: First of all, the Melaleuca numbers are averages, not medians. The average is always skewed upwards by the highest incomes; the median - the amount made by the distributor at the 50% mark of all distributors in the rank - is a much better gauge. Second, look at the fine print on the bottom of the page. The numbers include only those distributors who were "active during all twelve months" of 2009. What does "active" mean? Since they don't define it, it means whatever they want it to mean - and, whatever it means, anyone who misses a month is out of the picture. Third, the numbers only include the distributors "who performed the minimum activity required at each status level". What the hell does that mean? Again, whatever they want. How many of Melaleuca's distributors do these undefined qualifications cut out? Half? Ninety percent? Who knows?

"Judge Roy Bean" our company has strick internet guidelines so your comment that most promoters can get away with anything on their websites, is false.


So why don't you show proof that, say, one out of four people who sign up with you are actually making six figures? Why don't you show proof that anyone who signed up with you actually makes six figures? Not gonna do that? So I guess that you can say anything you want on your website, right?

Please keep this up. Especially the threats. It has the potential to be a lot of fun.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby notorial dissent » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Arthur, thank you, I was going to be quiet and patient, I obviously didn’t read this particular screed very closely either, ah well.

Denise, welcome.....

Dear Denise, one really should read what one writes before one published it, and then one should think very carefully about what one puts in print before one does so. You didn’t.

Before I go any further, let me say, that I am glad that you can stay home and work around your family and that whatever “this” is seems to work out for you.

I have no real problem with Melaleuca. I do have a problem with people selling overpriced products of dubious quality or value and pretending they are doing something otherwise. There are certain things that set off my WTF!!!! meter, sorry, your stuff does big time.

Altough I can certainly understand some people may be skeptical, synical or cautious
Well, that might have to do with neither you nor your website presenting anything but scepticism inducing material. I like “magic words”, I really do, they always induce scepticism and throw my hooey meter in to overdrive, and right now it is pegged.

you might want to consider being careful not to Slander/Libel especially in an online public forum
Ooh good, I can’t tell you many scam artists start out with these particular line. The thing is, that someone has to state something that ISN’t true or verifiable, so far hasn’t happened, and stating an opinion or asking a question is neither.

You see, the problem is that YOUR website says absolutely nothing, but uses a lot of “magic words” which generally does not bode well, and speaks volumes. If you have nothing to hide, then why obfuscate it behind a bunch of meaningless words and phrases, never a good sign.


we wouldnt hold an A rating with the BBB and have been in business 26 years
Which “we” would that be, by the way?

The car allowance, we said no selling, we said we dont take orders, we said we dont inventory,
Say what??? Then just what is it you do to earn that Six Figures you’re claiming?

The word products is not mentioned in either the print ad or the website.
Precisely, see above comment.

Magic words: lots and lots of magic words

• A Proven System for Your Success one of my favorite sets of magic words
• Simple Step-By-Step Training
• Professional Mentoring and Coaching
• Unlimited Team Support
• Personalized Web Sites
• Monthly Leadership Publications
• Global Marketing Potential
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee


Magic words: more magic words

• Dependable, Accumulating Monthly Income
• Bonuses
• Incentives
• Car Allowance
• Job Stability
• Security

Magic words all over the place, and yet not one word about what it is you are actually doing for those six figures on your website. Really really not a good sign.

Please feel free to enlighten us, I honestly would like to know just what it is you do to earn that six figures, and just what it is you are doing that isn't MLM or selling a "system" or "selling" a useless product.
Last edited by notorial dissent on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for typo
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
 
Posts: 5807
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Arthur Rubin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:02 am

notorial dissent wrote:Magic other magic words:

...
• Car Allowance
:?
Last edited by notorial dissent on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed formatting
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 12:02 am
Location: Brea, CA

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby ArthurWankspittle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:57 am

Thule wrote:
webhick wrote:
  • Work from home
  • Award-winning company
  • Executive-style income
  • Enjoy your family
  • No selling
  • No inventory
  • No party plan
  • NO RISK
  • Create your future today!


Um, prostitution?

(Edit: OK, the "no selling".)
Obviously your pimp does the selling.
Just how much would YOU bid for a property that the Feds will not guarantee is bomb-free?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Quatloos Immigration Control

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Denise » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:26 am

Wserra,

What we say on our website says enough for someone to decide if they wish to receive more information or not. If you read the website you will see,

“Because our company prides itself in high ethical standards and the number of requests we get on a daily basis, we give you the information live in a professional format, we do not send information out via email”

Perhaps your offended we don’t have all the information online. That doesn’t make it a bad website or a scam. That’s your personal opinion which you are entitled to. There are many business’s out there in the Corporate world that don’t put everything on a website.

Again Wserra, we are not distributors. If people find a place where they can save money then its good for them regardless if they ever decide to build a business and make some money.

Your "averages" rant. You forgot to mention that this number includes customers and business builders, which drastically changes the information.

1 in 5 business in Corporate America fail. Why is that? So opening your own business is a scam because of the high failure rate in the corporate world? Why do some students get all A’s and others who have the potential to, have the information to, have the materials at their fingertips to yet don’t? Is it possible because some students put in more EFFORT then others? My child is a straight A student, she puts in the effort, she utilizes all the information and tools available to her, she works hard. While others sit and play video games and blame the school system for failing them.

The bottom line is, I work. Some folks don’t work at all, some folks work very little, some folks work part time. It’s each person’s choice if and what they will or wont do. That doesn’t make it a scam. A Scam is when people get hurt financially, a scam is illegal. People don’t get hurt here.

@ Notorial dissent,
Melaleuca’s products are not overpriced. They are lower priced in most cases, then their competitor name brand products, thus people save money shopping there. Not to mention the many other membership benefits that help people save money in other areas of their lives.

Perhaps the words on my website bother you, but that is your opinion and your entitled to your opinion but not everyone feels the same way you do. But if you think my words are Magic then I will take that as a complement! :D
Denise
 

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Arthur Rubin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:18 am

Denise wrote:1 in 5 business in Corporate America fail. Why is that? So opening your own business is a scam because of the high failure rate in the corporate world?
1 in 1000 MLM distributors (or whatever you call them in Melaleuca) succeed. There's a significant difference between 4 in 5 (although 1 in 5 is probably more accurate) and 1 in 1000.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 12:02 am
Location: Brea, CA

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Kestrel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 am

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Denise wrote:1 in 5 business in Corporate America fail. Why is that? So opening your own business is a scam because of the high failure rate in the corporate world?
1 in 1000 MLM distributors (or whatever you call them in Melaleuca) succeed. There's a significant difference between 4 in 5 (although 1 in 5 is probably more accurate) and 1 in 1000.

Just out of curiosity I googled "Melaleuca Income Statistics" and up popped the company's official press releases for 2010, 2009, and 2004. Looking at them side-by-side I saw something interesting. 19 out of 20 people fail to earn more than minimum wage with Melaleuca, and after six years those numbers haven't improved.

In 2004, 3.93% of all Melaleuca "Business Builders" had "Advanced Leadership Status" and averaged 6-figure incomes. In 2004 another 2.8% of all Melaleuca "Business Builders" had "Initial Leadership Status" and their average incomes were just above minimum wage. The remaining 93+% averaged far less than minimum wage.

Fast-forward to 2010 and what do we see?

In 2010, 3.91% of all Melaleuca "Business Builders" had "Advanced Leadership Status" and averaged 6-figure incomes. Almost exactly the same number as 2004; more than likely it's the same people. There is NO upward mobility into the Melaleuca 6-figure income ranks; the numbers are NOT expanding. They shrank!

In 2010 another 2.6% of all Melaleuca "Business Builders" had "Initial Leadership Status" and their average incomes were just above minimum wage. That's DOWN from 2004 figure. Again, not good. There is not any expansion whatsoever in the number of people earning just above minimum wage. And again, well over 93% of Melaleuca "Business Builders" earned far less than minimum wage.

Denise, if you were starting your own business in any other company, and after six years you were still earning less than what you could make as a Wal-Mart cashier, would you consider yourself successful? You tossed out the figure "1 in 5 businesses fail." In Melaleuca, in any particular year, 19 out of 20 "Business Builders" fail. If I were you, I'd reconsider that Wal-Mart job.
---------------
Edit: corrected links to Melaleuca documents
Last edited by Kestrel on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
User avatar
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Hovering overhead, scanning for prey

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby ArthurWankspittle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 am

Denise wrote:What we say on our website says enough for someone to decide if they wish to receive more information or not. If you read the website you will see,

“Because our company prides itself in high ethical standards and the number of requests we get on a daily basis, we give you the information live in a professional format, we do not send information out via email”

Perhaps your offended we don’t have all the information online. That doesn’t make it a bad website or a scam. That’s your personal opinion which you are entitled to. There are many business’s out there in the Corporate world that don’t put everything on a website.
Could you pick out a handful of Corporate businesses (not in MLM) where their website doesn't tell you what they sell, produce or what service they provide?
Denise wrote:Again Wserra, we are not distributors.
I'm back to "If..duck...etc."
Denise wrote:1 in 5 business in Corporate America fail. Why is that? So opening your own business is a scam because of the high failure rate in the corporate world? Why do some students get all A’s and others who have the potential to, have the information to, have the materials at their fingertips to yet don’t? Is it possible because some students put in more EFFORT then others? My child is a straight A student, she puts in the effort, she utilizes all the information and tools available to her, she works hard. While others sit and play video games and blame the school system for failing them.

The bottom line is, I work. Some folks don’t work at all, some folks work very little, some folks work part time. It’s each person’s choice if and what they will or wont do. That doesn’t make it a scam. A Scam is when people get hurt financially, a scam is illegal. People don’t get hurt here.
Two points: One, just because you put effort into something doesn't mean it's not a scam. People must have put effort into setting up scams. Two, "people don't get hurt here." So working for less than minimum wage isn't "getting hurt"? Spending hours and hours of effort in doing something which is supposed to be building a business but ends up paying pennies isn't "getting hurt"? Especially when someone else is getting a cut somewhere.
Denise wrote:Melaleuca’s products are not overpriced. They are lower priced in most cases, then their competitor name brand products, thus people save money shopping there. Not to mention the many other membership benefits that help people save money in other areas of their lives.
So are you now saying you sell this product? (As opposed to distribute it?)
Denise wrote:Perhaps the words on my website bother you, but that is your opinion and your entitled to your opinion but not everyone feels the same way you do.
They bother me because they are the same generalisations and platitudes I see with MLM, "get rich quick" "success" type schemes that never seem to work for the average guy taking them up.
Just how much would YOU bid for a property that the Feds will not guarantee is bomb-free?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Quatloos Immigration Control

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby notorial dissent » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Denise wrote:Melaleuca’s products are not overpriced. They are lower priced in most cases, then their competitor name brand products, thus people save money shopping there. Your opinion, and biased, if you don’t mind my pointing out the obvious. I know what goes into those products and the price does not in any way compare with the actual value of either the materials or the end product. Although I wasn’t specifically referring to Melaleuca, but now that you mention it....

Not to mention the many other membership benefits that help people save money in other areas of their lives. Now we get to the money shot as they say, the only benefit to this is to the next person up the line, otherwise, none at all. If the products were sold honorably and at a reasonable price to begin with then this wouldn’t be necessary, but then if it were, all the “members” upstream wouldn’t be living off of those below them now would they?

Perhaps the words on my website bother you...
You are quite right about that, they do bother me, they bother me a great deal, because despite your protestations to the contrary you have done nothing to alleviate my concern(s), and in fact, you have in fact verified it/them.

You were asked a very simple straightforward question,
“What do you do to earn your six figure income?” as you so loudly and boldly proclaim on your website. You not only have not answered the question, you have continued to obfuscate. Your answer is the same as we get from someone peddling the latest sure fire guaranteed scheme to get rich selling nonexistent Peruvian bearer bonds, “oh, it’s a super secret patented process we can only tell you about when you give us X amount of money”, which means it is a fraud and a lie. Is that simple enough for you?

The problem I have, is that you are playing word games, and continue to play word games, usually indicative of someone hiding something, hint that’s a polite way of saying lying. I am not saying you are, I am just relying on the duck metaphor.

You see, the problem is that I don’t know what it is you are doing, and your refusal to actually say what you are doing and the way you are going about doing it, puts you pretty much in the same place as all the other scam artists we see as far as appearances go. This may well be entirely wrong, but appearances are what they are. I am certainly not saying, and in fact do not think you are doing anything illegal or dishonest let’s be clear about that, but by the same token, I do not think you are being straightforward or honest about what it is you are doing. The other thing of it is, that while MLM’s etc are not in and of themselves illegal, or dishonest, the presentations they make to people generally are, most of those involved in them never get to the point they are actually making any appreciable money out of it, and would in fact be better off working at a mundane job, which isn’t to say it can’t be done, just that it doesn’t happen often enough to make the glowing presentations anything more than false advertising. That is basically the problem here.


But if you think my words are Magic then I will take that as a complement!
Don’t, they almost always indicate falsehood, deceit, fraud, out right lies. It is not in the least bit flattering when used in context here. It is the equivalent of calling a legal argument “frivolous”, which is not in the least flattering or to be desired.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
 
Posts: 5807
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby wserra » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Denise wrote:What we say on our website says enough for someone to decide if they wish to receive more information or not.


"Women Earning Six Figures" says nothing on its site. What you do say amounts to "Do you want to make a lot of money without having to work for it?" Who's gonna say "no" to that? "No, I'd rather work eighty-hour weeks in the coal mines for minimum wage." All your site does is dangle the hook without even hinting at what those who bite will face.

If you read the website you will see,

“Because our company prides itself in high ethical standards and the number of requests we get on a daily basis, we give you the information live in a professional format, we do not send information out via email”


Translation: "If we put this stuff out there in writing it will be obvious that it's smoke and mirrors. Therefore we won't. We'll contact you personally, which will do two things. First of all, the hard sell is much easier live than in print. Second, live contacts don't leave a written record of what we tell you." And WTF does the number of requests have to do with whether you put information on your web site?

Perhaps your offended we don’t have all the information online.


"Offended" is the wrong word. I have no personal interest in Women Earning Six Figures. "Suspicious" is better. And why won't you answer direct questions here? There are a dozen or so in my previous post that you completely ignored.

That doesn’t make it a bad website or a scam.


Half right. Given what you probably do, it may be a very good site.

As for the numbers: Kestrel's and mine come from Melaleuca itself. They're abysmal. Success (defined as making what you could at Wal-Mart or Mickey D's) of one distributor in five is orders of magnitude beyond the wildest dreams of any MLM.

Doesn't stop 'em from calling themselves names like "Women Earning Six Figures".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: Women Earning Six Figures

Postby Denise » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Yes the numbers do come from Melaleuca however again you missed the point that they include all customers and many of the people who open a membership simply just want to be a customer and shop and save. I think you would be hard-pressed to find any other company that would put everything in writing like that. High, Average and low.

Interesting that folks buying real products that they really use, that don't require safety caps, helping folks keep harsh chemicals out of their homes, keep their kids safer, saving money while doing so, getting better products then their competitors like Tide is a scam, because Melaleuca gives their revenues back to the end consumer rather then advertising, but when you buy products like Tide, Lysol who pay Billions in advertising each year etc and then sell to Wal-Mart, that isn’t a scam?! So Tide/Lysol/Tilex isn’t overpriced? Somehow Tide/Lysol/Tilex is honorable? Because its sold on a grocery store shelf, its honorable? That makes no sense at all. Just because your sold out on that way of shopping doesn’t make it honorable. All those people shopping are duped into thinking they are buying safe items simply because they are sold on the grocery store shelf idea. Its sheer ignorance and brain washing by the Billions spent on advertising but to you that’s more honorable, lets keep our nation ignorant and broke. Hmmmm


http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/je ... l-13675619


I use Pampered Chef products, I also love Creative Memories and have many wonderful albums. Many of the folks who get started in those party plans, never make any money and they spend hundreds to get started with a boat load of products they must inventory and sell. Still I'd rather buy from my friend and support her then buy at from a big commercial company, but you all would rather see that Mom trying to make some additional income be squashed because they don’t live up to your standards, they don’t punch a time clock and get minimum wage. Lets keep people broke and poor at minimum wage then give them a chance to do something about their situation. Small brick and mortar business owners don’t make minimum wage either.

Sad mentality when you think about it.

I suggest you look at Jim Rohn and Success Magazine, but I highly doubt you would pick them up because your mindset isn’t focused on that mindset.

As my website says, people have the opportunity to get the details via a professional live format. Not over the website. Many people don’t feel offended by it at all.

It is all in writing and people do see it in writing. Hard sell, really? Over less then $30.00 for a membership fee that’s refundable for 4 months!? :roll:

Again,
We are proud to be partnered with an Inc. 500, Multiple Award-winning, International Wellness Company with incredible credentials. This is a strong, stable, legitimate company. They are continually expanding worldwide with explosive growth. This company is continuously awarded and recognized by the United States Chamber of Commerce, Inc. 500 Magazine, USA Today, CNN and The BBB (of which we hold an A rating), among other noteworthy and prestigious institutions. We have also won the Environmental Excellence Award and our company's kindness in times of need has awarded us recognition from the American Red Cross, Circle of Humanitarians Award, and the Salvation Army.

I get your main job here is to bash network marketing companies, if that's what you choose to do with your time, have at it. But that doesn’t change the fact that your information is skewed.
Denise
 

Next

Return to MLM Scams Forum (as if any of them aren't)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests