Bob Hurt, Tommy Cryer, "secret" meetings, etc.

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
buck09
Quatloosian Baron of the Unknown Statute

Re: Bob Hurt, Tommy Cryer, "secret" meetings, etc.

Post by buck09 »

Demosthenes wrote:49 bucks a night? Wow.
Please ask for “TRUTH ATTACK” Group block name when calling in to ensure you will receive the iscounted group rate.
I'd rather pay the published rate from the hotel door than tell someone I'm part of the "truth attack" group.
I’ll help them get more power at the Fed. - Ron Paul
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I'd rather pay my taxes than have to hole up in a $49 dollar a day room.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The Observer wrote:I'd rather pay my taxes than have to hole up in a $49 dollar a day room.
Especially one in a hotel that employs someone named Crystal Thrasher. I don't want to imagine what she does to fine china.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yes, but then you are thinking with more than your remaining three grey cells, and realize what the admission means in the “real” world. Let’s not forget of whom we are speaking here.

I'm just surprised they aren't required to bring their secret decoder and recognition rings with them to get in, after all it is a "secret" meeting of the great minds of the TP movement. And I can't tell you the number of bad puns that just came to mind, so I will quit while I still have something left of my dignity.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

-----Original Message-----
From: garyfranchi@aweber.com [mailto:garyfranchi@aweber.com] On Behalf Of Restore the Republic!
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:36 AM
Subject: [URGENT] - Unifying the Movement this Weekend

This weekend the 2008 American Liberty Council will convene.
Organized by Tom Cryer's Truth Attack, the meeting will be
attended by leaders from organizations across the Freedom
Movement. The thrust of this meeting to discuss unifying
organizations within the movement for the purpose of
restoring the republic together.

http://rtrmoneybomb.chipin.com/liberty-council-08

Congressman Ron Paul on the 2008 Liberty Council:

"Truth Attack's common sense approach to the task of
restoring our freedom and our Constitutional republic
is long overdue and deserves our full support."

This is a no-frills meeting of leaders, there will be no
entertainment and no tabling, just a hardcore meeting of
the minds to discuss the current State of the Union and
the direction of the movement. The attendance of Restore
the Republic National Director Gary Franchi and our resident
Constitutional expert Michael Lemieux is critical and
historical.

We need to raise $1500 to send both to Houston, Texas to
attend.

Can you chip in a few dollars to help us with registration,
travel and lodging expenses?

Please, click here to chip in and for more information:
http://rtrmoneybomb.chipin.com/liberty-council-08

Sent from the freedom fighters at:

RestoreTheRepublic.com, 3149 Dundee Rd #176, Northbrook, Illinois 60062, USA
Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Well, Saturday, October 11th is meetin' day in Houston....

If, unbeknownst to many of the attendees, law enforcement personnel are present at the meeting, what are the chances that law enforcement will observe two or more people at the meeting engaging in the conduct described here . . . .
If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. [ . . . ]
--18 USC 371.

Or, maybe the conduct described here . . . .
Any person who willfully attempts in any manner to evade or defeat any tax imposed by this title or the payment thereof shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.
--26 USC 7201.

Or maybe here . . . .
Any person who—

[ . . . ]

Willfully aids or assists in, or procures, counsels, or advises the preparation or presentation under, or in connection with any matter arising under, the internal revenue laws, of a return, affidavit, claim, or other document, which is fraudulent or is false as to any material matter, whether or not such falsity or fraud is with the knowledge or consent of the person authorized or required to present such return, affidavit, claim, or document [ . . . ] shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 3 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.
--26 USC 7206(2).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Where's the fun in infiltrating a bunch of windbags?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

FBI hazing ritual for new agents?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I don't know how the Tommy Cryer get-together in Houston went, but Bob Hurt is now trying to organize his own meeting in Houston, this one to feature Larry Becraft:
Okay, I'm doing a poll.
How many of you will attend a seminar in Houston on the subject of income tax and how to beat the criminals in the IRS?

Seminar - income tax law and beating the IRS, featuring Alabama anti-IRS-criminal attorney Larry Becraft (and possibly others)
Date - sometime in November, probably the 22nd, Saturday, possibly Sunday too
Time - 8 AM to 6 PM, 1 hour for lunch
Venue - Houston, Texas
Location - to be determined, based on size of audience;
Cost - $100 for the day per attendee, plus $50 for spouse, teenager free, pay in advance
Amenities - coffee and water
Food - extra via box lunch or local eatery

In case you don't know, Larry has dozens of years of experience litigating against the DOJ/IRS in income tax cases. He is one of the few attorneys who believes wholeheartedly that no law makes the typical American liable for any income tax.

If this interests you and you want to attend, send me a return email.

If you perform an service or offer a product that might interest attendees, let me know. I will need to arrange tables for display.

I shall firm up plans based on response during the next week. Please forward this all over the place. If you know any Texas groups with members embattled by the IRS, have the leaders contact me.

I need at least 75 attendees to justify the seminar financially.

And YES I'D LOVE TO DO IT FREE, but I can't. I feel certain that you will consider it a bargain, particularly if it helps you win your case or your IRS troubles.

I encourage car-pooling. If you live in or near Houston and feel willing to host one or more attendees in your home, please let me know.

I don't have a lot of available days to make arrangements, so please RSVP.
--from Bob Hurt's "lawmen" google newsgroup, 31 October 2008 (bolding added).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Famspear wrote:I don't know how the Tommy Cryer get-together in Houston went, but Bob Hurt is now trying to organize his own meeting in Houston, this one to feature Larry Becraft:
Cost - $100 for the day per attendee, plus $50 for spouse, teenager free, pay in advance
--from Bob Hurt's "lawmen" google newsgroup, 31 October 2008 (bolding added).
I see he's taken care of most of the cost of having teenagers over, but isn't he worried about shapeshifting Reptilians (I mean, IRS agents)? I wouldn't put it past some of them to spend their own $100 to get tips.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Given the proximity of Ron Paul's district to Houston, I suspect he could get two or three hundred people but it would have to be considerably less than $100. :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

but isn't he worried about shapeshifting Reptilians (I mean, IRS agents)? I wouldn't put it past some of them to spend their own $100 to get tips.
If you perform an service or offer a product that might interest attendees, let me know. I will need to arrange tables for display.
Maybe the IRS will attend as a vendor.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Quixote wrote:
but isn't he worried about shapeshifting Reptilians (I mean, IRS agents)? I wouldn't put it past some of them to spend their own $100 to get tips.
(chuckle) Yep, I can just see the line of people at the "IRS table".......
webhick

Post by webhick »

Quixote wrote:
A while ago, I entertained the notion of registering the trade name "Illuminati" with my state. I even had a joke application filled out where under purpose it said "To engage in and orchestrate worldwide conspiracies, to undermine the faith of all people everywhere by disseminating misinformation, and to point and laugh at outsiders." If I had $50 to throw away, I would totally do it. And I don't think there are any laws to stop me, either.

So anyway, if I had done it, I would be toying with the idea of setting up a table there.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

webhick wrote:A while ago, I entertained the notion of registering the trade name "Illuminati" with my state. I even had a joke application filled out where under purpose it said "To engage in and orchestrate worldwide conspiracies, to undermine the faith of all people everywhere by disseminating misinformation, and to point and laugh at outsiders."

You're familiar with the International Jewish Conspiracy ("From the People Who Brought You Banking") site, right? Good stuff. If I had the time and we had a group of folks, I'd contribute to an "Illuminati" site. Lots of the content could be quite similar to Q, except we wouldn't have to be polite to every nit^H^H^H misunderstood person online.

I must subconsciously feel that I don't spend enough time avoiding work here.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick

Post by webhick »

wserra wrote:
webhick wrote:A while ago, I entertained the notion of registering the trade name "Illuminati" with my state. I even had a joke application filled out where under purpose it said "To engage in and orchestrate worldwide conspiracies, to undermine the faith of all people everywhere by disseminating misinformation, and to point and laugh at outsiders."

You're familiar with the International Jewish Conspiracy ("From the People Who Brought You Banking") site, right? Good stuff. If I had the time and we had a group of folks, I'd contribute to an "Illuminati" site. Lots of the content could be quite similar to Q, except we wouldn't have to be polite to every nit^H^H^H misunderstood person online.

I must subconsciously feel that I don't spend enough time avoiding work here.
Yeah, I occasionally check out the site. I try not to read it often for fear that I might accidentally steal their ideas for my blog.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Bob Hurt wrote:Cost - $100 for the day per attendee, plus $50 for spouse, teenager free, pay in advance
For $100, I better be getting at LEAST a box lunch and more selections than coffee or water. Even a mentally-challenged TP would see this is a very bad deal.

(And an interesting tidbit: If Bob actually succeeds in pulling this off and has 100 couples show up, he'll be making $15,000 right off the top. Even after the meeting-room cost and speakers fees to Becraft, he'll still be making a tidy profit.

What a jerk. :roll: )
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Trippy wrote:
Bob Hurt wrote:Cost - $100 for the day per attendee....

(And an interesting tidbit: If Bob actually succeeds in pulling this off and has 100 couples show up, he'll be making $15,000 right off the top. Even after the meeting-room cost and speakers fees to Becraft, he'll still be making a tidy profit.

What a jerk. :roll: )
I'm going to assume you've never attended a TP event. 100 people is an astounding number for a turnout for a paid event. I think their target is probably 50. Remember that the planners of the event can't even afford to get there on own.

Also, mismanagement of money is a common ailment among tps. I guarantee Bob would find a way to waste his profit away through stupidity.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Imalawman wrote:I'm going to assume you've never attended a TP event. 100 people is an astounding number for a turnout for a paid event. I think their target is probably 50.
I'm gonna guess that under the laws of physics, if the tax protester contentration factor, or TPCF, reaches greater than a certain number, say, so many tax protesters per square foot of floor space, they reach the intellectual equivalent of critical mass -- more like negative critical mass -- and they just implode and convert themselves to a cosmic form of pure, unadulterated BS (as opposed to pure "energy"). Just too much Narcissism in one physical space for the ordinary laws of physics to handle.

Or, is it that if the TPCF is exceeded, they would form some sort of intellectual equivalent of a black hole? Yeah, that's the ticket! Maybe an intellectual black hole -- sucking in all the Narcissism in the vicinity, and curving space and warping time.

Scary.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Famspear wrote:
Imalawman wrote:I'm going to assume you've never attended a TP event. 100 people is an astounding number for a turnout for a paid event. I think their target is probably 50.
I'm gonna guess that under the laws of physics, if the tax protester contentration factor, or TPCF, reaches greater than a certain number, say, so many tax protesters per square foot of floor space, they reach the intellectual equivalent of critical mass -- more like negative critical mass -- and they just implode and convert themselves to a cosmic form of pure, unadulterated BS (as opposed to pure "energy"). Just too much Narcissism in one physical space for the ordinary laws of physics to handle.

Or, is it that if the TPCF is exceeded, they would form some sort of intellectual equivalent of a black hole? Yeah, that's the ticket! Maybe an intellectual black hole -- sucking in all the Narcissism in the vicinity, and curving space and warping time.

Scary.
Scary yes, but you may have stumbled upon something very important to the solving energy crisis: If we are able to capture the methane produced from the PUBS (pure unadulterated BS), it might allow us to gain tremendous progress in weaning the U.S. off foreign oil. Oil production from offshore drilling and ANWR would take years to be effective in reducing our imports but the TCPF/PUBS factor could be instituted very quickly and take advantage of the existing natural gas distribution infrastructure.