$300,000 Income Tax Reward (Peymon Mottahedeh)

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Re: $300,000 Income Tax Reward (Peymon Mottahedeh)

Post by Number Six »

This must be unique, having an active tax protester who still hasn't been shut down after all these years interact with members and experts on this site. Give me the top experts in tax fraud and evasion any day who have soundness of legal judgment and mind that people who persist in gaming the system through torturous legal logic and offer specious challenges to reward people for proving what would never satisfy the guy who doesn't even have the 300 Clevelands.... I've seen most of these cartoon characters come down the pike who flourished in the 1990s, finally the party was largely over for them in the 2000s. I wonder how the current state and federal budget deficits will affect government attitudes toward tax fraud and evasion? Just look at Dan Evans' tax protester faq or Dan Pilla whose father went to jail: https://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html https://www.taxhelponline.com/resources ... laims.html
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My impression, FWIW, is that Peymon has managed to survive, despite his boasts and braggadocio in forums like this, has otherwise very intentionally managed to keep an otherwise low profile and stay mostly under the radar as far as the Feds are concerned. My opinion is that he does his best to project an aura of insignificance, which isn't actually untrue, so the authorities tend to ignore him, which you must admit they pretty much have. Even with the actual, valid tax case they have against him nothing much has happened, certainly not in comparison to just about any of the now busted big name gurus. Basically he doesn't really make himself visible to the Feds and he hasn't taken the tack of painting a bullseye on his back, and unlike most of the others he doesn't use his theories in court, he just relies on other bad legal theory.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Anyone has tried to Collect the $300,000 Income Tax Reward yet?

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:01 pm Peymon is facing a deadline of June 16 to file his opening brief with the Court.
So did Peymon meet the deadline for the brief filing? Or did he blow that deadline like he did with his appeal to the Ninth?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

He filed a motion asking for more time on June 22 - six days after his opening brief was due. Nothing further as of now. The Ninth could summarily deny it, since it was filed out of time, but probably won't. His wife's time - she, unlike him, is represented - was extended to August 16.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Mottahedeh opening brief now due September 16.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Thanks, Wes.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

April Mottahedeh (now pro se) neither filed a brief nor requested more time. Guess it's not that important to her.

The time for Peymon's brief is extended to October 15. The Circuit told him he was not likely to get more time, COVID or no COVID.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The Mrs. has gone pro se? Guess Peymon convinced her that he had a very cunning plan to win the appeal.

wserra

Post by wserra »

Mottahedeh claims that he has retained appellate counsel, someone he calls "Chuck MacFarland" (actual name: Charles E. McFarland of New Castle, KY). The Ninth Circuit gave him until December 29 to file his brief. My crystal ball tells me that a real lawyer won't assert Payme's bilge. We'll see.

Meanwhile, April Mottahedeh also claims to have found appellate counsel, one Peter Gibbons of Carson City, NV. I've seen that name before, but don't have time to track it down right now. Her appeal has been reinstated (it had been dismissed failure to prosecute). Her brief is due in three days (Dec 7). So far, neither a notice of appearance nor a motion to extend the time appears in the docket.
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:52 am[ . . . ] April Mottahedeh also claims to have found appellate counsel, one Peter Gibbons of Carson City, NV. [ . . . ]
Kent Hovind was represented by a Peter Gibbons in one of Hovind's cases in U.S. Tax Court.

See:

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/kent-hovind
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I will wish April all the best, she is gonna need it, and for all the good it will probably do, I would suspect she is brunt toast at this point appeal or no appeal. She might get some mitigation depending on how generous they are feeling, but I doubt it. If Peymon went with a for real lawyer, which I think he routinely does when he gets in tax trouble, I suspect he will do his usual and try for a regular tax court defense, for all the good it will likely do. It looked to me like they had him/them dead to rights and I can't imagine what they could come up with as an excuse at this point since they should be down to procedure and law. I just have a real problem trying to work up/find any kind of sympathy for him/them. He is a tax scammer and more importantly a sucker scammer(his students) so sympathy is in real short to really non-existent supply here.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:42 pmKent Hovind was represented by a Peter Gibbons in one of Hovind's cases in U.S. Tax Court.
Right. He also represented Dave Champion, one of the most obnoxious TPs of all time. He hasn't been very active over the last several years, though, at least not in federal courts. A random sampling of his cases show that many of them (like Champion's) are govt petitions to enforce an IRS summons.

And there is nothing new in either Mottahedeh docket. April's opening brief was due four days ago.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Payme: December 29 came and went. No Ninth Circuit brief or application.

April: Peter Gibbons has actually appeared. Pending application to extend to March 22.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:09 pm Payme: December 29 came and went. No Ninth Circuit brief or application.

April: Peter Gibbons has actually appeared. Pending application to extend to March 22.
I wonder if Mottahedeh and McFarland have had a strong disagreement about how this case will be presented to the Circuit. Either over whether McFarland will present Peymon's nonsensical theories on why he is not liable for taxes, or, as it is more likely, if he will get paid.

And anyone wanna establish the odds of Gibbons convincing April to drop her appeal before March 29th while she is ahead (as much as she can be at this point)?

wserra

Post by wserra »

In an application filed on January 4, Mottahedeh claims that Peter Gibbons has agreed to represent him as well as his wife. As of today, over a week later, no appearance from Gibbons. The Ninth gave him until January 19 for either a pro se brief or a lawyer's appearance.
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

wserra wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:36 am In an application filed on January 4, Mottahedeh claims that Peter Gibbons has agreed to represent him as well as his wife. As of today, over a week later, no appearance from Gibbons. The Ninth gave him until January 19 for either a pro se brief or a lawyer's appearance.
It get tossed if either doesn't happen?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And if it does get tossed, I think that is what Peymon wants to happen. This way he can manipulate his marks into believing that the 9th did not give him the time needed to prepare his utterly devastating appeal that would have certainly destroyed the tax system in this country time-wasting appeal.

Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Where, oh, where is Paymon? Hasn't been around here for 7 months.

Will the poor guy (tax liens and all) finally give up? Maybe figure out there's more money in spouting sov-cit garbage and idiocy than old-school TP nonsense and rubbish? TPs are so yesterday.

Peymon and PH are about the last non-dead TPs who haven't. Excepting (almost dead) Ed Brown, who's never figured anything out. Ask Elaine. Who apparently has.

Section 61? I was waiting for a cite to the goofy tax "wisdom" of Larken Rose from 20 years ago. Very '90s.

C'mon man, ya gotta go with currently cool gibberish. Get with the sov-cit version of gibberish. Modern and up-to-date gibberish. Better gibberish. Just the bestest gibberish. It's where the money is.

There may be a new gibberish sucker born every minute, but they're faddish and fickle. Especially when their leaders, gurus and other miscellaneous gibberish followers go to federal prison over decades, like Ed and Larken and hundreds of others.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

. wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:38 am There may be a new gibberish sucker born every minute, but they're faddish and fickle. Especially when their leaders, gurus and other miscellaneous gibberish followers go to federal prison over decades, like Ed and Larken and hundreds of others.
I would have to agree and it took about 20 years or so of consistent enforcement, prosecution and sentencing to show most of the followers that the detax gurus simply didn't know what they were talking about. Almost all of the gurus knew ahead of time that this stuff didn't really work, but they were counting on the government being weak, unorganized and ineffectual at coming after them. And that was based on the government letting their guard down after the protest movement in the late 60's and early 70's was squashed. It took the government about 10 years to realize that this stuff was popping up again and growing in magnitude which gave the new crop of gurus the motivation and time to start milking the dupes out there.

If there was no money to be made off scamming people into buying a detax package, the gurus would have never emerged in the first place. Yes, genuine idiots like Ed Brown would have still appeared and gone down in flames, but I suspect Peymon would be off hawking Herbalife, Amway or some MLM scam rather than deciding to become the sacrificial lamb for the detax movement.

The movement is pretty much squashed and out of ideas at this point, but it is still a burning ember in the ashes. Someone will eventually start making noise again and seeing how much of their garbage sticks as they fling it out. If the government sits on their thumbs again, we will see the same thing happening again.

wserra

Post by wserra »

I just ran across the latest Peymon Mottahedeh shameless self-promotion. It appears on a site that calls itself "Fearless Nation", which claims that "BigTech just purged the president of the United States and untold numbers of creators and users. We are working around the clock to keep up". Well, it appears that they are, but not the way they meant.

After watching the first couple of minutes of Mottahedeh bullshit, I posted the following in the "Comments" section:
Anyone who wishes to learn the truth about Peymon Mottahedeh should pay a visit to [this thread]. The account is complete with documentary proof - which is conspicuously absent from Mottahedeh's rants.
I checked back in a couple of hours - gone. I posted it again, and checked back in ten minutes - gone again. It seems as though "Fearless Nation" is something of a misnomer. Moreover, it's perfectly OK for them to "purge ... creators and users", just not for other people.

I know I've said it before, but I never cease to chuckle at how these intrepid crusaders against censoring tyranny feel perfectly free to censor, while we govt shills allow anyone who wishes to post here. Including, of course, Mottahedeh himself.
- David Hume