Menard is Daydreaming about Freeman Valley again

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Menard is Daydreaming about Freeman Valley again

Post by Burnaby49 »

He didn't post on FaceBook for almost three months then he just coughed up this one;
Robert Menard
2h ·

Well it has been a very exciting and productive summer.

As many of you know I have long had a dream of setting up a homestead or intentional community which would be shared with like-minded artisans and artists. Well I think after a few false starts I have finally found a suitable location and team. Even though the operation will be smaller scale to start.

We have a nice Barn and rabbit hutch and have created a little chicken Eden by fencing off a large area of scrub brush within which we will have a large chicken coop. They are going to love it!

We also cleared sufficient brush to establish a very large garden which will be prepared before winter and ready to go in the spring.

The property is large enough to build a workshop and a greenhouse. Most exciting is that it is zoned commercial and it has room for a small restaurant operation. So we're looking at setting up a small Roadhouse with a large deck and providing a constantly changing though limited menu for homestyle cooking and catering.

We are doing all of this while capturing video of our efforts with the intent of creating an entertaining and informative TV show showing all of the steps required to create garden beds, raised chickens and goats, and operating a restaurant. Imagine Red Green doing homesteading and operating a restaurant. With a little Trailer Park Boys thrown in for fun.
It has been a lot of work and it's been quite a while since I've worked this old body but I managed to lose a few pounds, get a bit stronger, and get closer to my goal.

Over the winter we will be operating a microgreens indoor farm and selling to local restaurants and residents and may have an in with a couple of large grocery store chains. We are also setting up an indoor meal worm farm for the chickens and looking at growing mushrooms.
All in all, things are going very well!
One could ask why he has any more chance of success now, when he's old and washed-up, than he had when he tried to set up a Freeman Valley in his prime. Back then he had a huge following of true believers but now he has no credibility at all.

He claims to be starting small but he's already talking big. The accompanying photos show a patch of grass and trees and some sheds. I'd be skeptical of even the minimum he's said he's done on the property given that all of the extensive story he spun accompanying his Robo-Breath project, all the hard work he claimed to have done and all the accomplishments he said he'd achieved, were just an outright pack of lies to support a GoFundMe scam.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Menard is Daydreaming about Freeman Valley again

Post by eric »

Hmmmm, zoned commercial and he wants to start a small farm - right. I foresee frozen birds because he doesn't have the cash to heat his coop. Microgreens and worms are simple, but mushrooms? Leave that for the professionals, not a cheap investment in time or labour.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

He's big on talk, useless at execution.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

More daydreaming of empires to come;
Robert Menard
7h ·
So if I invite friends over for dinner and give them a little left overs to take home do I need a restaurant license?

Even better question....

If I am shooting a TV Show or making a movie, and a 'restaurant' is in fact a TV or movie set, and everyone who enters is an 'actor' on the set, playing the role of a customer, does that movie set require a business or restaurant license? And if it is a set for a production, can I feed the talent and ask they pay for their meals?

Of course all that is a moot point, as we already have a business license, and GST number for purchasing wholesale, and having health and safety inspectors coming in would just be a very entertaining segment for the TV Show!

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:09 pm More daydreaming of empires to come;
There's a touch of "If I run a brothel but I film all the patrons. aren't I just running film studio" in that post! :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:36 pm There's a touch of "If I run a brothel but I film all the patrons. aren't I just running film studio" in that post! :snicker:
I think I remember that court case.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Menard's empire building is going into overdrive! First, a New York Times best seller!
First, I have finally started my novel. I am excited to share this story eventually with you all, and am thankful for the friends who inspired me to write it after hearing the story outline. Writing is a lot of work, and demands a level of discipline that I find challenging, but I am getting it done and I am kinda proud of myself for keeping that flame lit. I found I tend to overthink the story, and that binds me up. So as remedy I hit on just speaking into my dictation app and pretending I am telling a story to some children. It becomes much more fun, and less stressful and I can focus on the flow and character development. I imagine the audience asking questions, and me answering them and filling in the blanks which I do after the first reading. It is an epic story. A story of a freedom loving rapscallion in an overly governed dystopian future.

Who do you think Menard pictures in his own mind for the role of the "freedom loving rapscallion"?

And, to top even that, a new publication venture;
What I am really excited about however is the monthly newspaper we are soon to be publishing. It is called that Canada Freedom Gazette, and will be a monthly publication focusing on homesteading, homeschooling, personal freedom, understanding the law, addressing injustice, and sharing the freedom loving perspective. It will be entertaining, informative, empowering and provide a vehicle for serving notice on the governments and as a networking tool for intentional community builders.

As you can imagine there is a lot of work involved, but I am just about there, I just need to assemble a proper Board of Directors to provide the guidance and oversight such a project requires and find a couple more team members. Publishing is a new space to me to work in, and we are looking for a couple more team members with more experience with such endeavours. If you are interested in helping by either being a Director or Team member, feel free to contact us at canadafreedomgazette@proton.me . Put either DIRECTOR or TEAM MEMBER in the subject field depending on your intent. Please include a basic CV.
You can check it out yourselves right here;

https://www.facebook.com/Canada-Freedom ... _tn__=kK-R

Along with a full business plan!
You can get every edition delivered to your door anywhere in Canada for only $2.00 a copy per edition, plus shipping! The first 1000 subscribers will receive an autographed special 1st edition which will sure to be a collectors item.

Advertisers
Do you offer products or services of interest or use to those who are concerned about their food security, rights, freedoms and family life?

Our publication is ideal for those offering products for off grid living, gardening, homesteading, home food preservation, online classes, artisanal and specialty products, personal virtual services, educators, artists, intentional community builders and many others.
Our pricing is very reasonable and we have several promotional strategies unfolding. We have a plan to rapidly grow our subscriptions, and are examining strategic partnerships with various special interest groups.

All ad spaces are identical in size, being 3” x 3”, with several full colour spots available. There will be special lasting benefits for early advertisers. Your support during our startup phase will not be forgotten.

Distributors
Order 10 or more copies and you get them for only $1 each plus shipping. Distribute them to family, friends and neighbours and earn $1 per copy. If you are industrious and creative this could translate into thousands of dollars per month. You are free to sell them on the street, to cafes and retail outlets, or privately and locally.

Then the real purpose for all of this; beer money;
Patrons
Are you wealthy, maybe retired, but trustworthy and capable? Looking for some fun part time activities?

We are looking for patron/investors.

The fact is launching this requires capital, and operating it properly will require guidance snd oversight.

Therefore, we are looking for patrons willing to sit on the Board of Directors. We are looking for those who care enough to help us prime the pump, and then can dedicate a little bit of time every month to help our team define and achieve our goals.
EMAIL canadafreedomgazette@proton.me and let's get this party started!
The usual story, spinning grandiose dreams that go absolutely nowhere when he actually has to do anything to forward them. In Menard's world even an online newsletter requires a Board of Directors and a staff worthy of the Washington Post;
Although these will be a volunteer positions initially, our goal is to create good jobs with competitive and reasonable benefits and pay.

We are looking for an experienced managing editor, advertising representative, distribution manager, graphic artist, business manager, bookkeeper, and workers for shipping and distribution.
I'd say this will rank with all of his past failed business ventures except that he's never really had any past business ventures. He's had a lot of blowhard stories about how he's going to create empires but nothing ever gets past his online ramblings to anything approaching an actual start.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Menard wrote:We are looking for patron/investors.

The fact is launching this requires capital, and operating it properly will require guidance snd oversight.

Therefore, we are looking for patrons willing to sit on the Board of Directors.
And there is the fly in the oinment - Menard has no idea that a board of directors/investors will be a threat to his control over any enterprise that he forms. Once a board starts intervening to protect their investment from Menard's haphazard scheming and outright embezzlement, the whole operation goes down the tubes with infighting and such. The good thing is that, like Burnaby points out, Menard will never put in the effort and discipline necessary to get to the point where he will need a board of directors.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Rupert68
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Rupert68 »

First post here but a long, long time follower.

Has anyone mentioned to Bobby M that paid paper newsletters went the way of the dodo years ago? I'm not particularly skilled but a neighborhood newsletter I produced online years ago did the job nicely using a freeware software package. It was even viewable on mobile for almost no cost.

Can he explain how buying them for a buck and distributing them can make you possibly thousands? Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

Lastly, who can possibly trust a long time verified loser and grifter about anything? Especially a recycled scam like this.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Welcome aboard Rupert although I have to say your first posting on Quatloos misses the point of what Menard's up to;
Has anyone mentioned to Bobby M that paid paper newsletters went the way of the dodo years ago? I'm not particularly skilled but a neighborhood newsletter I produced online years ago did the job nicely using a freeware software package. It was even viewable on mobile for almost no cost.

Can he explain how buying them for a buck and distributing them can make you possibly thousands? Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.
This implies that these factors are relevant to Menard’s plans but he has no idea about the practicalities to achieve them. Production, distribution, profitability are all irrelevant to Menard since he has no intention of actually producing anything. It's all empty talk to con his non-existent followers into coughing up starting funds. Just an extremely petty scam but that's all he has left. None of his schemes have gotten past the point where he'd have to actually do something apart from Face Book postings.

I have the same comment about Observer’s posting;
Menard has no idea that a board of directors/investors will be a threat to his control over any enterprise that he forms. Once a board starts intervening to protect their investment from Menard's haphazard scheming and outright embezzlement, the whole operation goes down the tubes with infighting and such. The good thing is that, like Burnaby points out, Menard will never put in the effort and discipline necessary to get to the point where he will need a board of directors.
While observer and I agree that his idiot idea of a farming/publication/television/Freeman Valley empire is going nowhere the rights and responsibilities of a Board of Directors is totally irrelevant to all of it because he does not plan to actually do anything past Face Book postings. This is just one maybe a dozen scams Menard has thought up in the last decade or so to get pocket change from his followers. None made it past the stage of Menard having to stand up. He might well have a vague idea of a board's duties but dreams of establishing a board in this context are equivalent to him planning his cabinet for when he's Canada's prime minister.

Keep in mind that the only ‘evidence’ for any of this vast empire bullshit is a couple of postings on Face Book, essentially Menard bullshit. He talks about “we” but he always talks about ‘we’ in any of his dreamland empires. His RoboBreath scam claimed to have an army of eager doctors, scientists, engineers, all working away under Menard’s oversight and instructions. In actual fact the ‘we’ in the RoboBreath fantasy boiled down to his ten fingers on the keyboard.

He’s posted three photos of a small patch of scrubland but with nothing presented as evidence to refute the assumption that he just stole them off the internet, the same way he got the videos of the RoboBreath in operation. In any case all the photos show is the equivalent of an everyday rural back yard. A few photos of my back yard would have equal claim as evidence of a burgeoning business empire. Better in fact, we have some tomatoes still ripening along with some green onions.

He set up a GoFundMe for the RoboBreath and managed to con $22 out of his followers. That’s going to seem like riches compared to his final take on this one.

Rupert68
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Rupert68 »

Yeah I know what he's up to. I was listing questions that at least one of his idiot followers should ask.

A lifetime of failures, a perfect record of nothing accomplished. Running like a scared little schoolgirl when faced with the courts instead of demonstrating his brilliance in legal matters.

I love this site, so much entertainment and education.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

It's my opinion that logical explanations on why Menard's schemes are doomed to failure are pointless. We can list out specifics on why his plans are doomed from inception, real world details like the cost and effort required to publish a paper newsletter or the myriad mechanical failures of the piece of crap wheezing away on a table he claimed was a world-saving ventilator. But that's all irrelevant to the issue of his conning whatever tiny remnant is left of his followers. If anyone is stupid and gullible enough to give Menard money for any of his schemes after twenty or so years of the total failure of everything he's promoted then they're beyond anything we post to dissuade them.

In any case he seems to have exhausted the reserves of idiots left to con. The Robobreath was the most elaborate, structured scam he's run in years. He even had a webpage created for it and started a GoFundMe. The net result of his efforts was a massive $22 in donations and I doubt even that was real, I suspect he put that in himself to prime the pump.

Why does he do it then? two reasons I can think of;

1 - What else does he have? he's been totally discredited, he has no credibility left whatever. He hasn't put out a sovereign based video in years, that all ended when we revealed that he'd run from his own trial. He tried his first love, standup comedy, and that was a total failure too. He used to draw paying crowds for his presentations. Now they're just nostalgic memories. So trawling for suckers is as good a way to spend his time as any.

2 - I think he actually enjoys dreaming up these schemes. They're his equivalent of daydreaming. They might actually take him back to his glory days before he scurried away from his big chance, at trial, to defend his legal interpretations in the only venue that matters.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Well, I am not sure how Menard gets by on a daily basis if all that he has raked in over the last two years or so has been $22. Is he living with other people who are putting him up out of a sense of sympathy, a la our ecclesiastical parakeet Belanger's way of getting through life? Is he on the Canadian dole? I doubt that he built himself a RV out of particle board and duct tape. Has he stood around on street corners with signs ("Anything helps" or "God bless you and thanks for the loonie") and a plastic bucket? Has he tried doing comedy as a street busker? Short of any of those ideas actually placing a regular coin in his hand, I am guessing he uses the local library to post to Facebook.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Rupert68
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Rupert68 »

The Observer wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:35 pm Well, I am not sure how Menard gets by on a daily basis if all that he has raked in over the last two years or so has been $22. Is he living with other people who are putting him up out of a sense of sympathy, a la our ecclesiastical parakeet Belanger's way of getting through life? Is he on the Canadian dole? I doubt that he built himself a RV out of particle board and duct tape. Has he stood around on street corners with signs ("Anything helps" or "God bless you and thanks for the loonie") and a plastic bucket? Has he tried doing comedy as a street busker? Short of any of those ideas actually placing a regular coin in his hand, I am guessing he uses the local library to post to Facebook.
Anything that generates coins and requires minimal effort. You can't expect a genius like himself to lower himself to manual labor.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I have no idea how he pays his way through life. He's not making it from any scams he posts on You Tube and I doubt he's getting any traction on any schemes outside of it. He's been too thoroughly discredited to convince anyone with his sovereign bullshit any more and his non-sovereign schemes, like his claimed computer game company or his hydroponic herb scheme, were so superficial that they had no credibility either. Just ideas he threw out rather than actual thought out business plans. Maybe he's on welfare, maybe he still has some of his inheritance from his father, maybe he couch hops from time to time amongst acquaintances.