The Union States Assembly: More "De Jure" Fruitcakes

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

The Union States Assembly: More "De Jure" Fruitcakes

Post by LightinDarkness »

Ladies and gentlemen, it appears as now we have at least THREE different groups claiming to be the real U.S. government:

- Convicted Felon Timothy Turner's Republic of the United States, whom has been claiming to be the real government since 2009.
- That pesky de facto slavery corporation known as the UNITED STATES, which has hilariously been claiming to be the real government since 1776.
- Our newest contender, the Union States Assembly, who has apparently been at it as early as late 2011. Please view the very professionally done website: http://unionstates.wordpress.com/pennsylvania-2/

Our newest contender for government musical chairs is uses the same soverign citizen mythology as RuSA, and in fact I am fairly sure this is a break off group from RuSA in part. They have decided like RuSA that the real US government was abandoned some time ago but don't worry they are going to take over going off the articles of confederation. Now don't you worry about all those parts of the US Confederation dealing with slavery, they have crossed those parts out of their original organic state constitutions.

Like RuSA, this group is about to make a name for itself by doing something supremely stupid which will probably end up in several years in some of them being arrested. As you may recall, the FBI began investigating RuSA President Tim Turner after his group sent soverign notices to all 50 state governors telling them to step down or else. Well this group has the bright idea of sending notices to the Pentagon, the Hague, and the United Nations letting them know that they are the real US government. I am sure the Pentagon will love this.

The fruitcakes have been meeting twice a week for some time now, you can view their calls on talkshoe here:
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/ta ... 598&cmd=tc

On the last conference call they were talking about how they need to quickly notice the Pentagon before the US de facto collapses (where have we heard this before...that the US defacto was collapsing any day now...).
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: The Union States Assembly: More "De Jure" Fruitcakes

Post by LPC »

LightinDarkness wrote:Our newest contender for government musical chairs is uses the same soverign citizen mythology as RuSA, and in fact I am fairly sure this is a break off group from RuSA in part.
Yes, there do seem to be two different salad bowls competing for the same fruit.

See this rather bizarre pseudo-legalistic exchange between Delanne Walts (Union States Assembly) and Nathan Peachy (RuSA) over the competing "jural assemblies" both held on 8/21/2011.

And it looks like the phrase "de facto" has become a general-purpose libel, applied to anything not liked.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It would seem that the "Union" wants to re-assert the Articles of Confederation, rather than the Constitution, and this is its primary difference in philosophy from the RuSA.

Apparently the Union is perfectly satisfied with the institutions of slavery, of only white men voting, and some other things that we are not used to.

I think it is significant, not at all unique but instructive, that when one form of craziness (such as RuSA) fails to achieve its impossible goal, there is migration/commencement of an alternative form of craziness, of comparable nuttiness but possibly with different leaders who imagine that they can succeed where the other failed.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

I am crushed.

I never received an invitation to (or even an announcement of) either the South Carolina Jural convention or the common law Grand Jury leading up to it.

I am contacting the South Caroline Union States Assembly representative in an attempt to determine how the 20-ish people who passed all these laws purport to represent me.

Absent adequate response within the UCC prescribed mandatory waiting period, I will issue warrants for their arrest.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

AndyK wrote:Absent adequate response within the UCC prescribed mandatory waiting period, I will issue warrants for their arrest.
No, you have to claim $10bn in gold or silver coin off each of them, send them an affidavit, then when they don't reply, apply to court for judgement.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

LPC wrote:Yes, there do seem to be two different salad bowls competing for the same fruit.

See this rather bizarre pseudo-legalistic exchange between Delanne Walts (Union States Assembly) and Nathan Peachy (RuSA) over the competing "jural assemblies" both held on 8/21/2011.

And it looks like the phrase "de facto" has become a general-purpose libel, applied to anything not liked.
I think it's more like a lot of fruit in search of an imaginary salad bowl.
Nathan Peachey wrote:...if the rebellion in Pennsylvania is the problem.
Must have missed that, anyone know why it might be a problem?
Also (try to) check out the selected Illuminati women and associated word salad.
http://bigvalleydiscountstore.blogspot. ... anger.html
Dick Dastardly's henchman Klunk made more sense.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I've seen more than one of these fruitcakes proclaim, loud and long, that since the delegates in 1787 had the authority only to REVISE the Articles of Confederation, not REPLACE them, the Constitution is thus invalid. The fact that the thirteen states ratified the replacement, and thus validated the actions of the delegates, seems to have escaped them....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

AndyK wrote:I am contacting the South Caroline Union States Assembly representative in an attempt to determine how the 20-ish people who passed all these laws purport to represent me.
I actually read through the minutes of the Pennsylvania "jural assembly" referenced at the start of this thread, and it noted that there were 17 people present. That's less than the average kindergarten class.

Last time I looked, more than 5,300,000 people voted in Pennsylvania in the last election for the "de facto" governments of Pennsylvania and the United States. And an assembly of less than 0.000321% can overturn that election and create a "du jure" government?

Putting it differently, Congressional candidates of parties other than Republicans or Democrats (i.e., Green Party, independents, etc.) got more than 41,000 votes in Pennsylvania, which is 204,118% more votes these these nuts have.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:..., seems to have escaped them....
There seems to be a very large number of things on that particular list, reality being at the very top.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I've seen more than one of these fruitcakes proclaim, loud and long, that since the delegates in 1787 had the authority only to REVISE the Articles of Confederation, not REPLACE them, the Constitution is thus invalid.
Yeah, but the people who put out the Articles of Confederation had no authority to replace the previous government either. So to follow their logic, and sovs who try to reinstate the Aof C should be arrested by a squad of redcoats.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

However, .... the convention was charged with resolving the problems inherent in the AOC, and the determination by the convention was that it couldn't be done and best to start over with a new document, which they produced. The member states had the option to alter, amend, or dissolve the AOC anytime they saw fit, and after the new constitution was presented and roundly debated, they decided to do just that, and voted to accept the constitution and dissolve the AOC. Minor little details the history illiterate seem bent on not knowing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

notorial dissent wrote: Minor little details the history illiterate seem bent on not knowing.
Considering they come up with sentences that say "have went" I think their illiteracy is not confined to history.

You'll also notice that the latest RuSA missive, from its Acting Speaker of the House, talks about something "per say", so the two groups are well matched.
Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

I was in court with one of these folks once and in response to a diatribe to the effect that the local jural assembly (which we later broke up by arresting the judges) had nullified the arrest, I asked him "What happens if someone else convenes another jural assembly to nullify the nullification? What happens then? Which jural assembly takes precedence, and who makes the rules?" He gave me a deer-in-the-headlights look, sputtered something about the common law, the Bible, and the Constitution, then fell silent to a pronounced rolling of the eyes from the Bench....
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

'Y'know, Chados, I've been impaneled on juries at least five times--and I'd love to be on one with you. With any luck, we'd take over the country.
Last edited by Cathulhu on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
notorial dissent

fortinbras wrote:You'll also notice that the latest RuSA missive, from its Acting Speaker of the House, talks about something "per say", so the two groups are well matched.
I try and make myself not look too closely at the grammar in these things lest I be reduced to a state of constant spitting and hissing, and then my cats look at me funny, well, funnier than they normally do that is.
Flatulating Bovine

Post by Flatulating Bovine »

notorial dissent wrote: I try and make myself not look too closely at the grammar in these things lest I be reduced to a state of constant spitting and hissing, and then my cats look at me funny, well, funnier than they normally do that is.
Your cats are on to you. They are secretly reporting you to a citizens grand jury at Waffle Hut as we speak.
notorial dissent

Not likely, as I am the magic god of the catfood dish, and they aren't about to endanger their free catering and household help services for anything. As to having my number, they got that a very long time ago, which still doesn't mean they don't think I'm strange, if only for the taking my skin off and intentionally getting wet thing I regularly do, you can just see them shaking their heads and wandering off muttering about crazy humans.