Marion Berntsen

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Marion Berntsen

Post by Lambkin »

Wondering if this nice lady is a sovereign or not... sounds like she is a rather weaselly sovereign who doesn't like to commit herself in court.
http://www.nwherald.com/2013/12/03/sove ... s/a60xvlk/
[Anja] Hertel, who lives alone, posted an ad on Craigslist in August to rent out her spare bedroom.

A 73-year-old woman who called herself Jamie Pryce agreed to rent the room. Hertel described the ensuing months as the most difficult time of her life as she quickly realized she was dealing with more than just a combative and messy tenant, and was instead faced with a woman who has a warrant for her arrest in Wisconsin, is defiant of many U.S. laws and has a history of using frivolous lawsuits to rack up thousands in legal fees for her unsuspecting landlords.
Pryce’s real name is Marion F. Berntsen
Berntsen’s actions, along with the wording in many of the legal documents she files, is consistent with the behavior of a sovereign citizen, said Steve Olson, police chief in Fontana, Wis., where Berntsen has a warrant for her arrest and a lengthy rap sheet of similar frivolous lawsuits and traffic violations.
“[Marion Berntsen] has had extensive contact with our department,” Olson said. “She has an extremist view of the government … from my training on sovereign citizens, she appears to fit the description.”

When asked, after her Dec. 17 court appearance, if she was a sovereign citizen, Berntsen replied, “Of course. Aren’t you?”

Berntsen went on to explain how she follows “common law “ and it is her mission to inform “regular” people how to “get justice in the judicial system.” She declined to further elaborate on her views of the judicial system.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Re: Marion Berntsen

Post by jcolvin2 »

Just out of curiosity, why is this posted in non-U.S. section of the sovereign citizen portion of Quatloos? It seems to involve Wisconsin and Illinois, rather than Canada or some other equally exotic locale.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Wishful thinking? :-)

(Actually, my mistake.)
KickahaOta
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by KickahaOta »

Personally I've always had my suspicions about Wisconsin's true loyalties. All that cheese they produce is probably getting funneled into the illicit Canadian poutine rings.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

moved.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

KickahaOta wrote:Personally I've always had my suspicions about Wisconsin's true loyalties. All that cheese they produce is probably getting funneled into the illicit Canadian poutine rings.
Please! The true Québécois wouldn't tolerate American cheese in their "national" dish. Thanks to a benevolent federal government's market protection for the Quebec dairy industry the province has a much greater dairy production than its population needs (they truck Quebec milk 3,000 miles or so to sell at the convenience store by my house) so they have plenty to make their own curd for the poutine.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs