Quickbooks withholds zero federal tax

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Quickbooks withholds zero federal tax

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Imalawman wrote:Also, consider this - I have spent the better part of each day for the last 11 years studying tax law.
Which makes about 11 more than lorne, and 15 more than Pete.

And, on that note, this thread has passed the 100 post mark, so it's closing. Please feel free to return to any of the subjects in a new thread.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
LDE

Post by LDE »

There's a rural post office–convenience store not far from here with a sign that reads: NO DUMPING VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED. I could read that to mean 'dumping violators will not be prosecuted.' If I dump garbage there, think a J.P. will acquit me?

Among my other ways of making money I own a boutique record label, so I have to be familiar with the minutiae of copyright. Before the Internet complicated things, a common copyright statement on records was "All rights reserved, including the right of public performance for profit." Suppose I self-decide that it means that I can pirate a Stones album, since I'm not performing their songs for profit. Think a court will say that's OK, or will I wind up paying treble damages?
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

If I could figure out how to lock the thread, I'd do it. :brickwall: I can't find a "lock thread" link of the moderator control panel, only "lock posts". Any other moderators here?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95