Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by longdog »

Hang on... When did this happen? It vaguely occurred to me that Dismal Dave wasn't posting any more but I never expected him to actually leave like he said he would.
Dean Renshaw

Any one know we're lawfulrebellion.info has gone ???

Robert White

I think it's revolting or rebelling, something like that. It's not easy getting a post approved in this group any more since David Robinson left facebook.
I wonder how long it'll take for him to return begging bowl in hand :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

The bone idle git is probably just out of credit.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

JimUk1 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:18 amIs he seriously comparing a human brain to quantum theory?
Well, although I think that's bunk, the mathematician Roger Penrose thinks that human minds can only be explained through quantum theory. So, that, in itself, is not necessarily evidence of "crazy talk".
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
longdog

Post by longdog »

Isn't it the case though that everything ultimately comes down to quantum effects if you look at things on small enough scale? Saying the human brain can only be explained by quantum theory may be true but you could probably say the same thing about the brain of a mouse or the propagation of a fungus.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm
JimUk1 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:18 amIs he seriously comparing a human brain to quantum theory?
Well, although I think that's bunk, the mathematician Roger Penrose thinks that human minds can only be explained through quantum theory. So, that, in itself, is not necessarily evidence of "crazy talk".
It can be when the one doing the talking doesn't know what the big words mean.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

longdog wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:43 pm Isn't it the case though that everything ultimately comes down to quantum effects if you look at things on small enough scale? Saying the human brain can only be explained by quantum theory may be true but you could probably say the same thing about the brain of a mouse or the propagation of a fungus.
i may be mistaken, but I did take a quantum mechanics course at CalTech.... Dr. Penrose seems to take the position that the semi-classical model of the human brain fails to explain the human mind. He proposes the theory that thoughts may travel between the "many worlds" of the Copenhagen Interpretation. I (and other quantum mechanics*) believe this to be a misinterpretation of quantum mechanics. Unlike the case of Deepak Chakra, I cannot say definitively that he is misusing quantum mechanics.

*Yes, I know that someone who uses quantum mechanics is not called a "quantum mechanic". See, for example the movie "Forbidden Planet". This is also not to be confused with an auto mechanic who works on a 1980s VW vehicle.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
longdog

Post by longdog »

I fear we are drifting somewhat off topic but I'm on the outside of half a bottle of rum so what the hell...

My favourite bit of quantum woo... Or not woo depending on your attitude to these things... Is Quantum Immortality. Basically it goes like this...

In the many worlds interpretation of quantum bibbily bob everybody is immortal by their own perception but nobody else is. For every event, no matter how small, in life there are two outcomes both as real as each other. In one world the event leads to your death and in the other world the event leads to your continued life. Now... By definition any event that leads to your death will not be experienced by you as lying in your past but any event that leads to your continued existence will be experienced by you as lying in your past. Therefore you will always experience a world in which you continue to exist.

This can be scientifically proven by simple reference to that time you walked away from a head on crash without a scratch while the other guy spent five weeks in hospital and that time you drunkenly dived head first off a pier into three feet of water and escaped with minor injuries... Or is that just me? :D

Naturally this rule does not apply to others as experiencing the death of others does not disrupt the time-line of your own quantum immortality.

Ipso facto, Q.E.D.

Looking at it from a more pessimistic point of view this means everybody, by their own perception, is damned to see every living thing they care about die... For eternity.

This post bought to you by Sainsbury's Superior Dark Rum. £12.00 per 75cl. Buy now... SAVE £££££
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

Certainly true what they say about a little knowledge.

It’s fine reading about law and science, but human intelligence is measured by how well you understand it.
OTTO "Apes don't read philosophy'
WANDA "They do Otto, they just don't understand it!"
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

On the old but correct Wonkos demolition of PLD, some of the rebels are getting unhappy with this work of treason in the comments.

http://www.wonkosworld.co.uk/wordpress/ ... ent-574363
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SteveUK wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:47 pm On the old but correct Wonkos demolition of PLD, some of the rebels are getting unhappy with this work of treason in the comments.

http://www.wonkosworld.co.uk/wordpress/ ... ent-574363
That's not their only contact from Planet Q, scroll up the comments a bit.....
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 pm Dr. Penrose seems to take the position that the semi-classical model of the human brain fails to explain the human mind.
The main similarity between the human mind and quantum theory is that they both involve spooky action at a distance.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

jcolvin2 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:59 am

The main similarity between the human mind and quantum theory is that they both involve spooky action at a distance.
To me, the main similarity is that both are too complex for my limited and ever decreasing understanding.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I wonder how this is going to work out for Debs. Does blocking up your letterbox make you invulnerable?
Jonathon Laraune
Quick question. has anybody stopped paying their CT under common law?

Debra Dudley
Not paid for two years, slightly worried as I own outright, I removed my letterbox quite a while back as there is no legal requirement to have a letterbox. Royal Mail cannot leave post on your doorstep
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Slightly worried means there may be some shreds of sanity.

Where do these little gems of nonsense come from?
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm pretty sure she's lying but even if she weren't I doubt the courts would accept "I screwed my letter-box shut" as a valid reason for not responding to a summons.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 am Slightly worried means there may be some shreds of sanity.

Where do these little gems of nonsense come from?
Yes, but they seem to miss paying attention to the fotl idiits who end up being made bankrupt and/or jailed, mailbox or no .
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Aside from the question of how anyone can live normally in today's world without being able to receive post, I'm pretty sure that legal documents are deemed served if they're correctly addressed and popped into the post with a first class stamp. It would be up to Debs to provide evidence of non-receipt.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

More on the departure of Dave R, he doesn't seem to be missed ..
Robert White
Bellion Re David I don't think David's on facebook any more mate, that's what he said last Sunday anyway.

Bellion Re David
Robert White why what’s up?

Robert White
Bellion Re David he didn't agree with facebook new policies so he left
longdog

Post by longdog »

aesmith wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:22 pm Aside from the question of how anyone can live normally in today's world without being able to receive post, I'm pretty sure that legal documents are deemed served if they're correctly addressed and popped into the post with a first class stamp. It would be up to Debs to provide evidence of non-receipt.
I'm pretty sure you're right and I'm pretty sure deliberately avoiding receipt by making delivery impossible would be treated by the courts in much the same way as receiving and ignoring.

If the first thing she knows about council tax collection proceedings is the bailiffs smashing down her letter-box-free door or the police arresting her on a warrant they are both going to treat her wilful ignorance as her own self-inflicted tough luck.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

As I recall didn’t Jimmy One Cell do something similar I remember he did the post drop at a friend’s, which backfired when the police got his mate out of bed at 1 in the morning. I am pretty sure he posted on goofy that he had removed his letter box and as such his CT bill had vanished. And as we all know it was such a success.