Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:35 pm It comes under the heading of "if you gave the authorization" then it is hard for it to be a mistake. That seems to be the bit they don't get. These things just usually don't spontaneously happen. Fraud is one thing, you giving signing an authorization ISN'T!!
Not quite. Anyone has the right to cancel a DD at any time by informing their bank but that's not what the scheme is for. Our FMOTL idiots don't get that. The DD Guarantee is for cancelling unauthorised withdrawals by the payee.

I have a good example. My electricity company suddenly decided that I owed them >£4,000 and increased my direct debit from £75 per month to £325 without agreement. They have for the last 3 years had "authorisation". It spontaneously happened!!!

As it turns out we are resolving the matter without recourse to invoking the guarantee, but it would have been my right to cancel those withdrawals.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The guarantee also IIRC goes back to the days when standing orders were common. A standing order paid a set amount from your account to someone. It was set up by you and could be cancelled by you. The recipient had no control over it. Direct debits are an authority to take money from your account which you have given someone else. They have to tell you in advance what they are taking when, but the amount was variable. Customers were worried that this could be exploited and that they could wake up one morning with their bank account emptied and without comeback on the recipient like the case Sage described above. Without the DD guarantee, they would have to resort to County Court to get the money back and be without it in the intervening months.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

longdog wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:01 pm What we need is a widely publicised fraud conviction for one of these DD reclaimers... Something with a nice long jail sentence.
I think just the failure of the scheme, repeated enough times would cause it to die out.

This may be overoptimistic, there are any number of other ideas that always fail and still appear.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:07 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:35 pm It comes under the heading of "if you gave the authorization" then it is hard for it to be a mistake. That seems to be the bit they don't get. These things just usually don't spontaneously happen. Fraud is one thing, you giving signing an authorization ISN'T!!
Not quite. Anyone has the right to cancel a DD at any time by informing their bank but that's not what the scheme is for. Our FMOTL idiots don't get that. The DD Guarantee is for cancelling unauthorised withdrawals by the payee.

I have a good example. My electricity company suddenly decided that I owed them >£4,000 and increased my direct debit from £75 per month to £325 without agreement. They have for the last 3 years had "authorisation". It spontaneously happened!!!

As it turns out we are resolving the matter without recourse to invoking the guarantee, but it would have been my right to cancel those withdrawals.

Considerable difference between claiming a charge that was authorized wasn't and having one that wasn't reversed.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Well, today is the big day. 37 people have confirmed they are attending, let's call it half of that due to drop outs. Its also now clearer why crabbie is so enthusiastic about today

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

If it's only an alleged bankruptcy at this stage, I guess Bob will be giving evidence proving it's legit so the court can annul it.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

SteveUK wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:38 am Well, today is the big day. 37 people have confirmed they are attending, let's call it half of that due to drop outs. Its also now clearer why crabbie is so enthusiastic about today

So, a beer and a curry down the Wetherspoons, talk a load of bollox that would make the Daily Mail blush, and then home!

So much win in that group it’s unreal!

It won’t be long before Dave comes along cap in hand again, needing money to keep the rebel alliance going, from the local.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Indeed. I think Crabbie's numbers might be a bit out though:
I will be disappointed if it's less than 100.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

SteveUK wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:57 am Indeed. I think Crabbie's numbers might be a bit out though:
I will be disappointed if it's less than 100.
I can't imagine most Weatherspoons coping with 100+ guests with no notice. If 100+ of them actually did turn up, you could guarantee some gobshites turning it into an incident. I'll look forward to the whinging when they all get banned from Weatherspoons.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Try the Moon Under Water in Manchester. They'd barely notice a hundred pubbers rolling in as a group. It seats 1,700.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moon_ ... Manchester
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

JimUk1 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:30 am
SteveUK wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:38 am Well, today is the big day. 37 people have confirmed they are attending, let's call it half of that due to drop outs. Its also now clearer why crabbie is so enthusiastic about today

So, a beer and a curry down the Wetherspoons, talk a load of bollox that would make the Daily Mail blush, and then home!

It won’t be long before Dave comes along cap in hand again, needing money to keep the rebel alliance going, from the local.
They'll be struggling to find a Wetherspoons in rural Somerset.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I remember one Somerset pub where the drinking room was just the front room of a small and ancient house with space for at most 8 people and they only sold scrumpy which,at a call, the landlady would bring in from the kitchen or pantry.

Somerset may have changed since then.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I wonder how much Bob's 'alleged' bankruptcy practitioners will charge for reading and filing the 'court' judgement. Fifty quid plus a filing fee plus VAT would seem fair. Add another hundred quid or so if they reply.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

slowsmile wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 am
JimUk1 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:30 am

They'll be struggling to find a Wetherspoons in rural Somerset.
They should of summoned Guy Taylor...
He managed to find a ‘Spoons on the motorway!

That hardcore!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ ... -pub-opens
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

SteveUK wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:38 am Well, today is the big day. 37 people have confirmed they are attending, let's call it half of that due to drop outs.
Even half would be wildly optimistic for a Facebook "going" notation. I'd put the over/under at 6.5.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Well it should all be over by now and the learned judge, HHJ Smith, should be packing away his wig and gavel.

I wonder what the verdicts were... If I were forced at gun-point to guess I'd say every single judgement went in favour of the freeloading moochers.

Now for the enforcement...

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:16 am I remember one Somerset pub where the drinking room was just the front room of a small and ancient house with space for at most 8 people and they only sold scrumpy which,at a call, the landlady would bring in from the kitchen or pantry.

Sounds like the perfect size for them then.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Once again the old saying; Birds of a feather holds true.

At great personal risk of being 'disappeared' by mysterious men in sinister silver vehicles Neelu has ventured down the M4 all the way to Glastonbury. She and fellow-adherents have arrived in a sunny field where someone has put up a marquee or two and for once there appears to be quite an attendance - Neelu says there are about 70 people present. There were no expected roadblocks or massive police presence which I sense was a minor disappointment, probably because the plods have better ways to occupy their valuable time.

Neelu is quite pleased to be there (chemtrails excepting which are blocking her signal blah blah). None of the defendants have turned up so they are all guilty she says. So that's the first part of the proceedings taken care of even tho the chemtrails are denying entry to the angels. But a few fluffy clouds are on the horizon.

Next, Council tax is unlawful. No officials have turned up, the claim is unrebutted so they too are all are guilty.

The comments are encouraging but I loved this one from "Jules Freedom" (not a duff name on FB? Surely not?).
I am injured, back pain so debilitating sometimes, that I can hardly walk.
Poor luv, what happened?
Shoulders and thumb from where the piglet ripped the phone from my hand to stop me commencing recording of them.
So an interaction with plod it seems. The story unfolds;
I later found out that he was only a traffic cop who arrested me for a minor speeding offence, all because I refused to give him my details, because there was no harm or loss caused.
Ah, a magnificent effort, turning a small infraction into a major one.
They forced me to undress in front of many female "officers" and also to give my DNA. --They said if I refused I would be held down. --They tried to get me on so many things, but all their breathalisers and drugs tests came out negative, as I don't drink alcohol or take drugs, dont' even have caffeine!
Although with this attitude the cops might have been forgiven for thinking along those lines....
The piggie on the desk said I had no rights whatsoever!
I'd be asking for the CCTV in that case. More;
They really believe they were at least, sympathetic and shocked by my treatment. Was this done on purpose? They also said I was suicidal, was this in case I "died" during the period of time 12 HOURS, they held me against my will? They finally let me go at 2am! They refused me a phone call to my really worried son, but at 8pm the nurse insisted I was allowed to, as he was expecting me home at 1.30pm, for us to go out! I chanted shiva and krishna mantras the whole time I was there and did my pranayama exercises to keep my blood sugar stabilised, as I am unwell! They thought it was funny and I said how ignorant they were of the planet's most ancient language and how they were tools of demons and "el-ite" minions. They are completely inhumane!
I had to look up what pranayama means, my children used to watch bananas climb into them I think but perhaps I'm becoming confused.... Google says its the regulation of the breath through certain techniques and exercises, all far too New Age for me I'm afraid. Let's just say £300 and six points on her licence at the end of all this unpleasantness.

Anyway, back to the action in a field that will be forever the CLC.

Neelu is filming again but not the proceedings themselves as that'd be a contempt (Tommy Robinson, are you listening!) but you can here dulcit Pictish tones waffling on. This is a bit waffly and boring even for Neelu so she has to leg it. There's about 100 folk in attendance now, John Smith who clearly has taken the Low Road to be here is himself presiding.

But to what end?

None of their rulings, edicts, verdicts, findings or judgements are worth a balloon. They are about as worthless as a Re (a Re probably shaves it, value-wise - just) to 100 crusties in a field - so what?

Anyway Neelu - stick to the speed limits there and back or you'll go all Jules Freedom on us, subjecting us to more hilarious videos of pointless efforts to stop the seizure of your latest common-law conveyance.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:16 am I remember one Somerset pub where the drinking room was just the front room of a small and ancient house with space for at most 8 people and they only sold scrumpy which,at a call, the landlady would bring in from the kitchen or pantry.

Ah, the pub at Wooky Hole I suspect! Been there done that and vommed all the way back to Liverpool. Now there's an image you'll find hard to shake.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Wow, 70 people. I'm genuinely impressed. In his short tenure, Crabbie has rounded up more people than Robbo has managed in years. True credit to him.