Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

JimUk1
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by JimUk1 »

whilst doing so you will be undermining your credibility, since to abide by their legalese doctrine (using coloured inks) has nothing to do with common law.
And so the wannabe Appius Claudius of freemen leaves the group without understanding the irony of his last post :lol:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Something of a setback for the Canuk PLD, as Jaqui Phoenix Robinson gets her own mini-Meads judicial debunking.

https://www.albertacourts.ca/docs/defau ... 54b39380_2
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:23 pm Something of a setback for the Canuk PLD, as Jaqui Phoenix Robinson gets her own mini-Meads judicial debunking.

https://www.albertacourts.ca/docs/defau ... 54b39380_2
[133] It appears that Robinson is engaged in an unauthorized practice of law. A copy of this decision will be forwarded to the Law Society of Alberta for its attention and response.

[134] I am also taking the perhaps unusual step of directing a copy of this decision to the “Lord Craigmyle” who is the figurehead identified by the MCLR movement. It appears the current “Baron Craigmyle” is Thomas Columba Shaw: Who’s Who (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000). By sending Baron Craigmyle this decision I am not purporting to impose any obligation on him. Nevertheless, I think he should know that the hundreds, if not thousands of Oaths of Allegiance that he is receiving are part of an organized campaign of deception and disinformation.

I very much doubt it got to “thousands of oaths”, I’m skeptical it got to 100.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

JimUk1 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 am I very much doubt it got to “thousands of oaths”, I’m skeptical it got to 100.
If memory serves, and it might not, a few years back the Warful Webbles were having a lot of trouble find a liege to pledge allegiance to and their oats two teh baruns were being returned unopened. I suspect Lord Craig Charles hasn't even done that and has been binning them.

I do remember Comrade Robinson, victor of The Battle of Glastonbury Town Hall (until the cleaning lady arrived) deciding that "the barons" now meant "the people" and it wasn't necessary to send the oath to anybody. Just post it to yourself for some reason.

This was around the same time as he also decided that it was OK to p.p other rebels names as witnesses if you couldn't find a real one. I love the idea of these morons sending oaths to themselves that have been "witnessed" by people who weren't actually there to do the witnessing.

Barking mad the lot of 'em.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

longdog wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:34 pm If memory serves, and it might not, a few years back the Warful Webbles were having a lot of trouble find a liege to pledge allegiance to and their oats two teh baruns were being returned unopened. I suspect Lord Craig Charles hasn't even done that and has been binning them.
He does bin them, from the horses mouth. He only gets them because he lives on an island & the PO signs for them.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

longdog wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:34 pm the Warful Webbles
They wobble and they all fall down.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
TBL

Post by TBL »

hucknallred wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:41 am He does bin them, from the horses mouth. He only gets them because he lives on an island & the PO signs for them.
Who is doing the interviewing here? She's obviously one of the A61 nutters.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

TBL wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:51 pm Who is doing the interviewing here? She's obviously one of the A61 nutters.
Caroline Stephens.
Had a punt at being an MP in 2015, "Former banker". She has Facebook & youtubes, but I can't be arsed to search & link them. Doubt you'll be missing much.

Now I have very low standards when it comes to the opposite sex, but I wouldn't be averse to whispering a few constitutiuonal sweet nothings in her ear.
TBL

Post by TBL »

hucknallred wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:54 pm Had a punt at being an MP in 2015, "Former banker".
I have questions based on language gap:
"Had a punt at", meaning attempted to get elected or was elected?
"MP", not sure this position, elected? appointed? What role is this?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

TBL wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:07 pm I have questions based on language gap:
OK, Had a punt = try. In this context she was the candidate in the Stroud (Town in Gloucestershire) constituency for the UKIP Party at the 2015 UK General Election. She came third behind the 2 main parties.
MP = Member of Parliament. Each constituency elects an MP at a general election. Currently 650 constituencies.
TBL

Post by TBL »

Thanks.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

hucknallred wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:40 pm
OK, Had a punt = try. In this context she was the candidate in the Stroud (Town in Gloucestershire) constituency for the UKIP Party at the 2015 UK General Election. She came third behind the 2 main parties.
MP = Member of Parliament. Each constituency elects an MP at a general election. Currently 650 constituencies.
From another poor colonial (US): so there are 650 members of Parliament, right? One of the cable networks here carries parliament's PM question sessions, in which MPs get to directly ask the PM questions about his/her policies. Very interesting. Sometimes I wish that the US had something similar. Can you imagine Donald Trump standing in the well of the House of Representatives and being bombarded with pointed questions?

Anyway, when I watch that show, it doesn't appear that there are anywhere close to 650 MPs in the gallery. Am I wrong, and the camera is just making it look like there are fewer?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Black Rod is enforcing social distancing and won’t let most in.

Seriously, at any one time the majority of MPs not holding ministerial posts are up in their constituencies or on holiday or meeting their Russian handlers.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Seriously, at any one time the majority of MPs not holding ministerial posts are up in their constituencies or on holiday or meeting their Russian handlers.
You do our representatives a disservice. They'll be putting in long hours as 'non-executive directors' or conducting vital work in the many subsidised bars in the HoC, before collecting the rents from their flipped rental empires.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

noblepa wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:08 pm
hucknallred wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:40 pm
From another poor colonial (US): so there are 650 members of Parliament, right? One of the cable networks here carries parliament's PM question sessions, in which MPs get to directly ask the PM questions about his/her policies. Very interesting. Sometimes I wish that the US had something similar. Can you imagine Donald Trump standing in the well of the House of Representatives and being bombarded with pointed questions?

Anyway, when I watch that show, it doesn't appear that there are anywhere close to 650 MPs in the gallery. Am I wrong, and the camera is just making it look like there are fewer?
PMQ’s is the bear pit indeed. Personally, I find it doesn’t do much good for progress as it’s more of a show for the leaders at the dispatch box rather than trying to fix real issues.

At the moment they’re trying to keep a few MP’s away due to Covid and the travel on public transport situation. The Palace of Westminster (Parliament) is closing for renovation soon anyway, and they’ll need a temporary home.

It’s going to get very interesting in Parliament soon especially given the Conservatives are turning on their leader, this could become a real political drama. I’d get the Popcorn.

On a side note, I think Donald Trump should have been allowed to speak in The House of Commons, he’d soon realise you can’t argue with drunks :lol:
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

We have a Prime Minister question period in Canada too and the general opinion is that it's totally useless for any issue needing an answer to a question. it's really just political posturing on both sides. Trudeau, our current prime minister, is an expert at deflecting questions so it generally runs like this;

Question - Mr. Prime Minister, is there any credibility to the story that you keep your hair so thick and wavy by butchering and eating babies?

Answer - My government has made enormous advances in protecting Canada's environment in the five years we've been in power, more than all of Canada's previous governments combined.

Question - Mr. Prime Minister, I repeat, is there any credibility to the story that you keep your hair so thick and wavy by butchering and eating babies?

Answer - My government has made enormous advances in protecting the rights of Canada's LGBTQ citizens in the five years we've been in power, more than all of Canada's previous governments combined.

Question - Mr. Prime Minister, I repeat, yet again, is there any credibility to the story that you keep your hair so thick and wavy by butchering and eating babies?

Answer - I'll take that question under advisement and get back to you.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:46 pm We have a Prime Minister question period in Canada too and the general opinion is that it's totally useless for any issue needing an answer to a question. it's really just political posturing on both sides. Trudeau, our current prime minister, is an expert at deflecting questions so it generally runs like this;

Question - Mr. Prime Minister, is there any credibility to the story that you keep your hair so thick and wavy by butchering and eating babies?

Answer - My government has made enormous advances in protecting Canada's environment in the five years we've been in power, more than all of Canada's previous governments combined.

Question - Mr. Prime Minister, I repeat, is there any credibility to the story that you keep your hair so thick and wavy by butchering and eating babies?

Answer - My government has made enormous advances in protecting the rights of Canada's LGBTQ citizens in the five years we've been in power, more than all of Canada's previous governments combined.

Question - Mr. Prime Minister, I repeat, yet again, is there any credibility to the story that you keep your hair so thick and wavy by butchering and eating babies?

Answer - I'll take that question under advisement and get back to you.
The art of politicking.

Personally, I wish the days of “Big Mouth Betty” as Speaker would come back.

It was like 600+ drunks in the house and a very angry wife berating them all.

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I have seen the Prime Minister's Question period in the Canadian Parliament, as well.

I agree that neither the UK or Canadian versions seem to accomplish very much, but I always found them very entertaining.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

At one point in time, Question Period in Canada actually meant something besides political posturing. There was a gentleman's agreement that opposition party members who desired a serious answer would slip the appropriate minister the question a day ahead of time so they could hopefully achieve a considered response.
Personal story here that Burnaby49 would appreciate. From the early 1960's until the 1980's almost all beer in Canada was sold in a standard bottle known as the stubby. Incredibly strong, recyclable almost forever it seemed, and simplified logistics since every brewery used the same bottle so a returned bottle could come from wherever.
https://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/beer- ... 20%20times.
Then in the early 1970's came a product known as Heidelberg Ale which had as a marketing gimmick the "keg bottle":
http://www.beeretseq.com/canadian-super-premiums/
A close family member was told by his minister at 11:00 that a question would be asked about that particular bottle that day (4:00 pm) and he needed a response. Rapid phone calls to Ontario Brewers Retail, the brewery, an afternoon spent crawling bars in downtown Toronto, and a hastily written note passed to the minister while the house was in session that the answer to the question should be to ban the bottle for environmental reasons since they were generally an all around pain in the butt and too many of them were being thrown out rather than recycled and the extra logistics burned too much fuel.