Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by John Uskglass »

What, even by their own warped logic, is the point of having your own meter fitted anyway?
I'm not an expert, but my understanding is that for gas the meter performs a regulator function ensuring the pressure of the supply is constant. Many, many years ago, I used to be active in squatting, and we'd quite often fit meters from a skip or derelict property to capped supplies to allow the gas to flow again. My older self looks back in horror at the possible consequences!

And on that note:
If her HA tenancy is anything like my council tenancy then messing with the gas supply is a breach of the tenancy agreement and one they are likely to take very seriously.
Absolutely. I've gained a possession order just for refusal to allow access for the annual gas check in the past, though I have a feeling that judges now prefer to make an order allowing forced access. Any suggestion of tampering with the installation would almost certainly trigger a swift and severe response. Nobody wants to be explaining to the HSE or a coroner why they didn't act quickly.
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:53 pm Absolutely. I've gained a possession order just for refusal to allow access for the annual gas check in the past, though I have a feeling that judges now prefer to make an order allowing forced access. Any suggestion of tampering with the installation would almost certainly trigger a swift and severe response. Nobody wants to be explaining to the HSE or a coroner why they didn't act quickly.
I noticed last year that my council / landlord start getting stroppy very early when it comes to gas inspections. I got a letter saying they were coming on a specific date that wasn't convenient as it clashed with hospital appointment. A rare and precious thing these days and a higher priority than a gas check.

It was no problem rescheduling with the contractor but I did get a letter from the council that was only just polite and reminding me I'd be in the shit if I messed them about. I can't say I blame them at all.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Quelle surprise :snicker:
Two so-called sovereign citizens have been found guilty of impersonating police officers for presenting themselves as “peace officers” at COVID-denier demonstrations in the UK.
Anti-Vaxxers Can’t Just Dress Up as Cops, Court Rules
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm Quelle surprise :snicker:
Two so-called sovereign citizens have been found guilty of impersonating police officers for presenting themselves as “peace officers” at COVID-denier demonstrations in the UK.
Heh heh. Shades of Robert Menard of our Canuck forum.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

MSM LIES!

According to Sussex World's report of a previous hearing, they said:
We are covid deniers, not anti-vaxxers
https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/news/cr ... ce-3432920
longdog

Post by longdog »

"Anti-vaxxer"... "Covid denier"... Who cares? Can we all agree on "Moron" :D
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Philistine wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:17 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm Quelle surprise :snicker:
Heh heh. Shades of Robert Menard of our Canuck forum.
Speaking of Menard I don't think we'll be hearing much about him in the future. The only remaining source of information about him is his Face Book page and I've been sporadically following him there. However he's recently locked it up, I assume access is now for friends only, and all of his past postings are gone. Since I never friended him I'm cut off from the tedium of his life. Really hasn't been much for years anyhow. Low level investment ideas, inventions, and anti-vaccination rants, that kind of thing. The last big resurgence was his ridiculous RoboBreath ventilator, essentially a high-school project he tried to use to scam money out of the unwary with a GoFundMe account. It's reported here;

https://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewto ... 48&t=12128

He got a bit involved, peripherally, in our recent trucker's protest which I also reported;

https://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewto ... 48&t=12303

As to why he's done this I can only hazard a few guesses;

1 - He's come up with a brilliant new sovereign scheme that's finally going to give him credibility and riches and he's sharing it with only his true believers. I'm giving that one 0% probability.

2 - He's tired of being mocked (Quatloos) and harassed (Arayder).

For those of you who don't know Arayder he once posted on Quatloos but was banned. We don't ban often but he earned it. He's an American, no skin in the game regarding Canadian sovereigns, but he was obsessively, relentlessly posting here about Menard. He didn't provide content but basically just engaged in pointless repetitive harassment. He was told to stop but instead he just upped the ante by increasing his posts to the point he was swamping discussions, including discussions that had absolutely nothing to do with Menard. So we banned him.

This didn't stop his Menard obsession. He's still posting about Menard on Fogbow and International Skeptics. I've been following those discussions, as has Menard, who recently made numerous comments on his Face Book page about Arayder's obsessive attacks. Since the only place Arayder seems to be getting information about Menard is from his FB page perhaps he's locked it up to deny Arayder new material.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rosy

Post by rosy »

I'm on the mod team at ISF; as long as arayder keeps to the one thread and otherwise sticks to the rules, he can continue his obsession there. I don't look at the thread unless there's a report but I just checked - there are very few replies other than arayder's posts.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

He may not be continuing much longer since Menard's lockout has cut him off too.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rosy

Post by rosy »

Pepipoo has a new thread which is going to end badly for the OP if they continue with their FoTL nonsense. 37 in a 30, so speed awareness course is the most likely outcome (though as they are already on 12 points, they may have done a course in the last three years).

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=144812

Apparently they were told by an "expert" - someone who "regularly fights these cases and wins" - that if they didn't reply to the S172, they wouldn't be prosecuted. So after two reminders and a long way after the deadline, they sent in a handwritten note, which may or may not have contained the required information, "without contracting".
longdog

Post by longdog »

I don't trust the police, lawyers, solicitors, judges or magistrates any more than I trust him, so it seemed like a fair course of action.
What a bizarre thing to say and I really can't see any logic in that. The police have the power to nick you and the judges and magistrates have the power to punish you. It's not about trust so what the hell is he talking about?
rosy

Post by rosy »

I am so tempted to ask who the "expert" is.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Remember Sinead Quinn?

She's back in the local papers.
Enforcement action including "sending in bailiffs and seizure of assets" could be pursued as £9,000 in fines owed by a salon owner who breached Covid-19 lockdown rules remains unpaid.

Sinead Quinn, 30, of Bradford Road, Oakenshaw, opened her Quinn Blakey Hairdressing salon in November 2020 during the second national lockdown, when non-essential businesses were required to close.
Quinn did not attend the hearing at Kirklees Magistrates' Court in August last year, and magistrates were told she returned her court summons envelope to the court with a letter which said the contents remained “unseen”.

After the hearing in August, Kirklees Council dropped previous fines of £17,000 handed to Quinn for breaching Covid rules which she also refused to pay.

Quinn also claimed the organisation bringing the prosecution was “fictional” and that she “did not accept the role of defendant”, along with an inky thumb print. However, details in the letter revealed she would have read the summons.

Quinn had previously wrongly claimed that she did not consent to the regulations and claimed the laws were unlawful.
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... in-unpaid/
longdog

Post by longdog »

Quinn did not attend the hearing at Kirklees Magistrates' Court in August last year, and magistrates were told she returned her court summons envelope to the court with a letter which said the contents remained “unseen”.
Excellent work. Now she has absolutely no way of challenging the fines. :mrgreen:
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

John Uskglass wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:31 pm Remember Sinead Quinn?
She's back in the local papers.
With the government paying businesses to stay shut at the time why did she do this.
All she had to do was present her accounts or tax returns to show what she was earning.
I don't think for a minute she was operating on a cash in hand basis.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Someone commenting under a story in the Grimsby Evening Telegraph about a school making kids wear blazers in hot weather has caught a dose of FMOTL.
Parents and Children call 999 or 101 and ask for a police constable to attend your school and ask the constable attending under his oath to protect you from harm, injury, assault and abuse by arresting the Head including the Teachers responsible behind this enforced intimidating wearing of Blazers during this hot weather.. You have the sovereign right under law that you are protected from these Tyrants by the police constable that is paid for by you to protect you. Do not be frightened and show no fear.
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news ... es-7327665

If anyone was daft enough to follow their advice, I suspect they'd end up on one of those 'outrageously stupid 999 calls' compilations that the emergency services put out.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Looks like a typical local rag, C&Ped from Facebook, non-story given that the story says the school have told the kids they must bring their blazers not that that they have to wear them.

It's a long while since my school days but my secondary school, which had delusions of grandeur and a strict uniform policy, had an order by which things could be removed... Jumper, then blazer, then tie... But no actual rule saying when you could do it. If you wanted to freeze in your shirtsleeves that was up to you.
rosy

Post by rosy »

The independent school that my three sons attended would declare "shirtsleeve order" in hot weather, but the boys still had to bring blazers and ties to school; the garments would be in their lockers during the shirtsleeve order. My daughter's independent school just allowed the girls to wear summer uniform if they wished at any time in the spring and summer terms.

I very much doubt that any school - state or independent - is forcing the pupils to wear full uniform in a heatwave.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Going back to the utility meter replacement scam, the Independent has this article today:
Revealed: Energy theft reports soar amid rising gas and electricity bills

Exclusive: Investigation by The Independent uncovers scheme charging people hundreds of pounds to replace meters
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 96876.html
An investigation by The Independent uncovered a channel on encrypted messaging app Telegram, with thousands of subscribers, where people were encouraged to have their meters replaced at what we discovered was a cost of hundreds of pounds.

Posts on the Telegram channel offered a service to replace people’s meters, as well as falsely claiming the cost of gas and electricity was already covered by taxes.
On the Replace Your Meter UK channel, which had more than 3,000 subscribers, posts by a channel administrator have spread misinformation about bills. One message on 22 April read: “Did you know that in the United Kingdom we have the legal right to FREE gas, electric and water? Seems unbelievable right??

“But, what isn’t free, are the meters that the energy companies provide us with. That is what we are enticed into a contractual agreement with.

“It is your right as a UK citizen to supply your own meters, as long as they are installed safe and correctly, and that they are up to British standards.

“We have had the wool pulled over our eyes for too long. Stand up against the criminal system, that is draining us of our wealth, and keeping us in the position they’ve designed.

“This Telegram group is to get the word across to as many people as possible, so please share far and wide.

“We’re offering a gas and electric meter replacement service. We will be serving all of the uk, in a bid to get everyone what they’re LEGALLY entitled to. This may sound crazy, but we have the laws and documents to back this up.”

Another post, on the same day, said: “GAS, ELECTRIC AND WATER ARE FREE! THIS IS OUR LEGAL RIGHT AS UK CITIZENS. The energy that we are supplied, is already paid for. Who by? Us! Through our taxes... This is hard to get your head round I know, so familiarise yourself with the following information/laws/videos.”
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Nice that the hack responsible for the article found the grifter behind the scam. Although he denied all knowledge, all the social media channels have vanished.