Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by SpearGrass »

We glean a bit about her back story from her address to the masses. It appears that Exeter Council refused her a bus pass, and she tried to prosecute them for murder and the judge wouldn't.

But who'da thought that 100 people would turn up? Or that publicising the thing on Facebook would mean the police turned up too?

Nice to see the man filming this maintaining simultaneously that the court was private property and that it was not private property.

It looks as if she actually belongs in the Common Law Court thread. She did a David Robinson - turned up to take over the court with her masses of supporters, and, realising there weren't enough and the police were there, shifted to serving a common law court notice on the court (which I think they refused, because, you know, no contract, no consent).
Larry Spoons
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Larry Spoons »

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

One could re-write that information with a completely different slant if you wanted to.
I also see we are getting into the "free land" stuff. While possible, and people have claimed to have done so, there are a large number of steps to go through not least having to wait 10-12(?) years at one point before the next step can be taken. The whole point of the Land Registry system was to record all land eventually by its simple premise of registering unregistered land whenever it changed hands. You can claim registered land too, but again it isn't simple, and also requires proving use, effective ownership, etc. and both are the sort of thing that can fall down on any small issue leaving you with a complete costly fail.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
John Uskglass
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by John Uskglass »

She has an interesting back story:
Story in the sense of fiction :)

Spotless Organic didn't turn over £30K a month, and Hannah Jackson-Matombe as she then was is not registered as a director of any other companies.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/07368287

In 2013 she claimed she would be opening an 'organic petrol station' (!) in Islington.
https://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/new ... nsey-rise/
In that article she says that Spotless Organic 'trains homeless people to become expert sanitisers... we kit them out in really smart outfits that look more like nurses’ uniforms.' Which somehow sounds creepy and dubious.

I can't work out from the Devon Life article if the idea that she lives in council property comes from her or the reporter. I find it highly unlikely that someone previously living in London with substantial property assets would be offered a council tenancy in Devon.

And indeed on Trip Advisor we find her advertising:
Hannah Jackson is a famous psychic medium in Devon Exeter. As well as having a great escape for couples or pals she can offer additional services.

Our lovely eco - house set back in woods only one of five new build modern cottage. Beautiful surroundings Topsham and Exeter plus easy access to the many beaches and dartmoor.

This is my family home we rent one double room for couple stays to couples/friends of any gender.
I guess that might be a council property. She does say 'I am challenging the authority myself to my right to shelter for my council property', but that's ambiguous, and could be read as her having applied unsuccessfully.

In context, it's also noticeable how her appearance changes in the various articles online that she's featured in over the years. Indicative of a constantly reinventing fantasist?

Here's her Facebook profile:
https://www.facebook.com/HannahJacksonRR/
A medium since the age of seven, a performer since the age of eleven. A barrister at age 34, a successful business owner at 38. Created Room Reading (a new concept book involving intuition at home and beyond). She performs using talks and sharing her own observations and insights. She uses her god given body as proof of what’s possible.
Pure speculation, but the Devon Life story wasn't picked up in the tabloids as far as I can see, and you'd think it would be perfect material for them, so I wonder if it didn't stand up to even their rudimentary fact checking?
ArthurWankspittle

No current Jackson or Matombe on barrister or solicitors registers.
Could she have family connections to Devon, e.g. trying to inherit mother's council house? Given that her ex seems to have got all the London property and she's got the one house in Devon. (Though of course you have to ask the question why didn't she foresee that?). I find it very reasonable that a barrister/business owner and her husband at some point purchased a holiday home in Devon.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Call me Mr Cynical, but I doubt she is a lawyer.

For one thing, she gives her occupation on the CH register as Legal Officer, which sounds kind of impressive without claiming a professional qualification. For another, the Devon Life article uses the ambiguous phrase 'stepping back from her law degree' which could be read as quitting the course, while in this article she states that she 'gave up my work in pupillage as a barrister, covering environmental law and women’s rights, and started doing the cleaning myself'.

http://tppsg.org/articles/deep-down-and-dirty/

You'll also note from that article the claim that:
My nan was a professional housekeeper, her cleaning and household management skills so good that when he was widowed, her employer married her.

Granny Beeton, as she was called by myself and my sisters, was an expert in household management who accorded cleaning a status it doesn’t get today and she would have given short shrift to most current cleaning ladies who do a few dishes and run the vacuum round the middle of the floor.

Granny Beeton said that in the 18th- 19th century households in London had at least three or more cleaning staff, headed by the housekeeper.
What a coincidence that this paragon shared the name of the famous Victorian author of 'Household Management'...

I also very much doubt she ever had millions of pounds worth of property, and Spotless Organic wouldn't have made enough to buy a house in Scunthorpe.

Indeed, despite 'serving the elite of London, like Lord and Lady Sainsbury', this ropey video is the best SO could come up with to showcase their satisfied clients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpD7F-Dn3uk

That'll do for now, but I think I have a lead on more.
longdog

Post by longdog »

My nan was a professional housekeeper, her cleaning and household management skills so good that when he was widowed, her employer married her.

Granny Beeton, as she was called by myself and my sisters, was an expert in household management who accorded cleaning a status it doesn’t get today and she would have given short shrift to most current cleaning ladies who do a few dishes and run the vacuum round the middle of the floor.
What a stupid thing to say. Housekeeper and cleaning lady are completely different jobs.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle

John Uskglass wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:42 pm Call me Mr Cynical, but I doubt she is a lawyer.

For one thing, she gives her occupation on the CH register as Legal Officer, which sounds kind of impressive without claiming a professional qualification. For another, the Devon Life article uses the ambiguous phrase 'stepping back from her law degree' which could be read as quitting the course, while in this article she states that she 'gave up my work in pupillage as a barrister, covering environmental law and women’s rights, and started doing the cleaning myself'.
Pretty sure you don't get a pupillage with a barrister without a law degree if not two degrees one of which is law. Further it isn't easy. I watched a documentary a while back and there were areas of law where, to get a pupillage, you had to have an Oxbridge first, a postgrad degree from somewhere else reputable, e.g. Harvard, Sorbonne, and "Excellent" passes in the exams. Then they might interview you.
https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/tr ... ister.html
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

You can only do a pupillage if you're a barrister. It's the opposite of the situation with a solicitor, where you're only admitted after the vocational course. With a barrister, you're called first, and then do pupillage. A pupillage is necessary to act as a self-employed or self-employed barrister (i.e. to conduct advocacy or litigation), but plenty of barristers work just in advisory positions, where a pupillage isn't necessary, or as justices' legal advisers, academics, Monty Pythons, prime ministers etc. There are far more barristers than there are pupillage places.

There are several things in her story I just don't believe:

a) her business was fantastically successful
b) she voluntarily gave it up because she wanted to pay her staff more, so she sacked them
c) she gave a house to her ex husband out of charity rather than due to a divorce settlement
d) she is seeking council accommodation purely out of a public spirit
e) she can foretell the future.
f) the "naked" in her title is nothing to do with titillation or marketing
e) and everything she says about the legal system, obviously.

The good citizens of Devon are obviously onto her judging by the comments. It does seem a particularly blatant piece of advertising masquerading as a news item, but fings ain't what they used to be in the local news business, so I suppose they have to take their stories where they can find them.

As already noted, the fact that land isn't registered doesn't mean it isn't owned. The exercise started in 1925 and has been going on ever since. Some land only has to be registered after ownership changes, so if land has been in the same ownership for a long time, it may not be registered. It doesn't mean it's not owned, and the owner will be able to prove ownership through documents: wills, deeds of gift etc.

When I was doing my pupillage (I went to a comprehensive school and a red brick university, by the way, but then that was long ago), bags of documents would be delivered to chambers every day by courier from the Land Registry, and barristers earned a modest competence checking and approving the title so that the land could be registered. The West Midlands seemed to feature heavily, and much of it was really easy, as it was Victorian houses which were built on land belonging to Lord Dudley, and once you got back there, it was the end of title trail.

I imagine it's done digitally now.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

the "naked" in her title is nothing to do with titillation or marketing
From her Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=45 ... 1843028441

Search for 'Hannah Badr' and you'll find a wealth of material, much of it in a similar vein. I think she merits her own thread, but I haven't the time or energy to collate and organise it right now.

This is her Badr YT channel - 'My work uses my body as a sacrifice to address the need for women to redefine themselves as powerful, intellectual and sexual expression.....I survive on commissions or donations from my fans'
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-N1 ... aWw/videos
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

"Hannah Jackson-matombe Who Has Set Up Her Own Cleaning Company 'spotless Organic Ltd'. She Advertised Her Business With Groupon Hoping To Get More Revenue."

https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/ ... e-3243417a
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

An interesting collection of local authority responses to FMOTL's trying to evade paying Council Tax courtesy of the 'Peace Keepers'.

https://peacekeepers.org.uk/council-tax-2020-responses/

Noticeable that some councils recognise FMOTL arguments as such and have responded accordingly -

Maldon 21/4/22 (I wonder if Chrisy Morris can be thanked for this!)
There is no legal principle that you are required to consent before being bound by the laws made by Parliament. The arguments you have made are what was referred to in the case of Meads v Meads by the judge as “Organised Pseudolegal Commercial Argument litigants”, or “OPCA”, due to a common thread of the arguments made by these litigants all being of a similar nature specifically that in order to be bound by the law, you have to explicitly agree to it, akin to entering a commercial contract.
Chichester undated 2022
The Council receives letters indicating that people do not consider they should pay council tax on what are put forwards as legal grounds fairly often. These letters typically rely upon websites that provide what the courts have called “pseudo-legal” theories. Sadly from my own direct experience as a litigator at Court dealing with such cases, people using such theories have been exposed to significant costs and risk of imprisonment for trying to apply them by the Courts so I would strongly recommend you seek independent legal advice before attempting to do so in relation to any proceedings issued by the Council against you for Council tax arrears.
Thanet undated
Whilst I am very happy to correspond with you on topics relating to data protection and freedom of information within my remit at the Council, further communications on such 'Freeman on the Land' subjects will be deemed vexatious.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I know we have a thread on the late BvonT but I can't be arsed looking for it so I thought I'd post this masterpiece from his group here.
I have shared 2 posts on afradavits.
I have just been I formed they do not meet comunity standards.
I have challenged this and will ask them to disprove the truth.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

will ask them to disprove the truth.
They're going to find that a bit difficult!
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:54 pm
will ask them to disprove the truth.
They're going to find that a bit difficult!
That lot wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the arse. They go out of their way to avoid it.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I was thinking more that there's a slight philosophical paradox in the idea of a truth that can be disproved!
longdog

Post by longdog »

True enough but they are talking about their truth rather than the truth. :?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Afradavits? People with ten pence minds should not use ten-pound words.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
longdog

Post by longdog »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:42 pm Afradavits? People with ten pence minds should not use ten-pound words.
Given that they have no idea what an affidavit is in the first place I don't suppose it much matters how they spell it.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

This case report highlights the long-term misery that can come from living next to a FOTL, in this case, a dispute over obstruction of a shared driveway. (Awful things, shared driveways, but still ...)

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2022/1658.html
In her correspondence, the defendant has denied the jurisdiction of this court which she refers to as a "private corporate enterprise"…..that has been "conspiring with the claimant" …and rather than comply with the Order and clear the driveway she has instead at various times sought to rely on Magna Carta, the Committee of the Barons, Islamic Law, the jurisdiction of the United States and the Court of International law.
The shared driveway in question.

IIRC, at some point Neelu's desperate neighbour on New North Road found our forum after, presumably, googling to see what was out their about Princess Nutjob. I hope things have calmed down for them now, but as we know with these people, there is usually no stopping them other than being locked up.